A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 100 Journal Project  (Read 3599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TalkAboutLush
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2005 08:58:44 PM »

Just a couple suggestions...

If there were to be themes to the journals, maybe they could just be very general? For example - music, crafts, food, anything really as long as it's very general so that it can easily apply to everyone.

And you said to have it so that the people don't know that the journal is coming to them, I'm not sure that's such a good idea. I could be wrong but what if the journal gets sent to someone who doesn't want to participate in it? Or what if there are people who really want to be a part of it but don't get to because it wasn't sent to them? If you wanted it to be somewhat random maybe there could just be a master list of people who want to have it sent to them and the people can pick off of the list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Katosphere
One little kitten who won't lose her mittens.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2005 12:17:23 AM »

This sounds cool...

Another possibility for introducing a less-contained aspect is:

1) Person A starts a journal, and writes on page 90 (if it's 100 pages) their name and address, and an explanation of the swap/project on the inside cover.
2) Person A, after doing their journaling, sends it to Person B, another person in the swap.
3) Person B, after journaling, finds someone they know who expresses an interest in participating, and sends them the journal.  (There could be a rule about how far from person B they have to live, if we're trying to cover as much ground as possible, or not.)
4) Person C does step 3, and so on.
5) When page 90 is reached, whoever has it sends it back to person A, who then posts about it on Craftster.

There is, of course, a distinct possibility that Person A will never see the journal again.  This can probably be lessened somewhat by putting a time limit on how long each person is supposed to have the journal (one week?), and by stipulating in the explanation that the journal should only be passed to someone who is serious about doing it.

And if Person A still never gets the journal back, well, at least s/he put some art out into the world.

Oo, oo!  And if Person A wants to, s/he can write in the journal that if a person who gets the journal wants to start her/his own version of the project, s/he can send it to Person A, who will make sure to pass it along.  It could be, like, a giant pyramid swap project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessblueberry
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2005 10:10:32 AM »

Here is what I'd planed. . .

100 journals with 99 participants aranged in groups of 11. 99 journals in groups of 11 and 1 random journal for the grand fanalie. . .

1 sends to 2
2 to 3
3 to 4
4 to 5
and so on
11 sends to 1

Each person gives a general theme (i.e. orential, crafts, dreams, hopes, religon and what not)  Each perticipant can choose the size of journal as long as it is 50 to 100 pages and ships easily.  Depending on the size and weather the participant want any pages left over they note weather the other participants have 2-9 pages avalible to work on in said journal.  When partners are assighned participants print the send out sheet witht the names and dates to send by (atleast once a month).  I'd start with the first swap group of 11 participants and see how smoothly that runs before hosting more that one group at a time. . .

. . .once the first 9 rounds are finished I'd start the 100th journal that anyone can sighnup to work on, without starting their own journal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2005 10:15:40 AM »

I'm still interested, already have my journal (sans journaling). Just waiting on the go-ahead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TalkAboutLush
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2005 10:29:30 AM »

All the ideas sound good. Ultimately you can do it however you want, you're the organizer. Let me know when it starts up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beanblossom
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2005 09:29:46 AM »

I think your system sounds the best Princessblueberry.  It sounds the least fool proof and if the themes are general it could work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you live each day of your life. -Jonathan Swift
TalkAboutLush
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2005 06:33:54 PM »

Sooooo.....what's the verdict? Are we swapping?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pnk_elefant

tralalalaLALA.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2005 06:43:11 PM »

i'm liking this, but i'm confused.  sorta.
so what goes into the journals?  art, stories, diary entries?  is it basically just a whole lot of anything?

let me know when this starts up please =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It takes a crane to build a crane
It takes two floors to make a story
It takes an egg to make a hen it takes a hen to make an egg
There is no end to what Im saying..."
-Life is Wonderful, Jason Mraz
TalkAboutLush
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2005 07:41:22 PM »

I think there are going to be themes to the journals andyou put anything you want in there as long as it goes along with the theme....i think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juniperthimble
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2005 10:24:26 PM »

This sounds so cool! I love making creative journals. I would really like to be included in this swap when it begins. My mind is full of ideas for it! It sounds like it will work well with groups of eleven.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Fondant Crab
How to Make a Fondant Seagull
How to Make a Fondant Shoe
How to Make Fondant Daisies
How to Make a Fondant Christmas Tree
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...