A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Making your own halloween costume-along..  (Read 43242 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jojoshelly
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2005 07:29:53 PM »

Im almost finished with my cosplay costume of Vespa Girl from FLCL.

This is what she looks like...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

squee
Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2005 08:37:50 PM »

I am planning on being Violet Baudelaire from the Series of Unfortunate events. I'm worried that I procrastinate too much and won't have it done. I'm having a party, so the people I invite are all like "I don't know what to be" and all I can ever think of when they say that is "Glam Rock Pirate" which they all turn down, but it gets them thinking. Some other people are excited about the idea of me being Violet and others don't know who it is when I mention it, but I bet they will know if I do the costume right.
I just don't understand how some people can get their costumes done all early, I just can't prioritize well, I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kidkoala
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2005 10:39:11 PM »

My husband and I are going to go as Fraggles this year.  Not quite sure how we're going to do it yet...

I figure I'll go rumaging at VV to find the suitable clothing and try to make some wigs and tails Smiley

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated!

EEEE DO IT! I love Fraggles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
                      -Woody Allen
IAte86Crayons
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2005 11:16:10 PM »

heheh... pirate fairy...tinkerbell if she had been on cap'n hooks side? Smiley
Haha! Exactly what I was thinking!  Cheesy Anyhoo, I think I'm gonna be a pirate too this year... but not just yer reg'lar ol' pirate  Wink You guys'll just have to wait and see what I come up with.

Me and my friends wanted to be the cast of The Wiz: http://mydreams.cocolog-nifty.com/musicdiary/images/the_wiz.jpg.. because we're black (lol)... and plus everyone does the regular Wizard of Oz costumes... but of course we procrastinated and don't have enough time to make our costumes as elaborate as we wanted them to be. I was gonna be the Scarecrow  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zitrone21

Ooh, I'm so blurry . . .

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2005 11:43:12 AM »

I don't really do much for Halloween, but I have a costume I made last summer should I feel the urge to dress up (assuming, of course, that I can lace my corset up tight enough to get into the damned thing). 

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/zitrone21/halloweendress0001.jpg

My parents were just in Colonial Williamsburg this past week and my mom found a pattern of Scarlett's Green Drapes dress from Gone With the Wind that she was going to get me (if it hadn't been $38!!!), but I'm not sure I have it in me to make something else that's quite this involved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CosmicCarrot
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2005 12:26:02 PM »

you guys actually have no idea how many times i've thought of the pirate/fairy...but it's never worked out in my head. i was thinking more pirates of the caribbean, less black and white stripes and eye patches...sort of a female version of Captain Jack Sparrow, seeing as i'm completely obsessed. i've already got the hair worked out and everything, and i think people would just get very confused if i stuck some sparkly wings on top of that. but then again, that's the kind of random thing i do...i'll probably make both, wear the fairy costume to school and the pirate trick or treating, considering my fairy probably won't wear thick clothing and i'll freeze otherwise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
dreamer_gal
You where the chosen one!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2005 02:41:46 PM »

am planning on being Violet Baudelaire from the Series of Unfortunate events

That would be awesome.. her dresses are so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Duct tape diva~*~
honorablemention

though shalt not move to the sound of wickedness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2005 03:57:11 PM »

i'm having a night of the living dead party.
so everyone has to be a dead person zombie thinger.
i'm going as the corpse of marie antoinette.
spooookkkyyyy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps please!
less_than_zero
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2005 04:41:56 PM »

very cliched, but i am going to be a fairy. I have made two different tutu's so far, black and magenta, and next weekend i am going to start on the wings. I will be making them out of hosiery (teehee) and metal hangers. Lots and LOTS of glitter will be applied to my bod and outfit, i can't wait!

Oh, and I am skipping my Social Problems class to go trick or treating. I wonder if I can persuade the houses I go to that I am not a college student..

I love that you are going trick or treating! I went last year ( I'm 23 ) and most people did not question me..I really want to go this year but I can never find anyone with the balls to...
By the way I want to be a fairy too, I have a green tutu I made and I need to figure out the rest...time's running out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pele
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2005 12:33:40 AM »

Well I'm not making my own costume but I'm going to try and make my kids. They are going to be Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss. Looks easy enough. That way they can also wear the costumes to their Storybook Parade at school. We are living in Okinawa this year so without the cold weather and pumpkin farms it doesn't feel like Halloween at all. I'm going to dress up in my favorite 70s outfit - Disco Queen. Have a good one everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair How to: Top Knot Hairstyle
Simple Blow-Dry Steps for Voluminous Hair
3 Must-Have Beach Look Sprays for Sexy Hair in Seconds
Summer-Savvy Braids Trend
Olympics-Bound Swimmers Share Their Wildest Hair Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...