A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 307,988
Currently Running With Scissors:
249 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Memory Wire Choker - New Pics 12/29/05  (Read 6574 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

APrettyRock
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2006 11:55:38 AM »

I checked out your website and it's awesome.... I love some of the stuff you have made... I've been wanting to go to college for fashion design and some of that stuff kind of inspired me i guess to not only do clothing...

Thanks! That's a great compliment. Smiley *blush*

I'd love to go to a fashion college sometime myself, however, I picked computers so I have to make my money back first. Wink Not to mention, have a baby sometime, pay for this house, etc...all that adult stuff. :/ lol

A second degree may be something I just think about...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lhackett
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2006 06:25:22 PM »

Do you usually measure your memory wire around your own neck? I never know how long to make the necklaces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Lindsay is equipped with some very nice options." -googlism.com

www.myspace.com/idonthaveatattoo
www.wists.com/lhackett
APrettyRock
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2006 07:06:32 PM »

Do you usually measure your memory wire around your own neck? I never know how long to make the necklaces.

Not everyone's neck is the same and since stones don't always lay the same for everyone, depending on their circumference, I tend to overlap the memory wire by half a loop. Not only do you ensure a "one-size-fits-all" measurement, you also give people the feeling of security when wearing the necklace because the ends overlap behind their neck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetjaime
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2006 12:15:50 PM »

Just wondering how you set teh lighting up for when you take your pics ? It always looks so perfectly natural!

Thanks! I use a homemade light box (read: rubbermaid tin). I have two lights on top and one light coming in from the side to cast a longer shadow. And most importantly, I use daylight bulbs. Makes so much of a difference.

i dont suppose there is anyway you could take a pic o your light box ? I was reading about making one but im not sure ifim completely understanding the idea behind it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

APrettyRock
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2006 07:36:06 PM »

i dont suppose there is anyway you could take a pic o your light box ? I was reading about making one but im not sure ifim completely understanding the idea behind it...

Of course! Here is my lightbox:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetjaime
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2006 07:21:35 PM »

Awesome thank you soooooo much! I am gonna pick up some daylight bulbs after work tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetjaime
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2006 07:41:59 PM »

OK so i made myself a lightbox, and im havnig super difficulty getting the background to be completely white. I accidently bought a clear rubbermaid bin thinking thats what i saw inthe pic, so i will have to find a white one like yours... could that be my problem ?  hmmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

APrettyRock
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2006 08:47:12 PM »

Try some interface around the container. I failed to mention that. Sorry. Sad Also, you will still need to do some manipulation in an image editing program...especially if you take your pictures on a white background.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Placemat Shoulder Purse
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...