A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Japanese felt animal patterns.  (Read 73298 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

neko_chan
« on: October 09, 2005 08:33:57 AM »

i was just wondering if any of you had some japanese style felt animal patterns you can post up. or send to me.
i found a book called Lovable Mini Dolls by Terumi Otaka, that has exactly what i'm looking for but it is too expensive Sad if anyone has this book or other books, could you please send me some scans of the patterns?

Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Solorn

Doesn't play well with others

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005 02:34:42 AM »

I'd love to find a book or something on them too. I've been searching the net and some of the books out there are SO expensive once you start adding shipping costs to them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taeko
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005 01:29:09 AM »

I have Terumi's book, but the title is different.  Maybe it's not what you want, but I'm sending you the pic anyway. 

Taeko
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockinkitten
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005 12:34:07 PM »

I am looking for the same thing. There are loads of nice books on eBay but they are almost $40 and then postage on top Sad single mom me... can't afford those! so i just look at the pictures and try to improvise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cobratastic
the greatest thing..<3.

lungs for the race.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005 01:03:01 PM »

kitty-craft.com
or
yesasia.com
are good places too look.. and prices and shipping costs arent ridiculous like ebay
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be who you are & say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind.
Bond Girl
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005 03:13:34 AM »

Don't forget to check out Crafting Japanese at http://www.craftlog.org/craftingjapanese/ when you're looking for some Japanese craft books to order.  It lists all the ISBNs so you can find them easily on sites and has links to pics inside the books and projects people have made from them!  That way, even if it is expensive, you can make sure you're getting the book you want when you order it from eBay or whereever!!  Also, there is a list of links to real-life an donline retailers that may be useful to you.  HTH Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
mustang7
Craft for yesterday, today and tomorrow!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006 03:37:58 PM »

Oh Gosh I'm so glad I found this section.  I have collected over the years many Ondori Felt Crafting books and love making those little felt dolls.  I am also looking for new books and you all are right THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE and hard to find since many of the sites that you would look for these book are all in Japanese.  I can't read it, but when making rag dolls and such, I can definitely put together the patterns with the pictures, how to's, etc.  Just an FYI if you find a Japanese book store, the price usually is about $15.00-$18.00 for any one of these types of books.  So Ebayers are making alot of money selling them for $25.00-$40  Roll Eyes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
white trash hero
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006 06:22:57 AM »

i have an aranzi aranzo book for felt animals,and stuff..
i could try scan some patterns you can find the book here...
http://shop.aranziaronzo.com/shopping.en/index10_books.html
i didnt buy mine off there as the shipping was way too high but its a great book! I found a seller on ebay that sells all books like that and its where i got mine!http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Arti-sans_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm shes closed at the minute but will be open again soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mustang7
Craft for yesterday, today and tomorrow!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006 01:12:48 PM »

Gosh I've been everywhere on the internet looking for specific HandCraft books from Japan.  Even with the ISBN's I am not having any luck finding the one's I'm looking for.  Unfortunately, although I can navigate around Amazon Japan, all the books that I'm interested in will not be shipped to the US.  I'm looking for back issues of the COUNTRY DOLL series by Gakken Interior Mook.  Again, the ONLY place I am able to find these issues is in Amazon Japan.  Does any know of someone who can obtain, has these, and are willing to work with me to obtain and have them shipped?  I understand this series is not out of print, however I know they are still avaiable out there.  Any help is SOOOO GREATLY appreciated.  Hugs - Terri US Hawaii Huh

P.S. I've also tried YesAsia and other internet based places with no luck.  What a bummer!!   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suckerblondie
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006 10:29:08 AM »

I hope you can use them Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stay true
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn a Hoodie Into a Bag
How to Turn a Hoodie Into a Laptop Bag
How to Turn a Paper Clip Into a Safety Pin
How to Turn Old Magazines Into a Coiled Paper Basket
How to Convert Photos to Cross-Stitch Designs
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...