A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 100 Journal Project  (Read 3584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princessblueberry
« on: October 17, 2005 11:05:33 AM »

After reading another thread
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=3706.new#new
I was thinking we could do a 100 journals project kinda like
http://www.1000journals.com/index.php?view=Home

Journals would be sent along randomly (you don't tell the recipent) as you particiapte in Craftster Swaps.  Sighnup would actualy be for who creates/starts the journals. . .whom ever starts it recieves it back in the end.

We could do this severyal ways depending on intrest. . .

1) Say only 10 people sighned up to start/creat the journals each would start 10 (slowly, say over the next year)

2) Each one started each by a different person

3) 25 participats each starts 4 journals. . .

Either way 'sighnups' stay open till all are claimed/started.  Journaly are passed to swappers with positive feedback only (to avoid getting lost). . .and journals would travel as suprises along with a curent swap you send out.

Being more of a project than a swap I'm not sure how of if ther would be feedback. . .I guess the first time out they could go as a swap. . .to the other journal starters.  Ideas? Yea? Nay? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005 11:09:52 AM »

It's an interesting idea. I like it.

I'm waiting for the altared book/traveling jornal to get to my house so I can work on it. Yet, I don't have any feedback because I'm waiting on my current swap partner to receive her package.

Still, I'd love to join.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hubbyoed

I don't like the Cyclops

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005 11:13:33 AM »

i'll admit that's a neat idea, but sort of confusing. Would the people receiving the journals have signed up? I mean, I know I wouldn't be totally willing to work on it if it just showed up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

remisica

Perception is a vicious cycle. Groar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005 01:35:14 PM »

oh, i've hear of that project before, it rocked my world, and but it only passed through my country 2 years ago.  Sad

i think you mean that each person starts one journal to pass along, and recieves from others? so if ten were to sign up, each would start his/her own journal, and then send it along to be sent through the nine other crafters, after which the original person recieves it? ten journals in circulation?

i see a way this could work.. as above, right, we have sign ups, and then its closed to anyone else. so it'll be contained. then we'd buy similar books to use, do the first few pages, and sent on. the organiser would send the address to each person, in random order. he/she sends to person A, who crafts it for a few pages, gets address for next person in the swap, and send it to B. and so on, til, the ninth person finishes and sends it back to the original crafter, who would have a priceless keepsake! it'll have to be a long swap, and there's be a feedback for everytime the person sends back out, like in the 6 months swap.

well i'm wordy today. Grin i love this idea, i'd do it if we had a big crafting window!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look for me in the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree.
princessblueberry
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005 06:18:34 PM »

oh, i've hear of that project before, it rocked my world, and but it only passed through my country 2 years ago.  Sad

i think you mean that each person starts one journal to pass along, and recieves from others? so if ten were to sign up, each would start his/her own journal, and then send it along to be sent through the nine other crafters, after which the original person recieves it? ten journals in circulation?

i see a way this could work.. as above, right, we have sign ups, and then its closed to anyone else. so it'll be contained. then we'd buy similar books to use, do the first few pages, and sent on. the organiser would send the address to each person, in random order. he/she sends to person A, who crafts it for a few pages, gets address for next person in the swap, and send it to B. and so on, til, the ninth person finishes and sends it back to the original crafter, who would have a priceless keepsake! it'll have to be a long swap, and there's be a feedback for everytime the person sends back out, like in the 6 months swap.

well i'm wordy today. Grin i love this idea, i'd do it if we had a big crafting window!

We could do it that way. . .right now I'm just  in brain storm mode.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

hubbyoed

I don't like the Cyclops

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005 08:29:51 PM »

yeahhh i like remisica's idea, excpet instead, i'd do it so you have 11 people & send it off with only the cover done & then all the sections or pages or however long each contribution would be done by everyone else. That way it's other artwork. Maybe adding in yours last. Hm. Anyway, if it's like this, I am definitely in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005 09:08:04 PM »

yeahhh i like remisica's idea, excpet instead, i'd do it so you have 11 people & send it off with only the cover done & then all the sections or pages or however long each contribution would be done by everyone else. That way it's other artwork. Maybe adding in yours last. Hm. Anyway, if it's like this, I am definitely in.

Since that seems to be the consencis we'll do it that way. . .so if we all start off with 100 pages in each journal you would get to do 9 pager per journal. . .with 11 participants.

Do you guys and gals want to start this soon or wait till after New Years?

I was thinking we'd have a once a month mail date, say the last day of each month. . .and we could send sooner if it was ready.  That way it is not rushed and you still have time when tests (for thoes in school) and life's little emergencies pop up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

remisica

Perception is a vicious cycle. Groar!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005 11:02:10 PM »

Grin glad i helped. i still think that doing that first few pages of ur own journal would give others something to work with, a theme, but that's just me. i prefer sign ups to be late too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look for me in the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree.
Strat_Sista
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005 11:19:06 PM »

i am definitely definitely in for this. who wants to be the main organiser and such?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005 12:52:17 AM »

i am definitely definitely in for this. who wants to be the main organiser and such?

Me. . .looks like we may be waiting till after the holiday though. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eye Spy: Huge Eyeball in Big City
Peripheral Vision 001: Eric Staller
Sandcastle World Championships
Tactile Pleasure in the Work of Judith Scott
Incredible Lifelike Human Statues
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...