A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 298,239
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Tiny Thing Swap Gallery  (Read 30501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2005 08:17:14 PM »

I would consider a tiny chain a big accomplishment!   Cheesy  If you can run it and make another row, you will become a legend in Crochet-dom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
starpiste
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2005 08:23:35 PM »

I totally want to try it now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2005 08:36:45 PM »

Warning:  This is a wordy post.

Goodgrief.  I missed out on these posts while I was out shopping this evening.  In case anyone cares, my shopping spree was fantabulous!

Thank you for the effort, Loves2!  The Post Awful is sometimes hard to take.  I like going late at night to the 24/7 one out by the airport; those are some laid back postal folks!  Whenever you get it mailed in the appropriate small size envelope is just peachy keen!  You are so very cool!!

The story gets better.  I got home this evening and was looking for something in my garage.  Didn't find what I needed, but I came across a huge bag of bubble wrap and cushioned mailers?!?  There's gotta be at least a dozen cushion mailers in the bag.  Goodgrief.  Well, I guess I'm off to the post office in the morning Wink

Not to much post office bashing girls...they finally delivered the wonderful stitch markers loves2 made for me. I kind of think she may have broken some of the swap rules but I don't think we should hold it against her - I'm not going to. I also have to start a new project to use them - perfect motivation.

One is a mini crochet hook through a mini ball of yarn.
The second bunch os silver wire and blue beads.
The third bunch is extra special. She made some mini-Rothko inspired paintings! They are so amazing! His works are some of my favorite ever and it makes me so happy just looking at these mini versions.

Yay!  I'm gonna kiss the next postal worked I see!  I don't think I broke the swap rules *pout*  I did send one tiny thing...er, one tiny set of crochet stitch markers! Wink  I am chuffed that you like them.  The Rothko ones were fun to do, but I had to stop after the 6th one because I was gettin' a tad high on the varnish fumes, lol.  I left the crochet hook free in case you decided to use it Cheesy  The beads and wire thing was just something I had fun with. 

Starpiste, big round of applause for Canadian postal service for getting those fabulous stitch markers to you!  Those are gorgeous, Loves2Experiment!   Shocked  The tiny crochet hook is incredible.   And stitch markers or not, I want to wear the blue beaded ones as earrings!   Roll Eyes

Thanks for the compliments, Fidget Smiley  You seem to have a unhealthy obsession passion for earrings Wink 

that mini crochet hook/yarn ball was the sneak preview I got.  can you see why I freaked out??  I love it!

So, you're not too annoyed with me for making a baker's dozen of crochet markers?  I honestly tried hard to follow the rules *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2014
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2005 08:44:08 PM »

I totally want to try it now!

starpiste, if you make an attempt, I hope you'll post pictures of the crocheted item!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2014
starpiste
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2005 08:55:59 PM »

I definately think we can say you stayed within the rules becasue you made me one set of items. Also, I think I'd wear the rothko one as earrings. I was wondering how you made them because they're transluscent but the colours are still bright.

And here are pictures of my attempt. You also get a good idea of the tiny-ness:

It actually wasn't that hard. It's like doing really fine lacework. The hard part is that you hardly have anything to hold onto so my right hand got all cramped up. I won't be switching to this length but I kind of feel like I should do lacework with tiny guage hooks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2005 09:13:12 PM »

*gasp*  Holy crap!  You did it!  You rock Smiley  I had fun fabricating the crochet hook from a wooden tooth pick.  Obviously, I had to trim it down to size in order to match the size of the mini ball of yarn.  I guess you could make another one with a longer handle so that your hand won't cramp up Wink

As for the Rothko ones, I sanded the surfaces of clear sheets of shrinky dinks and I used coloured pencils to draw and colour the images.  They would be great as earrings since I used lever-back earring thingies to make the crochet stitch markers.  Don't be tellin' that to Writer78 though, or she'll reckon that I sent you TWO tiny things - crochet stitch markers AND earrings!  Roll Eyes   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2014
Writer78
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2005 04:40:31 AM »

Everyone's doing SO great!!  We have three more packages to arrive, and then this one can officially go in the "completely finished swaps" section.  Thanks to everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2005 10:51:19 AM »

And here are pictures of my attempt. You also get a good idea of the tiny-ness:
(...imagine picture of tiny crochet...)
It actually wasn't that hard. It's like doing really fine lacework. The hard part is that you hardly have anything to hold onto so my right hand got all cramped up. I won't be switching to this length but I kind of feel like I should do lacework with tiny guage hooks.
I bow to your crochet goddessness, Starpiste!  That is incredible (at least in my book).  Please IM your address to me and I'll send you two hooks I am incapable of using: US 7/1.5mm and US6/1.80mm (both are metal).  It seems a US 3/2.1mm is the smallest I have a prayer of using.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005 01:24:57 PM by Fidget » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
cortag04
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2005 12:08:29 PM »

I haven't gotten my partner's yet, I'll let ya'll know when I do. I'm so exicted to see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cortag04
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2005 06:41:47 AM »

I don't have a camera, but Radioactive made me a very cool candle holder. She took an altoids tin and glued it shut and used clay to make a flower on top and the hole in the middle of the flower is where the skinny taper candle goes, which she sent with it. Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Painter Marta Sanchez
Meet Glass Calligraphist Hayat Gul
Meet Muralist Michelle Ortiz
Making a Mural with Michelle Ortiz
Meet Young Manga Artist Lilly Cernak
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...