A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: So you need a theme for your Halloween Party...  (Read 2672 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iHeartSquares

Eduardo scared of strangers!

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2005 11:04:51 AM »

So every year Halloween rolls around and I want to have a theme party. Halloween and costumes are really big in my family. However, I work in theater so I can't really ever have a party cause I work at night and on weekends.  So I am going to give all my Halloween party ideas to you craftsters in hopes that you have a fun time with them. 

1) Come as your favorite classic video game character. 
Costume ideas: Mario Brothers (toad, Princess, Yoshi, Bowzer, gumbas, the ghosts that only move if you aren't looking at them, etc.) , Sonic the Hedgehog, Linc and Zelda, pacman and his cronies, Paperboy, the Castlevania dude, frogger, Donkey Kong, duck hunt, etc.
Music ideas: collect or download the soundtracks to videogames.  You must have the classics like the Mario theme, Bowser theme, and the orchestrated Zelda theme.  Oh and System of a Down wrote lyrics to the Zelda theme which are totally awesome too!
Decoration Ideas: decorate your trashcan like a green pipe, hide gold coins all over your house, label the drinks as life potion, set up a classic Nintendo, Sega, or Atari to a tv in the living room.

2) Come as your favorite 80s teen movie character.
Costume Ideas: I am sure there would be a million Duckys, but anyone from the Breakfast club (I would be Ally Sheedys character, pre-makeover), Pretty in Pink (Molly Ringwald in the hideous pink dress), Better Off Dead, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Buller, Weird Science, St. Elmos Fire, One Crazy Summer, Say Anything.
Music Ideas: The hit singles from all the movies above and other great 80s dance tunes.
Decoration ideas: High school prom.  Or just a high school in general. Have the movies playing on a tv on mute, everyone knows all the words anyway.

3) Quentin Tarantino theme party. (I know it was done on Gilmore girls, but I had the idea before them, I swear!)
Costume ideas: anyone from Kill Bill, Jackie Brown, Dusk till Dawn, Pulp fiction, Reservoir Dogs.
Music: Soundtracks to movies above
Decorations: lots of blood, and food from Burger King (must have a Royale with cheese and Le Big-Mac)

4) Mad Hatters Mad Tea Party. (I actually had this one in High School many moons ago. I was the Mad Hatter)
Costume ideas: Alice, caterpillar, Cheshire Cat, March Hare, Queen of Hearts, Playing cards, tweedldee, tweedldum, white rabbit, dormouse, crazy flowers, walrus, carpenter,  etc.
Decorations: tea (spiked perhaps;) ), crumpets and other tea party food, things that say drink me and eat me. Playing card garland, mirrors.

4) Zombie party.
Costume ideas: Be regular everyday people, but in zombie form. For example, zombie postman, zombie cop, zombie teacher, zombie hair stylist, zombie doctor, zombie girlscout, zombie bus driver, zombie Dunkin Donuts employee.

5) come as your favorite rock star.
Costume ideas: David Bowie, Bjork, Kurt Cobain, Mick Jaggar, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Marley, Jim Morrison, Pat Benetar, Courtney Love, Lisa Loeb.
Music: find out who people are coming as in advance and make a mix of those artists biggest hits.

And the random theme list:
Favorite sci-fi character.
Alfred Hitcock theme
Favorite Deity
Favorite movie bad guy
Favorite comic book character

Ok thats all I can think of right now, but if anyone else has some awesome Halloween party theme ideas that they have had bouncing around in their heads for years, post them here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafters have a neverending list of procrastination possibilities...
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005 11:17:05 AM »

I went to a Dead Celebrities party once, that was really good.  Rockabilly Zombies from Hell would be fun...I also went to a party once where about 30 people came as a herd of cows. It was hilarious, not sure if it helps with the theme though? You could also do a color theme ("everyone wear purple" or something)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006 02:21:30 PM »

All right. I just found this and can't resist resurrecting it, despite the fact that it's nowhere near Halloween. (Although I prefer Halloween parties to be theme-less, just "costume", and other parties - especially keggers - to be themed! )

So.
      1) Pirate Party. Everyone dresses as pirates, checks out their pirate names, put hidden treasures around the place (with treasure maps). I had this for my last birthday, and gave out piratical prizes for best costume and best "pirattitude".
      2) Bright and Tight Party. Basically, everyone comes wearing something bright and/or tight.
      3) Toga Party (I can't resist throwing this one in there)
      4) Hollywood Party. Dress as your favourite celebrity (no deadness required).
      5) S&M (outfit) party. My friends and I came up with this idea by accident... but I think it would be hilarious for everyone to show up in leather and dog collars, etc. Ha.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006 02:33:42 PM »

I agree...there are so few wrong occasions for a theme party... I've also been to a Great Gatsby party and a Russian Novel Christmas Party, both excellent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
masus
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006 09:52:25 PM »

im actually thinking of themes for my birthdays party, here are a few that have been thrown around:
-cheer leaders and footy stars
-Nursery Rhyme characters
-the seventies
-the eighties
-hippies
-dr + nurses + patients
-op shop glam
-Fav movie character
-(im at a school called smiths hill, my brother cam up with the idea) Smiths hill teacher
-side kicks (though i got kinda stuck at Robin and gabriell from xena...and the one from hercules)
-$10 party, where everyone has to buy their entire outfit for $10 or less
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Kim Kardashian’s Smoky Eye
DIY Oil Cleanse
Make It Easy: DIY Oil Cleanse
SELF Magazine’s Spring 2014 Beauty Update
This Trick Will Take the Redness Out of Your Pimple
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...