A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,732
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alice in wonderland wedding  (Read 13761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rumrasin033003
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005 02:07:50 AM »

What a wonderful wedding theme! What if the groomsmen wore playing card shirts, like if you are doing the tux thing they could have shirts underneath that are embellished to look like playing cards. These could be done on the cheap, which I don't know about you, but that sort of thing was important to us when we were planning the wedding. and you could do the food in all sorts of intresting shapes related to Alice in wonderland. Ring pillow shaped like the Cheshire cat head? OK, I LOVE the idea about the ring bearer as the white rabbit, so a ring pillow shaped like a HUGE pocket watch?
Even table linens could be made to look like huge playing cards... just use fuseable webbing and felt!  Decks of cards as favors? Wow, I know this will be beautiful!!!  OH! you could take two playing cards, glue them together with florist wire in between, and stick them in your bouquet!

Best Wishes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lucrecia42
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005 09:00:09 AM »

For favors maybe you could give out cheap, tall felt hats with a size card still on them and bunny and mouse ears.  That way, each table would be like a mini tea party.

Congratulations!

-Lucrecia42
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005 10:52:52 AM »

I love the idea of each table being a tea party! You could just get a bunch of thrift store mugs and cups and teapots and dishes for sooo much cheaper than a rental place, and it would look great! I don't know where you're having a reception, but if you have to rent chairs this way you could also just borrow bunch of different one from family/friends and this mis-matchedness would still be your theme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
NJcrafter
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005 07:28:52 PM »

omg i cant wait to seriously start planning.  i think my dress is gonna be white and im gonna buy big red roses and sew them on
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaparty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005 09:38:18 AM »

Buy a few matching white ones and then paint them half red. A little drippy maybe like the cards had to do in the queen's garden.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005 07:58:43 PM »

If you want to 'go to the source' the British Library has put up a high-res copy of the orignal Alice In Wonderland, written and illustrated by Lewis Carroll !!!

http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/ttp/ttpbooks.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
teaparty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005 09:45:06 PM »

Wow. I just spend about an hour at that site looking at the books. How incredibly awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NJcrafter
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005 01:11:00 PM »

for groomsman gifts we are gonna get pocket watches engraved.  any ideas for a bridesmaids gift keeping wit the alice theme.  Also Place cards are gonna be playing cards folded in half then im gonna cut a slit in the center and place a card with their name on it in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005 02:45:07 PM »

I just saw that and thought of this thread.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
Qwerty
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005 02:51:53 PM »

*gasp* that can't possibly be a REAL cake? and if it was how could anyone cut into and eat it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What are some things I should look for when choosing a digital camera?
Will a digital camera make picture taking easier?
What is the difference between film and digital cameras?
How to Light Eyes Properly in a Movie or Photo
How to Take Better Pictures Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...