A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: After the swap blues - organizer not gving feedback  (Read 2045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DogGrrl
« on: October 17, 2005 12:06:23 AM »

What do you do if the the organizer does not give feedback after the swap?  She is apparently still active but ignoring my messages and I have no idea why, as I have been nothing but polite and nice.

This was my first swap and I can't join any others until the moderator gives me feedback (this swap took place in July/August).  My swap partner (who was the best EVER!!) seemed to like my stuff.  Here is the link:

[url]http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=48582.30[url]

Is three months + the norm?  Maybe I am getting all bent out of shape for nothing? Please let me know, as I am new to this; am I out of line for being a little pissed off at the organizer?  If the organizer never gives feedback, how do you join another swap?  Thanks so much for your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005 12:16:03 AM »

Well, I'm giving feedback as soon as the person has done everything and the person has received. So I can certainly see why  you'd be upset if your partner has already received. Some or most organizers here may wait to give feedback until the official deadline is up though. I find that to be more tedious as an organizer though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
DogGrrl
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005 12:34:15 AM »

humblestumble (GREAT name btw!)

Thanks so much for your reply.  The mail out date was something like August 18th.  I was two days late (I ran out of fiberfill) but I did spend the extra $ for overnight shipping.

I am just a little ticked that the organizer was last active on 9/20 but didn't have the courtesy to respond to my pm.  In addition, she had called out for angels (apparently someone flaked) I wrote saying I would be delighted to help and never got a response back - at the very least I would expect a, "thanks but we have it covered" message.  Granted, I am somewhat of a "type A" personality, but this is just wrong.  People should have some manners.

This whole experience is making me rethink my future participation in the swap process.  Thanks for listening!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005 01:51:20 AM »

i usually wait until the end, unless it's someone's first swap and they let me know, then i update them right away. it's just easier to keep track of.

are you sure you're sending the PMs to the right person? there are a lot of people on craftster with REALLY similar names! i sent a PM to girlfriday instead of grrlfriday, and luckily she was quick to let me know i'd made a mistake, but quite often the other person isn't very active (if at all), so they never respond.

if your organizer is just ignoring you, send a PM to one of the moderators (or all of them, then at least one of them should respond). give them the link where your partner acknowledged, and they can update your feedback.

in the meantime, if there's another swap you want to sign up for, just send the organizer a PM and explain the situation, again giving the link, and there's no reason why they wouldn't let you in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
amerigirl05
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005 05:56:03 PM »

This is very interesting, because I have been having an identical experience to DogGrrl's... but we weren't in the same swap! The swap I did began in July. My stuff was sent and received 2+  months ago. The organizer said (a month ago) that she was finishing up feedback. PMs to her have gone unanswered. Very frustrating, especially since other than all that, the swap awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005 08:53:56 PM »

Do you have her e-mail address? I'd try that too if you have it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
amerigirl05
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005 03:56:45 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I now have positive feedback, so problem solved! Whoo!

PS thank you crafty_dame (I think you helped me out too Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydame

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005 04:41:59 PM »

PS thank you crafty_dame (I think you helped me out too Wink )

no prob. craftster's been doing some wierd shit lately, including refusing to actually update the feedback, and i think you just happened to be one of the people affected by it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amerigirl05
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005 07:30:15 PM »

That's weird. Wonder if the server updates had something to do with it? I noticed that some people were not even showing that they had been in the swap at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
16candles
Impulsive Letter Writer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005 10:32:36 PM »

one of my swap organizers gave feedback before the swap was over.  i sent and the person recieved but my partner flaked yet she still has positive feedback!  very frustrating indeed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fashion is feeding us identification.
http://www.geocities.com/dropdowngorgeous/
craftydame

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005 11:55:19 PM »

one of my swap organizers gave feedback before the swap was over.  i sent and the person recieved but my partner flaked yet she still has positive feedback!  very frustrating indeed.

okay, THAT sucks. i'd definitely send a PM to the swap mods to get that fixed. (though i'd try the organizer first)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DogGrrl
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005 10:41:24 PM »

Thanks for all of your suggestions and help!

Has anyone gotten feedback from this swap?  I pm'd the organizer a few times, no reply and am still "in progress". 

At first I was mad about the lack of feedback, but now I am getting concerned.  Has anyone heard from nickerly_kitten?  I hope everything is okay with her   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taloola

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005 01:59:23 PM »

i was in that same swap and have yet to get feedback also....at one point i pm'd her and she replied saying that she was out on vacation and wouldnt be back for a while but it has been a long time since.  it would really be nice to know atleast what is going on....dont give up on swappin!  try to get a moderater to help you out!  you were a great partner so you should be able to join other swaps! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a La Strip Steak
How to Make Gooseberry Jelly
How to Make Mayonnaise - Whip It Up!
How to Make Butter
How to Make Tequila Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...