A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cant find stuff in rome  (Read 2858 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sabrinabobina
« on: October 16, 2005 02:17:57 AM »

hey,i was wondering if anyone knew where in italy i could find sheets of magnet,and preferably in rome.i have looked everywhere with no luck.grazie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucertola
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005 02:47:37 AM »

Unfortunately I don't have any place to suggest you, but maybe searching through eBay may help.
Looking for supplies is absolutely challenging in Italy! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cronenwett
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006 11:26:23 AM »

I know this is an old post, but can anyone tell me about bead stores in Rome?  I may be making a trip in late march early april.  I can't seem to find much info online, but there must be something!

Thanks,
Liz
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sushimifune

Life is a gift-horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006 12:13:58 AM »

Bead stores in Rome?
There are many in the area of China town. That area is properly called "Piazza Vittorio". There you will find many many shops owned by north africans that import beads from all over the world. This is the main source of beads in town, you can find great variety and good prices.
Not so far from Piazza Vittorio -which is a square, just close to Santa Maria Maggiore (a very big church) and behind Stazione Termini wich is the main train station in town- there's a tiny shop (a little more expensive, I must say) which is called "La pallina". It's located in Via Mecenate, which is a side street of Via Merulana. La pallina have another shop closer to the centre-town. It's in Via Margutta, 61. Via Margutta is just close to Via del Corso, the main street in the centre.
If you need more help, just write.
As you might have understood, I live in Rome  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sewer Rat
Fabric will be my downfall!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006 05:26:28 PM »

I'm going to be in Rome and Florence in April.  I love  shopping for unusual fabrics and yarn.   Any suggestions, ragazze?
i can't wait i can't wait i can't wait
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organ donation rocks!  Recycle, reuse!
ksew
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006 06:55:01 AM »

I was just in Rome and found a really great little fabric store, unfortunately, the only thing I remember is that it was in the jewish ghetto, I don't remember a street name, but I can ask my husband who used to live there and he can tell me.  I found the most fabulous orange stiff cotton material, and when I brought it back home to boston and started using it, every time I made a cut I could see littel strands of stiff plastic sticking out.  I have no idea what this fabric is but it is amazing and I LOVE it.  I have never seen it anywhere here in the states!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
green monk
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006 07:17:31 PM »

hm...think you could get that street ksew?  ill be in italy this fall doing a study abroad and my roommate is a jewish girl and we are both into craftyness Cheesy i think shed not only be interested in finding some jewish italians, but a fabric store would rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I WILL BE IN THE WOODS FROM AUGUST TO NOVEMBER... GOOD-BYE COMPUTER!!!
mata
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006 03:24:40 AM »

hm...think you could get that street ksew?  ill be in italy this fall doing a study abroad and my roommate is a jewish girl and we are both into craftyness Cheesy i think shed not only be interested in finding some jewish italians, but a fabric store would rock!

Have fun in Italy!! Unfortunately I live quite far away, otherwise it would be cool to have a little italian crafy get-together  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Terra Elan McVoy on Being Friends With Boys
Jeremy Toombs Performs His Poem "The Alleppey Express"
Finale Book Trailer
Author Bob Woodward Discusses the Economic Crisis
Bob Woodward on America’s Future
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...