A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: anti-flag  (Read 1886 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

biafrabitches236
I'm poor and I'm weird baby, you got no time for me

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2005 01:44:43 PM »

if anyone here likes anti-flag, I'm sure that you're aware that they're now on RCA. I wanted to go to their show with bad religion, but tickets cost almost $50 each! diy punk that's about the music, not the money, MY ASS. there are a thouseand more reasons why this band that I loved so much is so dissapointing but I don't wanna start this argument again, so to get to the point...
I want to do a shirt that says 'I liked anti-flag before they sold out", half as a joke, half seriously.what image should I add? I want to do the gun star logo on the side and the text in front, but won't it look stupid, saying that they've sold out and wearing their logo?
I'm thinking a parody of the new kind of army image, with something else on the flag. maybe dollar signs? I'm also thinking "bullets can't silence ideas, but money can." (play on lyrics)
I've been typing while thinking right now, but that sounds REALLY rad.
does anyone have any other ideas that I could use?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005 01:53:32 PM by biafrabitches236 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

freedom is given, speak how you feel
I have no freedom, how do you feel?
they can lie to my face, but not to my heart
if we stand together, it'll just be the start
[sham 69 - if the kids are united]  <3
americandemockracy

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005 01:45:03 PM »

... huum. apparently some people think they did, but I'm not really sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005 04:56:18 PM »

just to state I love AF. And if they are opening for BR that's why tix are godawful expensive.....

How bout a t-shirt that says "I used to be able to afford AF tickets" and then have a sign that says something like "AF fan... please help. Any amount helps" like the homeless people at the freeway on ramps.

I'd avoid the "sell out" verbage, b/c a) its gotten to be more cliche than the mohawk/fauxhawk, and b) its more creative to veer away from what is expected.....

Not being critical :-) I love the idea. I can't believe $50? shit. I wont pay 40 to go see depeche mode with my friend and $25 to see Social D and the matches is painful for me...

What happened to $5 shows with lots of bands in random ass venues?? I blame clear channel! :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

biafrabitches236

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005 01:49:17 PM »

hm, I was cranky when I wrote that, but come on, $50? punktoberfest, a 2 day festival in toronto which had about 60 bands playing, cost $7 to get in each night. now that's a rock show.
I listened to their new song a million times trying to like it, but it just sounds like the same old cliche rhetoric, without any of the passion that made me love the band in the first place.. ::sigh::
 redstar13 that's a really cool idea. I think you're inspired me on another shirt that I wanted to make...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005 03:35:25 PM »

I haven't heard thier new song, but i understand how you feel. I don't understand how bands that are so "punkrock" can charge exhorbitant amounts for shows, when every summer Kevin Lyman charges, at most $30 for 50 or so bands for Warped tour every summer. AND some of those bands are huge and others are more 'old school' than BR or AF.

I guess the scene has changed....

But on the upside, there are still bands like the bouncing souls and the unseen who charge 15 bucks a show and are still freaking rad.

Alas, money makes the world go round.

and I do not fault AF fo going to a Major Label. In doing so, thier music does get out more. That is the cool part. Though AF is an ever changing band. Thier music has changed and evolved over thier career, so maybe this is just yet another juncture.

I am long winded and passionate about music. I could apologise.....but i'm not sorry! *grin*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

biafrabitches236

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005 03:53:04 PM »

[off topic!! I'm waiting for the mods to bite us, but until then...]
I have nothing against a bend getting their message out. it's just that they were already getting their music out to everyone through AF and fat wreck. really.

the unseen and the bouncing souls are amazing. and what about against me!, the epoxies, and the soviettes for $16? or the dropkick murphys, big d & the kids table, and other-bands-that-I-can't-remember-right-now for $15? they don't feel the need to charge insane amounts of money. or all those amazing labels like plan-it-x or no idea that charge $5-$10 for cds and send you free samplers, patches and posters when you buy stuff from them?
punk rock isn't dead, and will never die; it's just getting stagnant on the surface. the indie labels and diy bands are keeping the scene alive.

don't apologize, passion and music are synonyms in my mind. at least, passion and GOOD music. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HardCandy63

Short Attention Span Crafts Since Age Four.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005 05:28:55 PM »

i second everything said on this page. seriously. everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
die_on_a_rope
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005 06:05:30 PM »

the unseen and the bouncing souls are amazing.

i just saw the unseen( and a global threat and career soldiers) for like 12 dollars. they seemed to be really stuck up, and there new stuff well its not as good as there old shit . and all there new merch is terrible its all mall friendly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005 06:15:37 PM »

Haha, bite, bite.  Just kidding.  Continue conversing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
biafrabitches236

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005 03:57:25 PM »

the unseen and the bouncing souls are amazing.

i just saw the unseen( and a global threat and career soldiers) for like 12 dollars. they seemed to be really stuck up, and there new stuff well its not as good as there old shit . and all there new merch is terrible its all mall friendly.

really? because a few of my friends have seen them and told me that they're amazing live and they're nice guys. one of my frineds went to their show and then hung out with them afterwards & he said that they're great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using Cumin Seeds in Indian Cooking
How to Make Indian Pakoras
Using Coriander in Cooking
Aarti Sequeira Presents the Basics of Indian Cooking
Marcel Vigneron Explains Molecular Gastronomy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...