A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Salt Peanuts Knitalong (IK Spring 2004)  (Read 24608 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

615bride
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2004 06:39:07 PM »

Thanks Rae. That's what I'm hoping will happen. I guess I just can't really "picture" what I'll be doing and that's making me nervous. Am I right in think that I start the armhole shaping before I start the other things? I know it says they are all worked at the same time but it still seems like the armhole shaping will go for a few rows before I start in anything else....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

615bride
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2004 04:04:27 AM »

picture of my left front on my blog  www.starfishknits.com

Thanks to Iko who set me straight on the short rows...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2004 07:12:09 PM »

Finally, finally, FINALLY finished the left front. I swear I thought that I would never get to the point where I could say that, but it is finished. Now, I only have the right front, both sleeves, and the finishing and then it will really be finished. The short rows hit two rows after the double back decreases, but after I wrote out a code for that section, I was okay.

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

615bride
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2004 07:12:41 AM »

Yaaaaaay Jill! Are you forging on or taking a break? I'm going to knit the Paris Loop as a distraction. Is anyone else besides us still around?

Paige
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2004 07:30:01 AM »

I finished the right side last night and started the first 8 rows of one of the sleeves. I really want this to be done by my birthday (13th), but preferably when my sister comes home from England for good on the 9th. I don't think that the sleeves will give me much trouble and I can knit them while watching TV so maybe I will get it done by the 9th.

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2004 05:41:22 AM »

Cue Blur's "Song 2" - Woo Hoo - I finally finished Salt Peanuts! I actually finished it last weekend and wore it to see my sister and her family when they returned to the USA (for good) via Baltimore. Talk about a warm little number . . . I didn't expect this yarn to knit up this thick or warm, but was really surprised. I wanted to sew a button onto the sweater in place of the ribbon and did so until I realized that the fabric was too stretchy for it. I was in the process of clipping the thread at our hotel in Baltimore when my DH turned off the light I was using and I actually clipped one of the knitting threads and watched the carefully crafted eyelet unravel. Luckily I caught it quickly enough and rather crudely tied two threads together. The ribbon now fits quite nicely through the larger loop. Anyway, it is done!

Jill

PS - Sorry I always look so odd and in the same spot in all my pictures, but I usually take them myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

615bride
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2004 06:02:31 AM »

Woohoo Jill!!! It looks great! I am now officially the last Salt Peanuts knitter..... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2005 08:38:18 AM »

Hi,
I'm sure that everyone else has finished their Salt Peanuts, but I am wanting to start this project and I have no idea where to get the yarn or any comparable yarn.  I have done internet searchs, and read through the previous posts on this knitalong.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amanda
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Roe
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2005 08:40:36 AM »

I absolutely loved this sweater when i first saw it. But i am too scared to make it. I can only imagine it is really hard. All you guys have done such a great job, I may just have to order the yarn so I have to attempt it.

great job everybody you're all an inspiration.

roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

615bride
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2005 11:45:43 AM »

amanda - I got mine at Elann.com. Have you tried there?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stunning Timelapse of Dense Fog Clouds Rolling Over Chicago
A Funeral for Blue Eye
Filming and Editing Tech Videos
Tips for Conducting an Interview
Walter Mosley Talks Adapting Books to Films
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...