A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dollar store beauty loot!!!!!  (Read 25049 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pacasha
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2008 05:47:01 PM »

i used to use eggs on my hair all the time, if you use the whole egg only use COOL or COLD WATER! it will cook in your hair and be very difficult to get out. flat beer works well too, but that's not dollar store!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pink zebra
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2008 01:00:22 PM »

i dont know if it fits in here, but this works great for me, and helps me saving.
i love colored eyeliner, but i couldnt find many colors of liquid eyeliner for cheap. but what i do is i use a very fine (but not too soft) brush, take a few drops of (preferably oil-free) eye-makeup-remover, mix them with any eyeshadow (pressed works fine, but also a few loose pigments do the trick), swirl the bursh around in it a bit and then draw your eyeline.

try it out, let me know if it works for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessc01
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2008 03:37:39 PM »

Wow, peroxide really works on zits?  I'll have to give it a try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
damo
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2008 12:16:14 AM »

A dollar store product that I love is sorbelene cream. You've probably seen it, it's a fragrance/colour free moisturiser that comes in a great big tub or squirt bottle. You can buy completely generic kinds that work fine, but I prefer Jonhnson and Johnson, as it's a little better blended and less oily. About 3 or 4 dollars for a massive bottle. You can use it on anything and works awesomely! Use it as a face wash (No, really! Just use it as you would a normal face wash), rub it onto chapped lips, slather it onto your face and body at night, stir some into your bathwater as a soak, use it as a hand and foot cream (try that trick where you slather the affected part with cream and put on socks or rubber surgical gloves), pour into a bowl and add sugar or something similar and use as a shower scrub, shave with it (It gives a much smoother shave than shaving cream), to tame frizzy hair, and apparently it works as an intensive hair mask (I wasn't overly impressed as it left a residue even after 10 minutes of rinsing, but give it a try anyway). It really is an awesome product, and can be used to replace a huge variety of other beauty products.

A trick I use for coldsores which sounds painful but is incredibly affective is nail polish remover. Really! When you feel a coldsore begin to form, dip a q tip into some acetone free nail polish and gently dab it on the area. Continue doing this every now and again for a couple of days. If used when the coldsore is at the stage where it is only a tingling bump, this method will dry the coldsore out quickly and save 7 days of suffering. Just be sure to use plently of carmex as well to keep your lips from drying out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Funluvnrockrchik

And Life flows on within you and without you...

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2008 12:46:27 PM »

You know what actually works beautifully for lipsticks?

Spending a little money and buying gel blushes @ your local CVS! They're only a couple bucks (5 give or take).
Gel blushes, i find, work as a really nice lip stain because I don't like to use lipstick.

But be careful when picking a shade of gel blush- since it absorbs in your lips, it tends to be slightly darker than as a blush.=)

however, it does last for several hours and it doesn't wipe off as eaily as lipstick. you can even layer! put on the gel blush as lip stain and cover with chapstick to feel light, and moisturized without feeling sticky and smelling funny like lipsticks and lip glosses tend to.
=) thanks for the tips everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Freedom of speech is freedom to yell "Theatre!" in a crowded fire"

"I feel just like sombody else. Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same"
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2008 05:22:31 PM »

On the cold sore front.... take two asprin ASAP. Works for me, cuts the time in half, and it's even more effective if I take another the next day. No idea how or why, I saw it in a magazine a few years ago and have been doing it ever since. The sore will be smaller, and less painful, dries up quick and seems to not stay at the gross healing phase as long too.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008 04:42:03 PM by Silver Ilix - Reason: horrible spelling » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
x_maggief

Once upon a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2008 03:10:46 PM »

My DT purchases allows to splurge on Lush skincare products. It's not cheap (about $12) but I love Lush's Ultra Bland for a makeup remover. You use less than a pea size for the entire face so one container can last a long time. Plus most of Lush's products uses natural and/or safe synthetic products.

Lush is absolutely fantastic. I don't know how much it matters to everyone but all of their products are vegetarian and a large percent are vegan (it says right on them which ones are which).
Everytime I go into the store (I frequent the one at Square One) I meet someone new, always helpful and EXTREMELY nice. While their products are a little more expensive, they last ages, and it makes me feel fantastic that I'm not loading up my face or hair with chemical gunk (ew). I use their shampoo, conditioner and face stuff, I've been using the soap (angels on bareskin in the morning and fresh farmacy in the evening) for like three days and already people are saying my skin is glowing and gorgeous.
It's not exactly dollar store but its really worth it. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wists: http://wists.com/x_maggief

My tumblr: maggiefisher.tumblr.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Charcoal Drawing
The Art of Stone Carving
The Art of Silver Filigree
The Art of Kilim Carpets
The Art of Felt Making
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...