A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Making your own halloween costume-along..  (Read 44711 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xstillxherex72
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2005 10:42:28 AM »

ahhh its only in 2 weeks?!? i haven't gotten my fabric yet  Undecided

much love
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ohhdarling

Stuff me in your bones.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2005 12:14:17 PM »

I know! Time flies...
I haven't got a single thing ready for my costume yet! Sad
I'd love to see how your costume turns out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We calm ourselves with store-bought dreams.
xstillxherex72
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2005 12:24:35 PM »

well i have some things for it.  the combat boots,the belt sash, the striped tank top..umm.......some of the eye makeup....but thats pretty much all. do you think that i should wear red or black lipstickk? or none? i cant really decide.....

much love
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shakespear

Crazy Chickadee since 1978

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2005 12:27:50 PM »

Hello all! (Like so many have said...) I've been enjoying this board for some time.  And now that I figured out how to work the whole photobucket deal, I'm finally posting something.

(And before anyone says, "Hey you spelled Shakespear wrong!"...  That's my last name and our branch of the family dropped the last e...I guess they got lazy and felt the name was long enough!)

Alright, so anyway....I went to a Witch's Night Out shindig this last weekend with a bunch of friends (we had such an amazing time!!).  I went as a Punk Witch....

Those last 2 shots were of some random witches at the event....I was just very impressed with them so I had to snap a picture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafty/writing/the land of random blog...

erinshakespear@bresnan.net
Meb

combat salacious removal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2005 01:31:18 PM »

I'm going as a german beergarden girl this year. I got a blatant simplicity pattern for it.  I'll post pictures when its done. But so far all I have is the stein...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm as cool as formidable prowess in shuffleboard.
neomagalie
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2005 04:14:06 PM »

I love those witches, all the time I have been a witch in the past (from the made out of garbage bag on of my youth to the sexy corset ones) were never that original. 

I made a scarecrow costume for my sun which is pretty cool but so far I just take it out of the drawer and he hides from me toddler temper.  He was really cute in his monkey costume I did for him last year. 

For myself I am sewing leaves on a dress and will become a fall goddess/faerie, giant pile of leaves not sure yet how it will turn out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xstillxherex72
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2005 04:57:09 PM »

I love those witches, all the time I have been a witch in the past (from the made out of garbage bag on of my youth to the sexy corset ones) were never that original. 

I made a scarecrow costume for my sun which is pretty cool but so far I just take it out of the drawer and he hides from me… toddler temper.  He was really cute in his monkey costume I did for him last year. 

For myself I am sewing leaves on a dress and will become a fall goddess/faerie, giant pile of leaves not sure yet how it will turn out.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww soooo cute! and your idea sounds good Smiley

much love
THIS ROCKS   Logged

me_kaa

the shout out louds.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2005 06:20:40 PM »

My costume is almost done.  I'm going as Audrey Hepburn (as Holly Golightly).
I've got a cigarette holder, the PERFECT pair of shoes, fake pearls, a tiara, sunglasses, and a dress I made from a pattern.  I am super happy with how it turned out.  Last on the list are fake eyelashes and more over the top jewelry.  Anyone have any ideas for more parts?
Everyone else's ideas are inspiring me already for next year!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchinbitch
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2005 12:30:01 AM »

this thread has gotten me so excited for halloween!  i went as holly golightly one year, too.  totally had the over-the-top jewelry, pearls and more pearls, diamond mini-tiara thing from claire's, black sheath dress and pumps, cigarette holder (a plastic one which disappointingly did not work up to snuff), and fake eyelashes with sunglasses.  you should also get some long black gloves if you don't have them already.  they're so much fun (i've worn mine several other times since then). 

this year i'm going as Frida Kahlo.  i'm basically reusing the costume i put together from thrift store finds a couple years ago.  it was so great.  i got this red mexican looking dress and made a little white add-on/pettycoat looking thing for underneath since it was a little too short.  i'm going to wear this black and red peasant top with lots of turquise and brightly colored jewelry i've pcked up at thrift stores.  i've even been putting off getting a hair cut so it'll be long enough to put into two braids and tie them over the top of my head.  i'm going to put fake red and yellow flowers in the braids and the best part.... i'm going to fill in my (already slightly present) unibrow and mustache.  last year i saw a girl dressed as Frida and she had a cane which I thought was a nice touch.  plus this year i'm going to make my fiance dress as Diego Rivera.  i really was quite proud of myself when i put the costume together so i'll have to scan some photos and post them for ya'll to see. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ohsaline
THE MEEK. THEY WANT IT ALL.

the desert queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2005 01:59:09 AM »

oh god two weeks?!?!?! I need to decide and get started!

I have no idea what I'm even doing for halloween, but I know I want to dress up for sure.  I'm thinking of being Michael Flatley (the lord of the dance!!! hahahahahaha)...i guess just black jazz pants, a big white button down, black shoes, and a black band around my head.  i'd just pomp my hair and put it up in the back or something. only problem is the shirt is normally hanging open...and i dont know exactly how to go about doing that without my boobs hanging out...obviously.  that would be really easy, cheap, and simple but i think its hilarious....

if I don't do Michael Flatley I'll probably just go as a french person...black pants and shoes, striped top, beret, neckscarft, and cigarette holder.  that would be funny too....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've come to read you the stuff from my father's book, that we're hoping to get a publisher for. It's called the holy biblee. We may change the pronunciation on that. But we think a biblee is what people should have.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Light a Portrait
How to Light a Still Life
How to Choose Your Virtual Film Speed
How to Choose Your Shutter Speed
Recipe Photo Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...