A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pinup Queen!  (Read 4249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

monkichee
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005 05:03:52 PM »

hi! wow, yours looks great! I am starting one in a very similar color -- a dusty pink in Classic Elite Lush. It took me forever to start this project because I waited for the yarn to be sold for a reasonable price on ebay. I think I got 10 skeins for $50.

So I have a question for you - I finished the back and the instructions for the neck were really confusing. You go from rib to working back and forth and I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a garter, or a stockinette. I went with stockinette, but he final product looks funky to me and there is no schematic provided in the book.

do you have any pictures of the sweater from the back? I would love to see how it's SUPPOSED to look so I'm not so anxious about moving to the rest of the project.

in any case, yours is beautiful and congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tamantha
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005 09:53:23 PM »

The back neck is worked in stockinette, and then sewn under. I'll take a photo a bit later and post it up here for you.

EDIT: Here's a picture of the back-

The stockinette bit at the back neck doesn't show anyway, so it doesn't matter if it looks a bit weird.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005 12:12:58 AM by Tamantha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005 06:59:10 PM »

I think that it looks sexy slipping off of your shoulders!   I like this much better on you then on the model in the book and I love your poses.   You should be in the next Debbie Stoller book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tamantha
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005 05:49:51 AM »

Aw, thanks!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rincaro
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005 05:55:27 AM »

It really looks awesome on you. I have some yarn in my basket waiting for that one. But I'm resisting casting on - I have so many WIP's it's scary.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fallonmyknife
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005 07:11:21 AM »

i love love love love love this. And, the color is awesome. i hope mine turns out just as radical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bijou_raoul
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005 12:13:46 PM »

I made this sweater a couple months ago in Patons Classic Merino in "peacock", a dark teal color.  As soon as I get my camera hooked up to my computer I'll be posting a pic on here.  Yours looks very nice, beautiful color and the neckline is flattering.  I was concerned that maybe my neckline came out too loose but it looks about like yours and I think it looks good that way.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tamantha
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005 10:26:17 PM »

Okay, the loosey-goosiness of the neckline started to bug me after a while (readjusting it on your shoulders for the twenty-fifth time that morning gets a bit annoying) so I crocheted a tight chain edging around the neckline, which both stabilised the neckline and added a decorative border! It did result in the fabric of the chest/bust area developing a number of soft 'pleats', but these actually look quite nice. It also sits much better on my frame with a sturdier neckline, so if others are having problems with the looseness of the neckline, I'd recommend that you do the same!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Double Dare: The Cat-Eye Goes Punk
Double Dare: V-Day Pink Makeup Goes Edgy
How to Create the Perfect Cat-Eye
4 Best Shimmering Bronzers
Double Dare: Smoky Eye
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...