A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Tiny Thing Swap Gallery  (Read 29178 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2005 07:07:14 AM »

cortag04, that sounds really awesome!  I've got a few altoids tins lying around and haven't a clue as to why I kept them.  I think I just found an answer Smiley  Hopefully, Radioactive took pictures of the item...because I really wanna see it!!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2005 07:12:58 AM »

Grr I wanna recieve..stupid international post..

Okay...it's down to nushybum and moi!  I am getting really excited to see starpiste's handiwork (she has not given me any indication about what she made...*pout*).  I love surprises but I'm gettin' antsy  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
CraftyZary
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2005 09:29:27 AM »

OMG! loves2experiment, your tiny set of stitch makers is A-MA-ZING!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked  So beautiful all of them but I am especially in love with the cuteness of the mini crochet hook, it looks so perfect and is amazing!

and starpiste, it is amazing to see your crochet attempt with the tiny hook, incredible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starpiste
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2005 01:00:17 PM »

Thanks for the compliments everyone on the crochet attempts. Fidget, I'd love the tiny hooks! I'll PM you next.

Loves2...a hint is that your item involves red. I really hope it gets to you soon. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2005 01:16:46 PM »

That little crochet hook - WOW.
I made something similar last winter.  It's a brooch, made from toothpicks, beads, single-ply yarn, and a safety pin - really low-tech.  I glued the stitches on the needle so they wouldn't slip off.

EDIT: Forgot to add - it was hard for me to knit with the toothpicks because they weren't smooth, so instead I used the smallest needles I had, then slipped the stitches from the needles to the toothpick.  Much, much quicker that way!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005 01:37:36 PM by ax174 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

abandonedcouch
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2005 01:21:09 PM »

i've loved admiring everybody's tiny little pretty things...i've been lurking in this thread for a while. i've wanted to do a swap for ages, but have put it off because i am as flaky as a croissant. but perhaps i could handle one tiny thing...

one other thing i have to mention: what is this i hear about playdoh scented oil? where can i find such a thing? i ask because *blush* thisreallycuteboyih aveabigolecrushon made a remark the other day that they should have playdoh scented perfume, and if he ever came across a girl that smelled like playdoh he'd never let her go. this boy can knit and sew and do cross-stitch...he's an absolute catch if i've ever seen one.

and EEEE, that little knitted brooch is so cute! *steals*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Signatures are for sissies.
Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2005 04:42:30 PM »

ax174, your little knitting project brooch is so cute!  Even if you didn't actually knit on the toothpicks (which I believe you could have done had they been smooth enough), I'm in awe of the fact you had real needles tiny enough to make the project and can successfully use them.  Craftsters are so amazing!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005 06:34:01 PM by Fidget » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2005 05:53:33 PM »

Loves2...a hint is that your item involves red. I really hope it gets to you soon. 

starpiste, it's really naughty of you to tell me the item is red...it just makes me more curious (and impatient)!  I would have hounded you for more hints if I didn't find an envelope with a Canadian stamp in my mailbox this evening!  Hell yeah!  Your tiny treasure is perfect!  A tiny notebook...done in vivid red and black.  I love that you added inspirational quotes on some of the pages Wink  The envelope style closure is definitely a good feature to have (I'd know that because my current notebook is in a pitiful state).  I'll definitely put the tiny notebook to use...actually, I've already put it in my purse!

EDIT:

I'm such a dork  Roll Eyes  I was so focused on getting the message posted that I forgot to include the picture.  Bah.  Here's the tiny treasure I received from starpiste!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2005 05:58:03 PM by loves2experiment » THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
Writer78
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2005 06:17:08 PM »

wahoo!!  Have I ever mentioned that I love tiny notebooks, too?   Wink  *waving at CraftyZary - I wrote in my tiny journal for the first time this weekend!*

GREAT JOB, Starpiste!

Once The Meow Wont Purr's item reaches Nushybum, we'll officially put this in the "all done" category.  Thanks to everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2005 06:25:58 PM »

OMG! loves2experiment, your tiny set of stitch makers is A-MA-ZING!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked  So beautiful all of them but I am especially in love with the cuteness of the mini crochet hook, it looks so perfect and is amazing!

Thanks for the compliments, CraftyZary Smiley  Here are more pictures if you're interested...

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=60539.msg572649#msg572649

ax174, I love the tiny knitting needles!  I think it's great that you managed to knit a swatch (I know, I know...you used regular needles) and hook it up to your tiny knitting needles.  I've gotta try that sometime Smiley

abandonedcouch, I purchased the play-doh fragrance oil blend online several years ago.  Under proper storage, it has held up remarkably well.  It's not really meant for direct application on skin (Fidget and princessandthebead...are you reading this disclaimer?!?) but for use in blending personal care products. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
World Press Photo: Selection Process
Fashion and Beauty Photography Techniques
How to Create Ringflash Style Portraits on a Budget
How to Master High Key and Low Key Lighting for Fashion Photography
Sony Cybershot DSC-TX7 Digital Camera Review
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...