A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
773 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The green ribbon girl [now with pictures]  (Read 3064 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ilovemystarbursts
« on: October 10, 2005 04:21:37 PM »

I want to be the girl from the green ribbon but i have no clue what to wear besides a green ribbon. Can anyone help?

If anyone wants here is a a basic gist of the story

one day a little girl was sitting a bench in her play ground minding her own business. A few minutes later a boy came up to her and he said "why do you were that green ribbon around you neck all the time." the little girl said " you will find out later in life. A few years later when the two children were in high school the girl was sitting on a bench at her prom. the same thing happened when they were kids and the girl said you will find out later in life. so a few years past by and the two teens got married and the same thing happened but the girl said you will find out when i am in my death bed old and sick. the boy said "OK". time past and the girl was very sick and she told the boy to take off her ribbon. the boy was very nervous but he said OK. when he took off the green ribbon the girl's head rolled off. the little boy was so scared he had a heart attack......the end

Yeah it's been like 50 years scince Halloween but i thought you guys might want to see what i did. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/ilovemystarbursts/DSCF9077.jpg
It's kinda hard to see but it's the only picture i have even though i dressed up like 5 times. (and it's not even mine lol) anyway i'm sure that this is so old no one cares but i finally did it and that's what counts

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011 08:32:55 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ubercraftygal

and i swear, in that moment, we were infinite.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005 04:24:40 PM »

maybe you could make a mock up of the dress found here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=15736.0

and you could also take a black face paint crayon and make tick marks all the way around your neck like this:

| | | | | | | | | | | |

so that when you tie the ribbon around it, it kinda looks frankenstein-esque... like this:

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
you know what i mean?

i hope so! enjoy.

-lauren-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005 04:34:07 PM »

you might want to print out copies of the story for people who haven't heard it, so you don't have to keep telling it over and over when people ask what you are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
Ilovemystarbursts
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005 04:41:47 PM »

ubercraftygal  that's a great idea but i want to be more scary Thanks for the idea!
skye691  That's also a great idea but seeing as I'll be going to a small 10 person party i don't think I'll need it ( i might just do it anyway for fun  Grin )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mableheartscharlie
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005 06:43:40 PM »

I LOVE that story!!! i think that a vintage (40's ish) dress would work best because it's kinda an old wives tale, the whole book (in a dark dark room) all the stories are kinda like old school stories... you know? i think that you could really wear anything and just keep telling people when they ask about the ribbon say 'i'll tell you when the time is right" and even if people don't know the story it'll totally be a mind trip for them... Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm one crafty bitch.
Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005 06:48:25 PM »

ooh, We have this lovely green velvet dress that would work well for that. I would think anything old looking, unless you wanted to go for a modern twist. Some basic style of dress may work well, anything that would show off your neck. I would put my hair in a bun, as well. Some dark color would look good, like green, purple, or black, but thats just how I imagine her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetnsoureek
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005 06:49:43 PM »

I love that story but none of my friend seem to remeber it. I would say have a ribbon and a dark green dress..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ilovemystarbursts
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005 06:32:04 AM »

thank you all for you ideas. i really like your idea, Mableheartscharlie . i like the idea of wearing a more vintage dress.I have no clue what I'm going to do with my hair though. ( have long hair so i don't want to curl it. maybe I'll put it up in a bun)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006 07:00:05 AM by Ilovemystarbursts » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamagotchi
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005 07:39:47 AM »

maybe you could make a kind of "severed" line all around your neck using costume makeup.  then tie the ribbon over it and untie periodically to scare the crap out of people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
Mableheartscharlie
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005 11:05:41 AM »

that dress would be perfect! (maybe not those colours though i think it'll clash with the green) as for the whole scarred neck thing i dunno (no offense to anyone) that idea doesn't work for me because the whole point of the story is that her head falls off you know? i'm sure her life would of been easier if she just sewed it together  Tongue but i digress what i think would be a really great idea is if you had a really long ribbon that you wrapped around your neck and when you unwrapped it the closer you got to the end it would get more and more bloody.. like start with a few drops after it gets unraveled twice and then when it's almost completely off have it drenched in (fake) blood i think that kinda stays truer to the story  (well the ribbon wasn't bloodied but you know it gives the suggestion that your head is not attached to your body... ish) hahah i hope that helps oh and if you wanna be silly about it at the end of the night you could take it off for everybody  and watch there faces as it looks more and more like your are bleeding and then once it comes off have like 'happy halloween' written in eyeliner or something on your neck just to be silly  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm one crafty bitch.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Halloween Costumes from Everyday Items
How to Make Reflective Wristbands for Halloween
How to Sculpt a Halloween Pumpkin
How to Make a Spooky Halloween Ghost Ornaments from Gauze
How to Make a Halloween Tablecloth
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...