A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Why party hats?  Today, we officially welcome our newest Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss to the team!  If you see them on the boards, congratulate them!
Total Members: 305,636
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Salt Peanuts Knitalong (IK Spring 2004)  (Read 27418 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

615bride
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2004 06:39:07 PM »

Thanks Rae. That's what I'm hoping will happen. I guess I just can't really "picture" what I'll be doing and that's making me nervous. Am I right in think that I start the armhole shaping before I start the other things? I know it says they are all worked at the same time but it still seems like the armhole shaping will go for a few rows before I start in anything else....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

615bride
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2004 04:04:27 AM »

picture of my left front on my blog  www.starfishknits.com

Thanks to Iko who set me straight on the short rows...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2004 07:12:09 PM »

Finally, finally, FINALLY finished the left front. I swear I thought that I would never get to the point where I could say that, but it is finished. Now, I only have the right front, both sleeves, and the finishing and then it will really be finished. The short rows hit two rows after the double back decreases, but after I wrote out a code for that section, I was okay.

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

615bride
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2004 07:12:41 AM »

Yaaaaaay Jill! Are you forging on or taking a break? I'm going to knit the Paris Loop as a distraction. Is anyone else besides us still around?

Paige
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2004 07:30:01 AM »

I finished the right side last night and started the first 8 rows of one of the sleeves. I really want this to be done by my birthday (13th), but preferably when my sister comes home from England for good on the 9th. I don't think that the sleeves will give me much trouble and I can knit them while watching TV so maybe I will get it done by the 9th.

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2004 05:41:22 AM »

Cue Blur's "Song 2" - Woo Hoo - I finally finished Salt Peanuts! I actually finished it last weekend and wore it to see my sister and her family when they returned to the USA (for good) via Baltimore. Talk about a warm little number . . . I didn't expect this yarn to knit up this thick or warm, but was really surprised. I wanted to sew a button onto the sweater in place of the ribbon and did so until I realized that the fabric was too stretchy for it. I was in the process of clipping the thread at our hotel in Baltimore when my DH turned off the light I was using and I actually clipped one of the knitting threads and watched the carefully crafted eyelet unravel. Luckily I caught it quickly enough and rather crudely tied two threads together. The ribbon now fits quite nicely through the larger loop. Anyway, it is done!

Jill

PS - Sorry I always look so odd and in the same spot in all my pictures, but I usually take them myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

615bride
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2004 06:02:31 AM »

Woohoo Jill!!! It looks great! I am now officially the last Salt Peanuts knitter..... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2005 08:38:18 AM »

Hi,
I'm sure that everyone else has finished their Salt Peanuts, but I am wanting to start this project and I have no idea where to get the yarn or any comparable yarn.  I have done internet searchs, and read through the previous posts on this knitalong.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amanda
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Roe
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2005 08:40:36 AM »

I absolutely loved this sweater when i first saw it. But i am too scared to make it. I can only imagine it is really hard. All you guys have done such a great job, I may just have to order the yarn so I have to attempt it.

great job everybody you're all an inspiration.

roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

615bride
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2005 11:45:43 AM »

amanda - I got mine at Elann.com. Have you tried there?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
A Non-Invasive Way to Blast Cellulite
Tis The Season for Peppermint Beauty Products
Elie Saab - Spring/Summer 2016 - Paris Fashion Week - Runway & Interviews - Videofashion News
Miranda Kerr Reveals Her Biggest Fashion & Beauty Secret
How To Make Lip Stain Remover
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...