A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1:6 scale dollhouse (barbie scale)  (Read 3967 times)
Tags for this thread: diorama  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

not2old4glitter
« on: October 08, 2005 01:16:20 PM »

this is a one-room dollhouse I made for a friend many years ago. This is the only picture i took of it before I gave ti away. It's to the scale of barbies and other 11.5" fashion dolls. It's really a glorified diorama, it was just a cardboard box. I used wallpaper scraps and carpet scraps, the window is a calender picture of a landscape with stained balsawood frame around it and muillions. The fireplace is just faux-painted cardboard and so is the bookshelf. (real twigs in the fireplace though) The sofa is just scraps of foam covered in fabric and I made the coffee table from balsawood. You can't see but on the coffee table is a fruit bowl, all the fruit and the bowl I made with fimo clay and painted it. The artwork is just pictures cut from magazines and glued to a cardboard frame which I painted gold. Some of the accessories are purchased like the little globe and the basket of flowers on the bookshelf. Mostly everything else was handmade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005 06:34:03 PM »

AWESOME!!!!  Grin

Diane B.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013 01:32:56 PM by meleriffic - Reason: removed website link from post » THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
lararum
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005 07:46:06 PM »

That looks great.  When I was a kid I used to make barbie houses out of big diaper boxes(yeah, they used to come in boxes).  I would have killed for that living room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
not2old4glitter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005 11:05:00 PM »

Thank you! I wish now I had taken more pics of it from other angles, like you can't see on the right there is a writing desk and chair and I think I had some accessories on the desk. You can just see a little bit of the chair, that copper wire heart shape thing on the right side is the chair back. I also painted the outside of the box with some flower boxes under the window and whatnot.  I am really bad about forgetting to take pix of things before I give them away, and forgetting to take "before" pics of garage sale/thrift shop things before I make them over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005 09:49:09 AM »

I know!  I had to get mysefl accustomed to thinking about taking the photos too.  

At first, I just wanted to make sure I could just remember all the things I've done and given away (for times I might feel unaccomplished)... then I wanted to do it because I felt that women in particular needed to validate themselves and even "craft" stuff they've done  Tongue ... a little later, I realized that taking photos also helped me to remember details of what I'd done and how I'd done it ... and lastely I began to realize that they would come in handy when other people wanted to see exactly what I might have been referring to (including putting photos online).
(I started keeping them in just one photo album, but now I have them in several themed albums, or rubberbanded stacks <lazy me>, or just organized in my computer files).

I'm so-o-o-o-o glad now that I started doing that reasonably early ... I've found so many uses for the photos that I never thought of in the beginning!  

Diane B.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013 01:34:01 PM by meleriffic - Reason: removed website link from post » THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
not2old4glitter
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005 11:33:26 AM »

I am trying to get in the habit to take pics but I still forget sometimes. It's much better now that I have a digital camera. I just sent a knitted hat to a friend and because she was having a rough time I wanted to send it quickly and forgot to take a pic first. It wasn't anything especially unique but I still wish I'd taken a pic first.
Then with my recycle/refurbish projects, I don't even think about taking the picture until halfway through the makeover sometimes. I just get excited when I find some piece of trash furniture with potential and I start working on it right away. So I have to describe to people how ugly and broken the thing was when I found it, which isn't as good as SEEING the transformation, well not as impressive anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anakarina
(*

dear skull , art thou shiny?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005 03:51:35 PM »

its beautiful! did you  make the tiny candle holders on the fireplace?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop! Little knits, ACEOS, & paper goods.

WIST-list
mimi_mia

I love my dogs!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005 11:17:20 AM »

Looks amazing, you should take a picture with a Barbie in it so we can see exactly what size it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Press Flowers and Display Them
How to Make Magazine Stencil Art
How to Make a Clothespin Picture Wreath
Log Cabin Quilt Block Patterns
Segment Unavailable
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...