A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Significant Other Swap  (Read 11352 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lv2ScrpBk
-~Alicia Ann~-

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005 01:32:48 PM »

Yay! First pictures, hopefully their will be more to come soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."<br /><br />"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Devine"
kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005 08:26:57 PM »

My Steven recieved his stuff from Lv2ScrpBk and he loves Smiley Took us a couple of days to get pics, what with being sick and busy! (I basically manhandled him into posing this morning.. lol).. Here we go:

Steven in his new shirt.. that he loves! And fits so perfectly! Now I get to walk alongside! Smiley hehe
(excuse the face.. lol he was tryna smile, but it was first thing in the morning)

Clockwise:
Blank cards and envelopes for when he forgets bdays etc (thats gonna come in handy Smiley ).. Shown with marble magnets and a special ScubaSteve magnet! (whats this made of hun?)
A pin up girl silhoutte mousepad (omg.. I photoed it upside down.. everyone turn their heads! lol sorry)
A stubbie holder (thats what we call them here anyway?) Soon as he opened his package, he put that on the coke he was drinking!
A soft toy football (the boys have all been throwing this around.. luckily I have yet to be hit in the head..)
Cool football themed picks and swizel sticks  and finally.. a decorated altoid tin!

Thank you so much  Lv2ScrpBk Smiley You're the greatest!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 06:31:45 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
craftykate
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005 02:43:08 PM »

I feel so totally guilty because my sweetie received the most amazing package on Saturday and I sent late. I got stuck at the hospital, where I work, late both Thursday and Friday, then a friend's partner ended up in the hospital so I drove two hours to their place to keep an eye on their son.  I plan to send a little extra package to my partner, our amazing organizer, to make up for sending late. Sorry Lv2ScrpBk.

Here's the awesome stuff my guy Steve received from Qwerty.

First glance into the box. It's a place mat with home star runner characters on it!

There are two placemats. one says "hey stupid I brought you this stuff, I mean, I brought you this veggie burger." Which is something Steve started saying to me because I'm a vegetarian. The other says, "Naw it can't be heaven, there's not enough twinkies."

Teen Girl Squad!! embroidered pillow.

Mugs

Least attractive picture I've ever taken of him, stuffing his face with the gummy bears that were in the, the cheat candy jar.

The coolest of all, a giant felt the cheat!

Shot of everything. stuff not pictured individually- the cheat candy jar, homestar and strongbad magnets

Sorry for the huge number of pictures, but my partner was so amazing. Steve loved all of it. He's looking to buy his first house so I suggested something housewares and let Qwerty know he loves home star. She did such a good job. For anyone who doesn't know this stuff is all from a web cartoon. It's hysterical. Check it out.  www.homestarrunner.com

Everybody to the limit!!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005 03:42:20 PM by craftykate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
Qwerty
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005 02:52:43 PM »

yay! i'm so glad he likes everything! it is so nice to see pics of him enjoying! thanks for all the photos, better than the ones i took! i hope he can use all of it in his new place.

oh, and i'm glad none of the fragile items broke on the way there. the teen girl squad and the cheat protected them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykate
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2005 02:59:20 PM »

He freaked out. It was so cute. He immediately called his friend Eliza and left her the looniest message. "Eliza! it's Steve. Katie did the coolest thing, you know how she's allways knitting and stuff? well she did this craft swap and it was for me! I got a big cheat and teen girl squad pillow, and... well maybe you should just call me back because this message is going to make no sense. um, yeah, bye"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
ohmyword
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005 03:12:38 PM »

Oh wow.. I didn't even realize there was a gallery yet!  It seems I'm behind!  I can't wait for hubby to recieve his package so that we can show pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy

I do personal swaps.
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005 03:31:22 PM »

quote author=craftykate link=topic=57408.msg564143#msg564143 date=1130104760]
He freaked out. It was so cute. He immediately called his friend Eliza and left her the looniest message. "Eliza! it's Steve. Katie did the coolest thing, you know how she's allways knitting and stuff? well she did this craft swap and it was for me! I got a big cheat and teen girl squad pillow, and... well maybe you should just call me back because this message is going to make no sense. um, yeah, bye"
[/quote]

Hahaha that's so cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
colie
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005 06:05:07 PM »

Alright, so I figured I can at least have the satisfaction of showing you guys what I made.

He was very into biking, so i made a  biking themed notebook made with a cover from a 10 cent book from the thrift store. I drew the bike on the cover, but the embossing of the authors name was already on there.

and this is the inside cover.

I made a few vegetarian themed magnets, because it only seems natural to advertise a pro-veggie stance on the refrigerator.

And these are little tofu stuffies, which I thought might be good for juggling or something.

and an embroidered message on their backsides.

I made some bike related patches.

And since he hated tv, I made a t-shirt that says "Kill your TV" in red letters, and shows the tv getting thrown from a window.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Qwerty
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005 06:06:27 PM »

i want those tofu stuffies!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005 10:00:49 PM »

cool stuff Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Paper from Plant Fibers
How to Make Paper from Recycled Paper
How to Make Placemats Out Of Wooden Chopsticks
How to Make Seashell Crafts
How to Make Stilts Out Of Old Cans
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...