A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,590
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altiod Tin Mp3 Player Case  (Read 13357 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

broccolo
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2006 03:33:52 PM »

I love it! I got an iPod for my graduation a year ago- and I have yet to find a good hard sided case for it that does not cost a million dollars.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dollmark

mmmhmmmmm oh yeah penguins

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2006 11:42:15 PM »

what a great idea !! highly creative!  ....now if i could only get an ipod....then i could make one...my brother used to collect altoids cans
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hollow Shel
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2006 11:32:28 AM »

I was just thinking, I don't see any padding inside the tin. Is that just the angle, or did you choose not to bother? I know I've put padding in little tins I've used for odds and ends (just to make them quieter, things rattle so much otherwise!) All I do is cut craft foam to size and use double-sided tape to stick it down. Admittedly that would make the inside a little bit smaller, so if things are really tight inside you can't do it (though you might be able to put a strip around the side, but leave the lid/bottom bare) Fitting the foam is a bit fiddly, part of why I did the tape, I didn't have to peel it off til I was ready, and I'd checked the fit a half dozen times. (don't cut the bottom liner too big! I have one where I did that and it continues to 'buckle' upwards unless something's in the tin to stop it. Doesn't ruin it, just makes it look kinda funny that's all. Similarly, I learned the hard way to cut the lid foam to fit INSIDE the mouth of the bottom half, and make sure you apply it so that it doesn't stop the lid from closing. I had to trim one with an exacto after applying it to the lid before I got the hang of it)

Edit: I was bouncing around sites and just remembered www.mcphee.com has some cool products in neat tins (death mints, pirate bandages, etc). Search their site for "tins" and you'll get some chaff, but also some cool things ("black cat pocket tins" are cool for the retro advertising printed on them).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006 11:53:50 AM by Hollow Shel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive...

Bringing sexy back for a refund. It really just wasn't "me".
roskate

Let the Punks Get Crunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2006 06:16:06 PM »

I was just thinking, I don't see any padding inside the tin. Is that just the angle, or did you choose not to bother?

sorry it took me long to answer

but yea i lined it with felt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Poison_Candy777
I just full on Swayzed that mother-

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2006 12:20:16 AM »

This is the coolest Idea i have seen! I wonder if it would fit a video Ipod? hmm you are very creative...kudos to you! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roskate

Let the Punks Get Crunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2006 05:57:15 PM »

This is the coolest Idea i have seen! I wonder if it would fit a video Ipod? hmm you are very creative...kudos to you! Cheesy

thx! ^_^ and i'm pretty sure it won't sorry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mikknits
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2007 09:11:50 PM »

So glad I found this project here.  My boys want me to make one for each of them now.  I guess I'll have to buy more Altoids.  Shucks!  Since I haven't posted much here, you'll have to see pictures on my blog www.mikknits.blogsp ot.com.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David Mas Masumoto Talks About Wisdom of the Last Farmer
Leila Sales Talks About Mostly Good Girls
Chuck Hogan Talks About The Town
Meet Author Annabel Karmel
Elizabeth Scott Talks About The Unwritten Rule
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...