A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 306,426
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Suggestions for wall hanging?  (Read 856 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kmfishburn

Soon to be out of Nursing School Exile!!!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 15, 2005 11:21:19 PM »

I am currently redoing my daughter's room (she's going from a crib to a big girl bed) and I decided to make a picture to hang on the wall. I bought some foam board, tempera paint and a few sponges and painted what turned out to be a lovely picture that will match her new room decor perfectly.  The problem is that I don't want to frame it (hence the foam board), but when it dried, the foamboard became a bit curved.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can straighten it out and hang the foamboard without framing it? I welcome any suggestions.  Thanks! =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
re
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005 02:13:43 PM »

Buy 3m spray glue (its expensive, but the most amazingly useful glue) and spray it to a second foam board as a backing. its not really a liquid glue, and becomes permanent, and so it won't warp the foam board. I use alot of it through my work, and its also good for gluing posters to foam core/foam board, matt board, etc. matt board is heavier, thinner and more likely to warp, so I don't recommend using that as a back layer, but you might consider going to a hard ware/wood store liek home depot, and getting them to cut you down a piece of pressboard to your size, but I think foam board would be better. (easier and lighter to hang). a neat idea if you want a 'framed look' but no framing, buy the back piece in BLACK, or a dark colour, about an inch in diameter or more larger than you picture, then spray glue it on back, centered, so it looks like a frame.

The two of the boards together will be less likely to warp, unless you live in a super humid climate.  would also get duct tape, and make a giagantic "x" on the back to reinforce it from warping. (a neat trick that often works).

long live spray glue!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmfishburn

Soon to be out of Nursing School Exile!!!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005 10:07:12 PM »

THANKS!!!!! This has been a BIG help!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Barbie Doll
The Benefits of Using DNG in Lightroom
Rendering Previews in Lightroom
How to Draw an F22 Combat Aircraft
How to Draw Fanboy from Fanboy and Chum Chum
Latest Blog Articles
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap
The X-Files

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...