A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: scrapbooking "business" help! pleeeeeeeeeeease!  (Read 3062 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brownsugar13
« on: October 09, 2005 02:13:48 PM »

hey everyone!  i'm trying to earn money for my band trip this spring and also for the sake of spending for fun.  do you think that i would make money from scrapbooking for others?  if so, how much would i charge and how would i spread the word??  also, does anyone have any ideas on how or what i would name it?  thanks for your help in advance!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snlfreak83
Hemp Kitty Art

The Crafty Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005 05:19:04 PM »

that sounds like a really good idea. i have never done this before so i'm not sure. first of all i would try to go and add up roughly how much it costs you to make a scrapbook. the cost of all of your supplies is going to be one of the biggest expenses. next think of how long it actually takes you to put one together. the scrapbook i made for my best friend last christmas was extremely detailed so it took me a very long time to finish it. i would say i worked on it steadily for a few months. but that was also in between juggling school and work. it also depends if they already have the pics for you to use or if you would need to print them out or whatever.

start pricing supplies and i will brainstorm on this idea awhile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a crafty kid. I just can't help myself.
Scrapcrazycreations
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005 07:49:42 PM »

I actually do alot of business on ebay.  Paper bag albums are the cheapest to make and easiest to sell.
4 paper bags the size of lunch bags... fold them in half, put them together and bind.  Decorate and you are done.  I charge around $20 per album.  And people love them.  Advertising... newspapers, flyers... anything works... have an open house... where you invite all of your friends and family over, tell them of your idea and book some sales!  Go on ebay... search paper bag albums to get some ideas!  They are so fun to make, and are really great gifts.  they turn out to be aprox 5x5 albums!  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brownsugar13
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005 05:57:19 PM »

thanx!  i really appreciate your help.....i'm in desparate need of money for this trip.....i have to "earn" money to help my parents pay for it......anyway!  thank you sooooooo much!  if anyone else has ideas.....please post 'em! 

lots and lotsa luv.......brownsugar13 Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alesha
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005 09:16:18 PM »

Good for you!

The paperbag books are hot right now.  You can also try doing 6x6 scrapbook pages and sell them, either individually or in a set, or a book.  I usually sell a completed album for $40.  There are a couple of websites that you can go to for inspiration:

www.splitcoaststampers.com - check the resources link at the top or the gallery
www.stampinup.com
www.scrapbook.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alesha

Scrappin' and stampin' in London ON
http://alesha.stampinup.net
brownsugar13
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005 09:34:12 AM »

hey guys!  thanx so much for all your help!  keep 'em coming! 

some ideas i had.....

*carry around a portfolio of some pages that i've done
*around $35 for a scrapbook (it depends what type...if paperbag scrapbook, less money....smaller size, a little less money.... 12x12, proabably just the $35...etc. etc.) the only problem with that is that people may not buy them so that much from me because i'm only 12 (almost 13! but still...).  even though my work is decent.

well, that's all i can think of off the top of my head.  u guys have been a great help!  thank you so much!  keep posting!  <3 sherene  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thecraftyminx

To fail is to try in the first place.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005 08:57:06 AM »

hey everyone!  i'm trying to earn money for my band trip this spring and also for the sake of spending for fun.  do you think that i would make money from scrapbooking for others?  if so, how much would i charge and how would i spread the word??  also, does anyone have any ideas on how or what i would name it?  thanks for your help in advance!! Grin

Hey, I am happy to give you a couple of pages for free on my website if you would like to put some full size photo's online for people to see.  I am looking for new material for my scrapbooking zone...which is still in the seedling stages..so if you can submit details like pricelist and contact details along with the pics via email its as easy as that!  What I would get out of it is more cute stuff on my site, and interesting pictures!  Open to suggestion here!  Best of luck what ever you decide anyway. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brownsugar13
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006 06:49:08 PM »

okay, so thanks for all of your suggestions guyz!  thecraftyminx: i printed a couple of pages of your website...they're really cute!  thanx so much for that!  well u guyz...KEEP POSTING!!  <333 Sherene
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006 08:37:24 PM »

I did this last year! I made a really nice Creative Memories scrapbook for my mom's assistant. She gave me all the pictures, and I sent out and bought all the supplies and just kept a running tally on my expenses. The book ended up being almost a full album, and it tool me a LONG time, but she LOVED it, and now I'm doing another Smiley But anyway, I got $350, and the supplies were $130, so I made like $220, well worth it Smiley

So my advice to you is, spend time on what you are doing, use quality materials, research, and talk to people you know to see if they need help with scrapbooking  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Staramaze
Sarah and the Stampstars

Crafting Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006 02:23:20 AM »

I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I make money teaching people how to stamp and scrapbook.  It's great!  It's totally flexible,  and I love it!

You can see my website here
www.stampstars.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Gorgeous Silhouette Plates from Old Plates
How to Frame Your Personal Valuables
How to Turn a Leaf Into Art
How to Recycle an Old Door Into a Blackboard
How to Recycle Old Chopsticks Into Ornamental Coasters
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...