A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuffed felt monsters - Now with tutorial and pictures (fixed!)  (Read 145755 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pattern , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Darkest_Faerie
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2004 10:42:31 AM »

Pipu...you're amazing!!! Your creations are SO AWESOME!!! Cheesy  I wish I had an imagination like you!!! I still haven't thought of any good "monsters" to make these...but hopefully I will soon!...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-See my photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceylheureux/
-Visit my blog here: http://tinystarcreations.blogspot.com/
-Check out my zazzle site here:
http://www.zazzle.com/paper_airplane*
sugabeats
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2004 05:19:34 PM »

I really like your monster - so cute! Thanks for the tutorial too....I'm inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScarySockMonster
Loony Lunatic

Me So Scary

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2004 11:45:31 PM »

I was wondering if anybody used rice or beans to stuff theirs as of yet?  According to www.peg-legstudio.com, she uses rice and beans to fill them; and they turn out perfectly.  Then I though... they better turn out perfectly for $35 a creature.  Well, I'm going to go to the Dollar Store tomorrow for the felt (hopefully they have it) and then Aldi's for some rice (a discount supermarket with cheap rice.)  Hehehe.  I already have three drawn out, but I know for a fact that I can't use one of them because of WAYYY too small of arms.  That's my big mistake... too small of limbs.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message posting may be confidential, and if you use it in anyway that I do not see fit; you may be hunted for.  Other than that, have a nice day!  Wink
Darkest_Faerie
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2004 02:07:20 PM »

Yeah I made the mistake with the too small of limbs...I was going to make a really awesome spider and then realized (after i drew out the pattern) That it was too small... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-See my photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceylheureux/
-Visit my blog here: http://tinystarcreations.blogspot.com/
-Check out my zazzle site here:
http://www.zazzle.com/paper_airplane*
Hanabi
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2004 06:43:39 AM »

Hey ScarySockMonster I have made critters with plastic bead things before and they worked fine. I bought them at a craft shop. I made a little alien toy using a combo of stuffing and plastics beads that turned out great too.

I have a book that's all about making beanie creatures and they recommend that you use a calico (or other fabric) lining to make sure that you cretaure is safe...but given that mine wasn't for a baby or a young kid I didn't bother...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nina
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2004 01:06:02 AM »

Hi all!

I tried once a long time ago to stuff with rice and it works very nice, giving a great consistency to your creature. The only risk (but a big one) is that rice or seeds could over time turn bad and grow insects... yuck!
I read somewhere that if you put also inside the sutffing one of those little plastic bags with anti humidity (those you find inside the box when you buy electric equipment or cameras..) this should not happen but I never tried.

Probably, small plastic pellets are the safest way to go!

I have a book that's all about making beanie creatures
hey Hanabi, what book is that? Do you think it's available on amazon?

nina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2004 06:20:17 AM »

the little things in the anti-humidity packets are silica gel crystals.  Sometimes they come with athletic shoes, too.  and you can now buy cat litter that is just a bunch of them either in 'pearl' (round balls) or 'crystal' (jagged random shapes) form.  It's kinda expensive for cat litter, but you could drop $8 and have a lifetime supply for crafting.  (Or maybe convince a cat owning friend to buy it and nab some).

Also - do a search on hot/cold bags or rice bags and you should find some threads about stuffing those microwaveable bags with rice and other grains - i think if you bake it for a while in the oven you'll be less likely to get bugs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hanabi
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2004 06:12:28 AM »

Nina the book is Bean Bag Buddies and it's by Nicki Wheeler. I bought it at a Japanese book shop (don't worry the book is all in English) so I am not sure if it's at Amazon. PM me if you want more details! I have a website for the publisher if you are really interested...

I made the alien out of it and it is very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpaceCraft
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2004 06:51:03 AM »

Hi all!

I tried once a long time ago to stuff with rice and it works very nice, giving a great consistency to your creature. The only risk (but a big one) is that rice or seeds could over time turn bad and grow insects... yuck!
I read somewhere that if you put also inside the sutffing one of those little plastic bags with anti humidity (those you find inside the box when you buy electric equipment or cameras..) this should not happen but I never tried.

Probably, small plastic pellets are the safest way to go!

I have a book that's all about making beanie creatures
hey Hanabi, what book is that? Do you think it's available on amazon?

nina
Nina the book is Bean Bag Buddies and it's by Nicki Wheeler. I bought it at a Japanese book shop (don't worry the book is all in English) so I am not sure if it's at Amazon. PM me if you want more details! I have a website for the publisher if you are really interested...

I made the alien out of it and it is very cute!

sorry about all this quoting!
found the book on amazon nina, think this is the one Hanabi is talking about:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0715309927/qid=1089121595/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-9014995-0347220?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Only 3 left apparently... they're all out in the UK amazon which is upsetting me lol
Laura xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hanabi
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2004 09:18:06 PM »

Hey Spacecraft good seraching! That most definitely is it! It's great I can recommend it! It has a few different types like more classic stuffed bears, tigers etc, flat creatures, bigger hanging type ones, wee little guys. I found the patterns to be easy to understand and I am not very good at following patterns and instructions! Plus there's templates for all the patterns include in the book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smell Gorgeous on the Go! Try This DIY Solid Perfume
Bella Thorne Is New Face of Neutrogena
How to Get The Maximum Beauty Sleep
Potential Ban on Microbead Exfoliators
5 Essential Makeup Brushes Everyone Should Own
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...