A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,094
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bathing suit sewalong anyone?  (Read 19855 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2007 02:35:04 PM »

Grin  that's cool Edud Grin

Exactly what we thought Mienna, it seemed it little strange having to take the bolt to the pub with us for dinner though  Smiley but we're used to getting weird looks  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
geniebueller
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2007 07:28:04 PM »

well I have fabric (37 yards of it to be precise  Shocked I know I'm plus sized but I don't think I'll need it all  Wink ) so I think I'll be joining in with this sewalong as soon as I can dig out my pattern  Grin

The pink is much brighter irl, I LOVE it  Grin

OMG i LOVE the fabric.
my parents and i used to have a pair of mating seahorses and it was the most amazing thing to watch the baby seahorses grow...
oh memories....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007 10:56:45 PM by retroeva - Reason: dont quote pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
edud

live by the sleeves of 1989

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2007 12:15:42 PM »

Okay, I have a free night...as long as I do some cleaning & packing then I will let myself cut my trio of matching bathing suits. Summer is really almost over and it would be nice to swim in them before August is over - ha! yeah right. Maybe on the weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2007 01:28:30 PM »

I've cut some pieces out but not been able to sew them as my machine is dead  Cry bloody typical!! fingers crossed for a new machine for my b'day next month  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
snowyangel
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2007 02:11:34 PM »

I've had my swim suit fabric for weeks now but i can't seem to find the nude lining fabric. Has anyone made a suit without it? I'd just love to finish intime before I go a nice vacation this week.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007 03:06:36 PM by snowyangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funky hand bags, pillows, cat toys and more UNDER $25...
www.snowyangel.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/snowyangel2000
Mienna
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2007 03:03:15 PM »

The only place I've found it is online at places like this.
http://www.fabricline.com/nylypama.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2007 05:11:47 AM »

i was lucky to find all kinds of lining at fabricland (canadian chain perhaps, not sure if it is elsewhere?). some of the other stores had much less appealing options.

you could try lining it with the fabric itself, if you had enough material, or a different colour of spandex. it won't breathe as well as the lining would but it should be better than going without.

of course i didn't start cutting - of course i went out for sushi last night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ecinahs3000
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2008 03:33:14 PM »

Summer is here (for me, at least)! And I want to revive this thread. What are everyone's bathing suit plans for this year?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katie_ramone9
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2008 02:42:50 PM »

I've actually become quite obsessed with swimwear in the past couple weeks.  I have around 50 different sketches and I can't help but draw more.  I'm hoping to make some of them this summer but I've never made a swimsuit before  Undecided

I've been looking all over the net for wild new swimwear styles for inspiration.  Anyone have any good sites? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2008 07:16:49 PM »

ecinahs3000 - late chipping in, i'm back again, my machine is up (although i lost my bobbin cover in the first sew of the season - gotta steal my ma's tomorrow). i have about 20 yards of bathing suit fabric to sew. or 6, whatever, it will be a million suits.

Best news of the multi-year sew-a-long : my aunt and her serger are moving to the region, woot woot! so i am waiting to sew all my crappy jersey tanks and bathing suit-age until after this weekend. Convenient - do I have vacation right after she moves to town? Yes, yes I do, and bathing suits do too....ooo ooo...

I have a two-piece to finish, plus lots more to go. Beauty fabrics, posted last year, will check that they still load right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
DIY Toaster Pastry Recipe
How To Make The Spicy Brunch Dish Chilaquiles
Belgian Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
How to Make Baby Leek and Mushroom Quiche for Easter Brunch
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...