A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,069
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circular Shrug- created by keridana, julsey723, guessica, and others...  (Read 105276 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knittnkitten
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2006 04:17:53 PM »

I made one!

Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. Yummy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beetle
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2006 05:09:59 PM »

Oh this knitalong has gone cold and this is going to be my very first non scarf garment. I started a week and a half ago and I began mock ribbing last night. It all seems to be working despite the best efforts of a new puppy who came running in with it in his mouth during dinner a few days in and my stupid wool which keeps breaking. I bought 2 vintage brooches on the weekend for $15 at some markets so I'm all ready to go. Your shrug is gorgeous knittnkitten. It fits you exactly how I want mine to fit me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knottyknitpicks
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2006 08:03:15 PM »

that looks great knittnkitten!  how many skeins of DB Cashmerino did it take you? (and is it DB Cashmerino Aran?)

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittnkitten
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2006 05:18:38 AM »

Thanks Smiley Yes, it is Cashmerino Aran. I used just under five skeins. I probably could have gone a few inches more though and used up some more of the yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dory14ksmith
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2006 02:10:22 PM »

I love a good novel,
and after reading all the threads, I just couldn't put this one down!  I had to make my own ending (kitch) and put together my very own circular shrug....

a tryst with teal
Thanks everyone for posting your pictures and modifications!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 02:10:16 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

eraffert
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2006 07:25:24 AM »

dory14smith, I love it!!!
This looks fantastic!!! It is so great!!! Great job. How long did it take you?
THis is exactly how I would like mine to look, with the longer-than-cap sleeves, so could you be so kind as to tell me the measurements for your rib and mock rib section? Also, how much yarn did you end up using? What size needles?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dory14ksmith
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2006 04:00:25 PM »

Thanks for the compliment!  I'd love to share...

It took me about 1 1/2 weeks knitting evenings 1-2hrs...but it goes by pretty quickly-

I cast on 208 sts, for 2 reasons...
     1) I measured my back, added 4" for the extra 'sleeve' and multiplied for
         gauge
     2) I also wanted a number for the center panel that would be divisible by 8 for
         the diamond brocade pattern mentioned earlier in the thread
I used 3 skeins of about 300yds ea of Encore, an acrylic 75% wool 25% blend.  The only thing that I don't like about the yarn is that it is slightly springy/puffy. If I did it again, I think I'd use size 8 needles instead of the 9's that I used for a tighter fabric with more structure.

I knit the 2x2 rib for 7" the center panel for 18" and the 2nd 2x2 for 7".

also...I ended up stitching the edges together with my sewing machine...eliminating about 5" from either side of the ribbed edges and arcing the seam toward the center of the folded panel.  It creates a sleevey look without too much structure.

I hope this helps! I wear it all the time!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011 12:32:45 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

eraffert
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2006 10:15:33 AM »

Thanks, Dori!
I swatched last night, and measured my shoulders this morning, so I'm all ready to cast on this afternoon in my afternoon meeting. Thank goodness I have a job where I can knit during meetings!!! Only at the library!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juke315
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2006 10:21:17 AM »

Hi all!

I just stumbled across this knitting phenomenon yesterday and think I've now read every post on craftster and seen most of the pics on everyone's blog and webpages!  I can't wait to see how mine comes out! 
I CO last night and am now about an inch and half into the ribbing. 

Thanks everyone for posting the pattern, a the helpful suggestions and fabulous pics.  I hope to post a pic when I'm a little farther along. 

One question to the knitters on the board who have tried this already:  have any of you thought about replacing the mock rib section with more of the k2,p2 ribbing after you've reduced the stitches by half?  It seems like it would help make the final product a little stretchy and then the sleeves could stretch as well.  I'm not sure I have the patience for the mock ribbing. 

Jen
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006 03:32:23 PM by juke315 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sosidegal
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2006 09:06:21 AM »

Love the pics everyone.  Congrats!!!  they all look great. You are all making my to do list much longer.  I don't think i will ever get caught up now Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brook Smiley
check me out at http://sosidegal.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Low Ponytail with an Extreme Side Part
3 Simple Tricks to Hide Your Roots
Great Homecoming Hair Styles For Cheap
How to Add Vintage Glamour to Long Hair
Beauty Field Test: Fake Bangs for the Noncommittal
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...