A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Making your own halloween costume-along..  (Read 42642 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

toomuchrock

Just another day in suburbia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2005 07:08:02 PM »

i did finish it,.... they look totally rad just didnt take any pictures... i need to remember to do taht
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft, Therefor I Rock!

toomuchrock.etsy.co m

MOOLA! It amazes me
Never heard of Moola? PM me or click the link for More details.
happybeenz
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2005 04:57:24 PM »

i sewed powerpuff girls costumes for me and my two friends so i thought id share....

unfortunatly, bubbles was wasted so we couldnt get a decent picture of the three of us together
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i dont have a signature
Cornbreadsqpan
Click here for a million dollars.

Its all good.. at least for now.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2005 06:12:04 PM »

This is my first post!  Well, I cheated a little bit, I bought the dress (plain black) at Charlotte Ruse (sp?) for 3 bucks and sewed the red sheer fabric (8 bucks! lol) onto the little underskirt, I prolly should have glued the hem of it, but I kinda like the frayed-ness.  The actual skirt is asymetrical, sorry I don't have a better picture.  I ended up ditching the boa (it was driving me nuts!) and wearing an awesome choke collar.  I love it especially since it is something I could actually wear again with a little different accessories. 

HUBBA HUBBA... Looking HOT there cutie!!! You guys should see this in real life OMG... lol..

Just so you don't think I'm being a jerk, Thorn is my Wife!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Googie.
blue bunny
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2005 08:23:53 AM »

I know this is SOOOOOO late,  but i only just found this thread.
My costume was Corpse Bride inspired!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want personalised shoes and gogeous things? www.bunny.etsy.com
samann1121

samann1121.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2006 07:50:37 PM »

Alright, so a looooong time ago I posted about my Lemony Snicket Violet Baudelaire dress.  Well, here are pictures finally.  Because I'm more of a reconstruction kind of person than a follow-a-pattern kind of person, I went with modifying two skirts, a dress, and a pair of fishnet stockings, rather than design a dress from scratch.  I rehemmed both skirts, cut patterns out of the purple one, and hemmed the edges of the patterns.  The dress (too small before) became the bodice.  The middle section between the lacing is from the bottom half of the skirt.  I also modified the neckline.  I made puffy sleeves (quite proud of myself), based loosely on a blouse pattern I have.  Then I added fishnet stocking legs.  The ribbing and the back of the bodice were already like that.  Alright, pics...

And the whole thing, at the Halloween party... (drumroll....)

(Please excuse the crappy cropping.  I pretty much suck at photo editing.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 06:44:59 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaeKitty
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2006 09:04:55 AM »

completed costume:

]http://www.smarmy.us/pics/random/memayor1.jpg

http://www.smarmy.us/pics/random/memayor2.jpg

This is the greatest costume ever Smiley Well done!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 02:13:17 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MaeKitty
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2006 09:22:17 AM »

Heh, a few months late, but I figured I'd post my Halloween costume.  I'm not sure how many of you remember the 80s animated movie "The Last Unicorn" based on the novel of the same name by Peter S. Beagle, but I went as Amalthea this Halloween.

This picture was taken after the main work on the dress was done. I did some touch-ups before Halloween.  Of course I don't have the wig on, or the red star on my forehead yet either. I made the dress to be a mix of the dress she wore in the movie, what was described in the book and the designs for the upcoming live-action movie. \

I unded up at the annual Witches Gathering at a local bar. A good time was had by all Smiley

Too much dancing, a huge wig, and yummy alcohol makes Lady Amalthea's dress decide to slide off. Heh.

Here's a group shot for good measure!

L-R: My friend Raff as Dan Hawkins of The Darkness, a friend of a friend as Electra and Me.

For more info on the costume, visit my craft page: http://www.maevan.com/knit/cfos.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stretchy_elastic_band
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2006 10:10:47 AM »

Here's my cliche'd costume.  It took 8 dollars worth of fabric paint.

wow, I look like a tool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiger got to hunt, Bird got to fly.
Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why.
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land.
Man got to tell himself he understands.
padray
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2006 12:00:18 AM »

Heh, a few months late, but I figured I'd post my Halloween costume.  I'm not sure how many of you remember the 80s animated movie "The Last Unicorn" based on the novel of the same name by Peter S. Beagle, but I went as Amalthea this Halloween.

Here's a group shot for good measure!

L-R: My friend Raff as Dan Hawkins of The Darkness, a friend of a friend as Electra and Me.

For more info on the costume, visit my craft page: http://www.maevan.com/knit/cfos.html

That's an awesome wig! I must search ebay this year for wigs! And...have you ever been blonde? I think it looks great on you!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StrawberryTwist
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2006 10:54:58 AM »

Oooooh...I didn't see this thread before.

My 3 year old requested a "fire truck" costume. So I got me a cardboard box and some bristolboard and fun foam.
This is what I came up with. I sewed some flourescent(sp?) yellow felt onto a yellow turtle neck and he had a hat already...He loved his fire truck.  Grin
I cut holes in the box for his body, covered it with red bristolboard and cut all the details out of fun foam and glyed them on. Then I added suspenders to hold it up.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jennifer Weiner Talks About Certain Girls
Karen Katz Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Michael Hiltzik Talks About Colossus
Alexandra Horowitz Talks About Inside of a Dog
Jonathan Alter Reveals His Best Quality
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...