A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,911
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circular Shrug- created by keridana, julsey723, guessica, and others...  (Read 106289 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hst
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2005 04:52:09 PM »

I would try increasing by knitting into the front and back.  If you are switching to ribb at the same time I don't think you will be able to see where you increased.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkmatilda
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2005 06:57:43 AM »

Emmie
You are a tesoro!!
I made the conversion to cm, and with the photos you put i can know which are the stichs. The only thing lest is to know how many decrease and increase i have to make. Would you be so nice to tell me an example?
Thank you   Smiley Smiley Smiley
Hice la conversion ya se cuales son los puntos, lo unico que no entiendo bien es como se hacen los aumentos, me lo podrias decir con un ejemplo?
Gracias.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo raro es vivir - C. Martin Gaite
piratekittie
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2005 07:35:17 AM »

So I'm getting pretty far into my stockinette section and I'm wondering if I should do the whole 20 inches.... I'm pretty short so I don't know. Whihc part of my back should I measure so I know how much I should do? Is it neck to waist measurement?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HUGE Spring Cleaning Sale!!!!
Etsy: http://karenmaiko.etsy.com

I have a Blog!
 http://karenmaiko.blogspot.com
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2005 11:36:55 AM »

Emmie
You are a tesoro!!
I made the conversion to cm, and with the photos you put i can know which are the stichs. The only thing lest is to know how many decrease and increase i have to make. Would you be so nice to tell me an example?
Thank you   Smiley Smiley Smiley
Hice la conversion ya se cuales son los puntos, lo unico que no entiendo bien es como se hacen los aumentos, me lo podrias decir con un ejemplo?
Gracias.

No problem! You only decrease and increase once! For example, I am making the mock rib 22 inches long and the 2x2 ribbing 8 inches long on each end of the mock rib section. When you cast on and knit the 2x2 ribbing, your stitches are twice as many as you need for the mock rib section. So then  you would decrease tthe stitches by half right before you start knitting the mock rib section. Then at the end of the mock rib section, you would increase because you only have half the stitches you need for the 2X2 ribbing section. So you would increase the stitches until you have the same amount you cast on with. My example is I cast on 306 stitches, knit the 2x2 rib for 8", then I decreased my stitches by half for one row, and now I have 153 stitches on my needle. I then knit the mock rib section for 22" and at the end of that, increased my stitches by half for one row. Now I have 306 stitches again, and now I can knit another 8" of 2x2 ribbing. Then cast off. That's how it ends up being a trapezoid shape, instead of a straight rectangle. I hope this is clear... let me know if you do not understand.

¡Ningún problema! ¡Usted sólo disminuye y aumenta una vez!  Por ejemplo, yo hago la costilla simulada 22 pulgadas de largo y el ribbing 2x2 8 pulgadas de largo en cada fin de la sección simulada de costilla. Cuándo usted lanza en y tejió el ribbing 2x2, sus puntadas son el doble como usted necesita para la sección simulada de costilla. Así que entonces usted disminuiría las puntadas de tthe por medio derecho antes usted empieza a tejer la sección simulada de costilla. Entonces a fines de la sección simulada de costilla, usted aumentaría porque usted sólo tiene la mitad las puntadas que usted necesita para la sección de ribbing 2X2. Así que usted aumentaría las puntadas hasta que usted tenga la misma cantidad que usted lanza en con. Mi ejemplo es lancé en 306 puntadas, tejí la costilla 2x2 para 8", entonces disminuí mis puntadas por la mitad para una fila, y ahora yo tengo 153 puntadas en mi aguja. Yo entonces tejí la sección simulada de costilla para 22" y a fines de eso, aumentó mis puntadas por la mitad para una fila. Ahora tengo 306 puntadas otra vez, y ahora yo puedo tejer otro 8" de ribbing 2x2. Entonces lance lejos. Eso es cómo acaba por es una forma del trapezoide, en vez de un rectángulo recto. Espero que esto sea claro... permitió que mí saber si usted no entiende.

su amigo, Emmie  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005 11:38:58 AM by loisgriffinwannabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LolaBella
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2005 08:01:07 AM »

I did the 20 inches of mock rib and then increased with the make one and then started the 2x2 ribbing and it left holes!  I frogged it and am back to the increase section again... Why did I have holes?  help!  I so want to wear this thing!

Did you make one by yarning over?  That would leave a hole for sure.  I would use either the bar increase method or the one that I used, which was to knit into the front and the back of the stitch.

Here are some tutorials that will hopefully be of some help to you!
On this page: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/increase.php
Check out the M1L (this is what I call the bar increase, they call it something else) and the Bar Increase or k1f&b (knitting the front and back of the needle).  They will show you exactly what you need to do.  Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Costume Blog: Bella Miss Ella
Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2005 11:49:08 PM »

Hi all! I screwed it up really bad...  Cry I actually started crying when I realized I had spent all those hours making it and it was waaaaaay too big. I cast on 76 too many stitches, as you can imagine, it wasn't pretty. There are some pics on my blog of my hubby modelling it as a joke, and it is waaaaaaaaaaay to large for him. I thought I was going to make it too small, and the stress of that made me make it too big. Sigh.  Embarrassed

So now I am either going to steek it, or unravel it completely. I cast on too much, there is no other choice.

On a brighter not, I cast on for this again, this time in grape colored worsted and I was super careful about my measurements/cast on amount equalling the FO. I am going to use the yarn I used for this project for something else.

there is a link to my blog in my sig.

Wish me luck y'all!

Emms  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkmatilda
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2005 04:40:40 AM »

Animo Emmie! Dont cry!!
i undestand all, now im going to buy the yarn!  Cool Cool
Thank you and continue knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo raro es vivir - C. Martin Gaite
magabunda
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2005 10:47:41 AM »

Hi! this is my first time postig a message, i have been reading all of your comments about the circ. shrug, and im impressed , all the shrgs you have made are gorgeous , aaand im going to try mine, i hope to do it right sorry if my english is not perfect, im from mexico  but i'll do my best postig ok?
I have a question, if i knit the body in stockinete stitch, the number of stitches are the same if there were in mock rib??
Sorry if the question is so silly he he he.

p.s- i read  in english well.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wokeupafraud
it's always you in my big dreams

andrew mcmahonnnnn <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2005 11:15:16 AM »

Hi! this is my first time postig a message, i have been reading all of your comments about the circ. shrug, and im impressed , all the shrgs you have made are gorgeous , aaand im going to try mine, i hope to do it right sorry if my english is not perfect, im from mexico  but i'll do my best postig ok?
I have a question, if i knit the body in stockinete stitch, the number of stitches are the same if there were in mock rib??
Sorry if the question is so silly he he he.

p.s- i read  in english well.  Cheesy

you can use any stich you want inplace of the mock rib you just need to swatch
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so I guess we're back to us, oh cameraman
swing the focus. In case I lost my train of
thought, where was it that we last left off?
let's pick up, pick up

http://home.promosquad.com/referal.shtml?referer=_heartacheontv&band=62
princessliak
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2005 04:29:51 PM »

I finished it, I really really finished it!  I am quite happy with myself, even though I think I won't wear it that often.  More of a milestone in my knitting life - not a scarf, not a hat, not an armwarmer!!!  I haven't decided on a button as of yet though!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 02:06:29 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are so many ways to die without losing your life.

www.baskinginbliss.blogspot.com
www.lulu.com/content/292980
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Diane Von Furstenberg on Living Fully
Bob Hope: Entertainer of the Century
One Woman’s Dramatic and Divine Rescue from the Sex Industry
The Troubles of Johnny Cannon
Ann Redisch Stampler on the Book That Changed Her Life
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...