A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: skirt from mens button down shirts  (Read 33965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stikgirl
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004 08:59:12 AM »

I love this idea.  You look great in the skirt and it has just the right amount of drape to it.  It hangs beautifully!

Good job!
Michelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GWENEVERE
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004 03:56:03 PM »

hey great idea i always see great men's dress shirts at the thrift stores....those great seventies-sixitys shirts.......actually you could use women's also! i was wondering if you put in a zipper or a button in the back ? so you can get out and in with ease? Huh    gwenevere
THIS ROCKS   Logged
speeedkills
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2004 07:33:13 PM »

hey great idea i always see great men's dress shirts at the thrift stores....those great seventies-sixitys shirts.......actually you could use women's also! i was wondering if you put in a zipper or a button in the back ? so you can get out and in with ease? Huh    gwenevere

yea u could use womens too but i have a "thing" for mens button downs i dunno why!
i left one of the button openings in the waist band open and sewed the rest shut.  The one I left un-sewn i put in a couple of hooks and eyes....i was too lazy to do a zipper.  You can do pretty much anything you want!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crunchycrafter
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2004 06:53:17 PM »

This skirt is genious! Thanks so much for posting the directions and the finished project...I went right out and got two shirts at the thrift store and voila! Now I have my very own cutie little skirt!  Smiley

I'm trying to decide what to do with the leftover shirt part...I was thinking maybe some bandanas for working in the yard this summer, or for my dogs.  Anyway, thanks again for a GREAT idea!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ModernDayDauphine
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2004 09:31:23 PM »

ive been looking around this site for a few months but this is the first thing ive seen that i MUST reply to.  This skirt is adorable and it looks great on you.  Im making one and i want to add a lace trim to the bottom...what do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftpunk
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004 05:47:08 AM »

Just a thought, for any of the more zaftig craftsters out there, and particularly for my Amazonian self, I'm thinking more than 4 sleeves would be neccessary.  Or at least use larger shirts to start with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.rebound-designs.com 
Handcrafted Bling
dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004 11:26:17 AM »

wow thanks for the tute my daughters busily destroying her dads and her brothers dress shirts ( like they ever wear them )..Dad says gee Amy I have a shirt just like your skirt, what a coincidence..hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
subliminalpolka
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2004 08:43:42 AM »

That skirt rocks!  (And it looks fab on you, btw.)

Thanks for the detailed tutorial.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lambaste
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2004 03:51:42 PM »

That is such an awesome idea! Thanks for the tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoHollywood
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2004 12:59:13 PM »

Such, such, such a good idea. I'm going to do something like it tonight... but I'm hoping to make it look like this(generally speaking, I just want the pleated part and top band to be similar to this.):

We'll see how it turns out, thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Erin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew Machine Buttonholes
How to Use Quilting Cotton in Sewing Projects
How to Use Jersey in Sewing Projects
How to Sew an Elastic Waistband
How to Sew an Overlock Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...