A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circular Shrug- created by keridana, julsey723, guessica, and others...  (Read 101375 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2005 05:50:56 PM »

looks great!

and thanx for the sympathy, I am feeling much better and I am making it in purple this time, with worsted, and it looks pretty kewl so far!

emms  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2005 01:07:23 AM »

Hi all, I steeked it, and it came out awesome! here is a pic:

I have the other half, also steeked, does anyone want it? You can seam it up, and it would be a perfect shrug. Note that it is a bit big, probably be good for someone in my size range. (size 16)Let me know!

emms  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fruithead
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2005 04:52:25 AM »

oh these are so cute. they all look so professional. gotta get my mom to knit me one...i'm a long ways from knitting this myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
piratekittie
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2005 07:02:19 AM »

Oooh good job! Steeking scares the bejesus outta me. Props to you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HUGE Spring Cleaning Sale!!!!
Etsy: http://karenmaiko.etsy.com

I have a Blog!
 http://karenmaiko.blogspot.com
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2005 12:34:18 PM »

Dude steeking is scary. period. I did it and it still  scares me.

<peeks out from under the covers>

Ack!!!!  Embarrassed

emms

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maryam Ovaci

I love you, Interlibrary Loan.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2005 11:33:30 AM »

Hello everyone Smiley I think I might join this here knitalong, with a few modifications to the pattern. First I have some questions:

1. If I wanted to have it come down to the hip area, I would knit the rectangles longer, right? But then I'd sew up the parts that I added that were longer than the F to F area in the pattern, so that I didn't end up with some kind of crazy-huge armholes.

2. If I wanted there to be more overlap in front and/or a lower button/pin point, I would make the ribbing longer, right?

3. In the pics, after sewing, when it's circular and laid out, the center bits look like they foomp out some - are they loose in the back, when worn, or do they conform to your shape more?

4. If I wanted to add sleeves, I would just pick up the stitches in the area between the two F's, and just go wacky with 'em?

I'll be honest with ya, I'm trying to recreate something that's a lot like this:

http://www.whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/lcardigans/502.html

Different stitchpatterns, but the same shaping Smiley Do you think that's possible with this pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You bring Athena home five minutes after her curfew and not only does Zeus smite you with a lightning bolt, he transforms into a goose and seduces your mom." - Questionable Content

My own tiny knitblog, soon to include spinning!
http://pandabonzai.blogspot.com/
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2005 07:43:16 PM »

Hello everyone Smiley I think I might join this here knitalong, with a few modifications to the pattern. First I have some questions:

1. If I wanted to have it come down to the hip area, I would knit the rectangles longer, right? But then I'd sew up the parts that I added that were longer than the F to F area in the pattern, so that I didn't end up with some kind of crazy-huge armholes.

2. If I wanted there to be more overlap in front and/or a lower button/pin point, I would make the ribbing longer, right?

3. In the pics, after sewing, when it's circular and laid out, the center bits look like they foomp out some - are they loose in the back, when worn, or do they conform to your shape more?

4. If I wanted to add sleeves, I would just pick up the stitches in the area between the two F's, and just go wacky with 'em?

I'll be honest with ya, I'm trying to recreate something that's a lot like this:

Different stitchpatterns, but the same shaping Smiley Do you think that's possible with this pattern?

1. There is only one rectangle in the pattern... go here to view it unseamed /seamed: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45597.100 scroll down a bit on the page to view it. If you want it to come down to the hip area, just knit the mock rib section longer. I made mine 22" long to come down to my waist.  So you might want to measure from your shoulder to your hip, and then knit the mock rib part to that measurement. You won't end up with crazy huge armholes.

2. I made my ribbing 8" long on each end, and it looks like the White Lies one, so I would suggest that.

3. It definitely comforms to your shape, if you make it the right size. Make sure you check your gauge in mock rib if that is the stitch you are usuing, and measure from shoulder to shoulder, not adding any inches for cap sleeves.

4. Yup, that is exactly what you would do!

I think if you also look at chiaobella's, you can see how she made the sleeves:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45597.160

Good Luck!

emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maryam Ovaci

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2005 09:15:58 PM »

Thanks a ton Smiley I can't wait to cast on for this one ^_^ Probably the single most feminine thing I've knit to date
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You bring Athena home five minutes after her curfew and not only does Zeus smite you with a lightning bolt, he transforms into a goose and seduces your mom." - Questionable Content

rhiandmoi
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2005 11:16:19 AM »

That sweater that you linked to is knit as a T and then seamed up to make it a sweater. It is 2x2 ribbing in the body to give you the stretch. I don't know what the lace edging is exactly in that pattern, but you can use any you want.
If you wanted to do it in pieces you would knit the back, with the short rows for extra length in the back and then add the sleeves by knitting a tube, or a rectangle and make a tube, and then just seam them to the body of the sweater. Knitting the sleeves as rectangles is probably easier to add the lace edging to.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005 11:24:00 AM by rhiandmoi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maryam Ovaci

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2005 11:34:20 AM »

Hmm...  so, since I hate wearing seams (personal quirk Cheesy) what I could do is...

A. use a provisional cast on, do the larger rectangle shape of cuff-to-cuff, pick up the main body bits and knit fronm there, kitchener the sleeves and pick up the cuffs to add the lace, kitchener the sides and be done

or,

B. make the main body with a 2x2 rib or other decorative pattern, kitchener it up as per usual for the pattern, pick up the sleeves and do them circular, which wouldn't give the same bumpy texture in the same direction of the body. Decisions, decisions! XD

Happy/sad thing is that the recycled wool I was going to use for this looks like crap swatched up Tongue muchas pilling, I think it was just a bad sweater to try and save, but maybe I can use it for felting or a cat bed or something. Happy part is that if I use a more open and/or stretchy stitch, I can use this baby silk I've got gathering dust, because I didn't order enough for a full sweater Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Anne Truitt on Her Work
A Conversation with Christina Lauren
Jamie Ford: Sadness of Seattle Sparked Writing Career
Delia Ephron: Your Writing Is Your Fingerprint
Tom Clavin: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...