A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Salt Peanuts Knitalong (IK Spring 2004)  (Read 23593 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jazzyjas
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2004 02:00:56 PM »

Nice Web site, Paige!!  I am plugging away on the left front -- I am up to the waist increases  -- it is going along nicely but I have so many projects calling to me -- I am boynd and determined to finish a baby sweater which just needs the collar and finishing (read sewing) this weekend -- and I have been taking my baby blanket as the knit away from home project which just leaves slow loading stuff on the computer for Salt Peanuts and evening knitting when not working these crazy 12 hour days that kept me hostage last week. 

So half way done the left front with this

jas
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gerbera

too much craft, not enough time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2004 01:58:01 AM »

hey 615bride, I had only done it in my head, not actually onto the front yet!!
I wish I was that fast!  I am up to the waist decreases on the back and I sorted myself a basic blog with images:
http://knittingkiwi.blogspot.com/

the colour looks really sad for some reason, nice in the box bad on the knit.  probably my crap photog. skills (or lack of).  usually I shake and get a nice blur going on.    the front really scares me and I keep reading over the instructions and freaking out.  I printed out iko's links to helpful hints so hopefully I will be ok once I get there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Iko
Your Plastic Pal Who's Fun To Be With

Knitting is sexy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2004 10:14:01 PM »

I just updated the knitalong website today.

The ribbing in front is a bit tricky, but I found with pencil and paper, I was able to figure it out.  I did have to write it out line by line, but I think that's just my own personal preference.  Plus, it was a good exercise for me to try to figure out the lace repeats and how to time it with the shaping.

I'm about, oh, fourty rows into the sleeves (I'm back to Salt Peanuts from finishing the sleeves of that flame sweater I was mentioning earlier).  I hope to finish by this weekend.  Unfortunately, the weather decided to turn hot and it looks like I won't be wearing it until the fall.  I will wear it for modeling purposes, though, once I'm done.

Keep at it, knitalongers!  I've been keeping up with y'all via websites and have updated the website accordingly.  If you don't have one, I'm more than willing to host pictures of your progress, just send the images my way.  (Paige, I'm in the alpha group for the SSRP! Jillz, I'm sure the gamma group will be lovely!) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
615bride
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2004 01:50:12 PM »

Yay Iko! I'm excited about the SSRP. I'm in the beta group. As for Salt Peanuts...I love her and will love wearing her but it's going so sssslllooowww for me. I'm still chugging along on the back! I'll be able to pick everyone's brains about it because you'll be finished!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2004 07:58:41 PM »

I'm on the home stretch!  I am halfway through the last sleeve, and have blocked all the other pieces - they look so good!!  I am so excited to stitch this baby together.  I am hoping to complete it by the end of the weekend, although that may be a bit optimistic.  I will definitely post a pic of the finished product when it's all done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2004 08:56:37 AM »

Finally am back in a "knitting mood" so I am almost at the armholes on the back (quit laughing). I hope to finish the back tonight, but I have a yoga workshop with my daughter this afternoon so I may be finishing it tomorrow during the orthodontist appointment.

Jill

PS - am very jealous of the SSRP, but have bookmarked the page in anticipation of the next round  Kiss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Iko
Your Plastic Pal Who's Fun To Be With

Knitting is sexy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2004 09:08:44 AM »

I'm on the home stretch! I will definitely post a pic of the finished product when it's all done.

So am I!  One sleeve cap to go and then sew sew sew together.  Woo hoo!  I'll definitely be done this weekend and I need to start thinking about what should be my next project.  I'm still watching everyone's progress and will update the site with reports and pictures as they come in.  It's exciting to see other non-craftster people taking up the Salt Peanuts project.  It's fun, a little challenging, and a gorgeous piece of handknit goodness!

Please let me know if I can use your picture in a button, gloriana.  I'd like to make one for each knitalong member, but I will respect the wishes of the knitter who doesn't want a salt peanuts button.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gerbera

too much craft, not enough time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2004 10:16:48 PM »

I feel daft for making some of you think I was so good I was up to the front already.  Sorry Iko, I see you put that on your website too!  only in my head..

I have now finished the back though.  I had to force myself as my yarn (cascade lana d'oro on sale from WEBS 50% alpaca 50% merino) arrived for S'nB Under the Hoodie.  It was so beautiful and soft I had to knit some.  I then realised I am more likely to wear the hoodie in this cold winter than salt peanuts, so I had to start it.

I realise I also have this really odd problem of being scared of having more than one serious thing on the go at a time.  I think I am worried I will get so distracted I will never finish anything.  But, I decided I have to get over that as I am less likely to start to get annoyed if I can switch between projects when one gets too hard.   Is that a valid philosophy or am I starting to  dig a hole of UFO's for myself?

Now I think about it I will quite enjoy swapping between the 2.  I'm just a bit worried as I have yarn on the way for 2 more things I love.  I might have to get someone to hide the box for me until these are finished.  (yeah right!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2004 08:10:44 AM »

i think it's a sound policy to have a couple of projects going at once - that way you can put one down if it's frustrating you and pick up the other one.  I like to do that too, gerbera...  only with Salt Peanuts, I got so into it that I've neglected my other project, which is only 1/4 completed. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2004 12:44:13 PM »

My Salt Peanuts is done at last!!  I am very happy with how it turned out... here is a picture:

It looks nicer in person than it does in the picture - I don't look quite as lumpy as I do in the photo. 

This was definitely the hardest knitting project I've tackled yet - knitting the two front pieces correctly was a challenge, but a really enjoyable one.  I wrote out each row individually (as others have done) for the armhole and collar shaping, and it turned out really well.  I had to consult other folks' online tips to understand the short row instructions, but again, it worked out beautifully.  My gauge turned out to be more wonky than I thought it would be from my swatch - essentially I used 10 1/2 needles and knit the smallest size, but it turned out to be the next size up when I blocked it - which actually worked out perfectly for me.  I used 14 1/2 balls of the Bergamo.  Blocking really helped the YOs in the lace rib to pop out more - the blocking process was pretty essential to making my sweater look good...

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing ever-more permutations of this gorgeous sweater - and Iko, feel free to use my photo to create a button if you'd like!  Smiley

By the way, what do y'all think of the pale gray silk ribbon I've used to close it?  Is it good - or should I search for a blue one that matches?  (I couldn't find a blue that I really thought worked, but I only looked at one store)...  I'm on the fence about it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004 12:50:17 PM by gloriana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
AOL Motion Canvas: Future Art
AOL Motion Canvas: Wood Sphere
AOL Motion Canvas: Animated Geo
AOL Motion Canvas: Tops Above
AOL Motion Canvas: Dancers Man
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...