A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
410 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Om Yoga Mat Bag  (Read 6458 times)
Tags for this thread: yoga_mat_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ultraviolet
« on: October 16, 2005 08:10:16 AM »

I, too, only used one skein. And I ended up taking the strap apart because I followed the instructions and it was WAY too long. Plus, it does stretch. Anyhow, I just started taking a yoga class and I walk there from home, so this comes in handy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005 09:08:38 AM »

That is awesome...did you follow a particular pattern?

Whit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ultraviolet
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005 01:44:04 PM »

Yes, it's from Stitch N Bitch Nation Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005 03:39:59 PM »

I just looked at your answer and thought 'wow I am a dumba@@'.  Thanks for not making me feel anymore stupid though!
Whit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlcitizen

Llama's taste good with milk.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005 12:38:45 PM »

cool.  i've been thinking of making that for a friend.  hope the pattern wasn't too hard...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I knit therefore I am.
ultraviolet
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005 02:07:10 PM »

No, it was super easy and very quick to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flyingpizza
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005 04:19:35 PM »

We're having an auction fundraiser for the non-profit I work for next month, and one of the packages we're auctioning off includes yoga classes and massage. We decided to include a yoga mat in the package, but since it wasn't in a box or anything, the presentation wasn't too hot. So I offered to make the Om Yoga Mat Bag from Stitch N Bitch Nation. I finished it last night and stopped by the office today (on a day off no less!) to make sure it fit nicely. Here 'tis:

Like a lot of other people have noted, this took a lot less than the 2 balls of Lion Cotton the pattern calls for--I have quite a bit of the one ball I used left. I even made it a little bit longer so it would come to the top of the mat, too. I did make the strap shorter, however. I'm pretty happy with it; I never would have made this for myself, but it was a fun quickie project. Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyRita07
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005 07:46:37 AM »

So i'm working on this yoga bag for a friend for christmas and i'm on the fourth row and i keep getting 3 stiches at the end instead of 2. I've pulled it out and tried it 3 times, so i think i'm doing something wrong, so i have a few questions. Whenever you yarn over, do you just put the yarn over, and then do the slip stich, or do you do a knit stich inbetween those? i ask this because in the back it explains a yarn over as kniting a stich, yarn over, then knitting a stich.  ok i lied, i only had that one question. thank you to whoever can help Smiley

Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
keri1776
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005 06:46:08 AM »

i pulled mine apart more than 12 times... but i finally got it perfect...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -- Douglas Adams
Gretchen77
Jill of all Trades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005 10:22:07 PM »

I am so glad that you finished it, It looks great!! I had 1/2 of mine knit and forgot about it and then had no idea where I was in the pattern and had to pull it all out. I really enjoyed making the lace pattern though and will attempt it again hopefully after Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...