A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Use the swap feedback system!  (Read 887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2005 02:09:19 AM »

Just browsing around, I get the feeling that there are a lot of flakers where the only result on the feedback system is that it says "in progress" for ever. It never gets changed to "negative".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible to change it back from negative if the flaker follows through later on?
Maybe it should be underlined that this can be done, because maybe a bit too many people haven't heard from a flaker in maybe a month but is still unwilling to set negative feedback.

Feel free to comment on this, it was just an observation (which may ofcourse be wrong all together Roll Eyes )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005 07:31:45 AM »

If you mean a particular swap, I would contact the organizer and ask them to pick up the pace.
I always suggest that the organizer give the would-be flaker a deadline from their PM--say, a week--and if they do not respond by then, give them a negative. There's no reason to wait it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005 07:42:39 AM »

Some of those "in progress" notations may be from duplicate swap postings. For example, I was in the Day of the Dead swap. I have two postings from that swap. One says "positive" because my partner did receive, but the other still says "in progress" even though the swap ended long ago. Leah mentioned in a post somewhere that there was a small problem with duplicate posts and that they would be working to try and clean them all up, but I'm sure it's a huge job!

Anyway, my point is, if you see a long overdue "in progress" on someone's profile, you may want to check and see if that swap is double posted there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
pibbgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005 07:46:04 AM »

I think you are probably right in alot of cases, but there are other things that can happen to.  Like I have 8 "in progress" swaps in my profile and only 2 of them are actually unfinished.  And most of the finished "in progress" swaps have been finished for quite awhile.  As far as I can see there is really nothing to make an organizer go back and fill out feedback if they really don't want to.  Two of my "in progress" swaps are because of multiple feedbacks, but none of them are because I have flaked so I think that would be a wrong assumption to make.  If you have a question you should contact the organizer of that swap that says in progress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005 09:04:03 AM »

I tend to notice multiples, I meant more of the sort where the user in question hasn't posted a single message in maybe three months, and still the swaps say "in progress" even though the send-by-date was around the time of the persons last post.
If I was in the swap myself I'd probably make a hint or two about it atleast, but in other peoples swaps it just feels like butting in Roll Eyes
But I wanted to mention it since the feedback system is to protect future partners as well Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Carmen Styles Three Outfits For Summer!
Little Mix Exclusive Available For the iPad!
Beauty Haul: Beach Bag Must-Haves
AnnaSophia Robb Talks About Her Prom!
Christie Teaches You How to Sculpt Your Cheeks & Nose
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...