A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
522 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Making your own halloween costume-along..  (Read 43231 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

msbeautifull
Craftser Afficianado

Drink Down Your Gin and Kerosine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2005 08:14:47 AM »

I'm really choosing between Magenta from Rocky Horror Picture Show(the somewhat school friendly version) or a Miss Somewhere(from the Weakerthans song Reconstruction Site).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On the way home held your camera like a Bible, hoping desperately it contained some sort of truth

Every revolution began with one small act of defiance
kellebelle

Second rule is, be nice to mommies!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2005 01:57:15 PM »

i've been debating with myself for months whether to be a pirate or a fairy...i've wanted to be a pirate forever and never gotten around to it, but i really want an excuse to make some fairy wings and stick flowers in my hair...i think i'll just make both and decide when the time comes.

I think you should be a Pirate Fairy.  Who says you can't wear wings and and eye patch?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreamer_gal
You where the chosen one!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2005 03:57:56 PM »

i just finished making my costume. i'm going as a black cat...kinda

i made a skirt with black furry material and tulle underneath and a tail attached.
i also made ears connected to a headband.

i'm going to wear a black t-shirt and a hoodie with black tights and my boots.

i'll post pictures soon.

Awesome!! Please post pics soon I'd LOVE to see it!

I'm Dorothy this year. I'm hoping to be able to take my 4 yr. old cousin trick or treating b/c she is being Dorothy as well.   I posted it on here already but here is a quick picture:

I love it!! That's so cute that would be really fun if u could go with ur neice!!

i've been debating with myself for months whether to be a pirate or a fairy...i've wanted to be a pirate forever and never gotten around to it, but i really want an excuse to make some fairy wings and stick flowers in my hair...i think i'll just make both and decide when the time comes.

Or u could do a combo of both and be a pirate fairy that would be cool or maybe it's just one of my insane ideas Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Duct tape diva~*~
Ohhdarling

Stuff me in your bones.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2005 04:07:16 PM »

I'm having a big Halloween party in my house, with a shadow machine and fog and OTT decor. I don't know what to go as yet; toying between a '40s pinup sailor, or Little Red Riding Hood, or a zombie nurse.
I was a zombie nurse last year. So much fun. I got awesome comments from random people on the street (incuding a homeless guy giving me a bottle of beer..yessss)
Here is a little bit of me and my patient:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We calm ourselves with store-bought dreams.
ihatecraftster
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2005 04:23:09 PM »

Im going as Karen O. from the Yeah yeah yeahs! im going to make myself a short jumpsuit type thing, because that is what she seems to wear a lot. and im gonna have craaaaaaazy make up.  Smiley

I think you should be a Pirate Fairy.  Who says you can't wear wings and and eye patch?!

wow, thats an awesome idea! you could wear like a brown tattered pirate-y skirt thats poofy with tulle, black wings with a skull and crossbones on them, and some white tights with brown slouchy boots! oooh.. love.. i think i know what im going to be next halloween..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2005 04:53:23 PM »

very cliched, but i am going to be a fairy. I have made two different tutu's so far, black and magenta, and next weekend i am going to start on the wings. I will be making them out of hosiery (teehee) and metal hangers. Lots and LOTS of glitter will be applied to my bod and outfit, i can't wait!

Oh, and I am skipping my Social Problems class to go trick or treating. I wonder if I can persuade the houses I go to that I am not a college student..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
robotsrock
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2005 05:18:47 PM »

haha you guys look great Smiley
i started making my sailor outfit. it's actually crap. i'm having some major issues with my shorts; as in, they make me look like i possibly have a penis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Treasure Cat
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2005 05:28:57 PM »

My husband and I are going to go as Fraggles this year.  Not quite sure how we're going to do it yet...

I figure I'll go rumaging at VV to find the suitable clothing and try to make some wigs and tails Smiley

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msbeautifull
Craftser Afficianado

Drink Down Your Gin and Kerosine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2005 06:47:15 PM »

I love the idea as going of Karen O.  Some people may be ...OHMIGOD ASLEE SIMPSON.  I hate people with no personal style.  hence, the reason I love craftster. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On the way home held your camera like a Bible, hoping desperately it contained some sort of truth

Every revolution began with one small act of defiance
Ellyloo
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2005 06:54:14 PM »

heheh... pirate fairy...tinkerbell if she had been on cap'n hooks side? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Leaves Part 1/6
How to Crochet Leaves Part 2/6
How to Crochet for Beginners
How to Crochet Leaves Part 3/6
How to Crochet Borders Around a Corner
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...