A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Andy Warhol  (Read 3567 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xcaffeinecrushx
« on: October 16, 2005 04:52:36 PM »

i'm thinking of being andy warhol for halloween, as he is my favorite artist, (well one of them Smiley) i was just trying to think of how to acomplish this, i have a blonde wig from years past i am going to cut&style, and i need to find some glasses, does anyone have any other ideas?! i would really appreciate the help Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mjadams
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005 04:54:56 PM »

you can spray paint your clothes silver, since he went through that whole silver era!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
xcaffeinecrushx
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005 05:11:06 PM »

ohh very true, good idea! Thanks a lot
i didnt think about that, if i cant think of any ideas i might just be one of the superstars, like ultraviolet or something, so many possibilities, only one halloween Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005 05:44:22 PM »

My friend went as Andy Worhol for awhile. Not for Halloween. Just for awhile. (weirdo Cool .)
Beyond the wig and glasses the best thing he did was really get the phrases down. Watch an old video of Warhol at his Factory talking about art or anything really. If you can talk all disaffected and cocky like that about art and being bored and how "new" people or places are, you'll really have it.

Also, my friend drew in his eyebrows to really match Andy and wore mostly tight black turtlenecks with black jeans.  He also carried around random crap and would throw it on a table or in a box in quiet moments and declare it art.  If you could get someone else to accompany you as Basquiat... wow. Double whammy halloween.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
Meegie
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005 05:53:35 PM »

I love you.  Warhol is my favorite.  I love him.

Yeah- what everyone else said-  dress in a black turtleneck and black pants.  But-  paint your wig silver.  Uh... what else?  I'm not sure.

Well, good idea though!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollyg9211

9 out of 10 ninjas agree...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005 12:52:25 PM »

I agree with the black turtleneck...and black sunglasses
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shop for KiWi Cuties apparel at
http://www.kiwicuties.etsy.com
Catgirrrl
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005 01:05:27 PM »

You could paint your face in bright colors and go as one of his self portraits.  Cheesy

Also, there were rumors that he was very weird about his age and dyed his hair white so people would tell him how young he looked.  "In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes" is his quote too.  And he loved celebrities.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oops Creations
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005 01:50:25 PM »

Dress up like Andy, then take your picture and copy it several times each in a different color and then paste them on a board that you wear around your neck.  You'll be him and his art at the same time

Involve campbells soup cans in the costume when ever possible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
xcaffeinecrushx
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005 03:19:17 PM »

thanks for all the great sugestions!
i like the idea of incorporating his art into it somehow,

thanks so much! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raggamuffinchild
Raggamuffin Child

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005 07:59:21 PM »

My sister and three of her friends went as an Andy Warhol painting a few years ago.  They each got different colored bob-style wigs, and painted their faces bright colors.  Then wore basic go-go style clothes all in different solid colors.   The key is bright and neon colors!  If you don't have three people to coordinate with, I liked a previous person's idea of cutting out three other heads.

(another funny thing about the bob wigs was that someone figured out that if you put the wig on backwards, it made a great mullet wig.) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set Your Personal Preferences
How to Use the Directional Blur Effect in After Effects
How to Use Advanced Lightning Effect in After Effects
Adobe Creative Suite 2 - How to Create a Text Wrap from the Photoshop Path
Adobe Creative Suite 2 - How to Draw a Runaround Path in the Original Photoshop File
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...