A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Making your own halloween costume-along..  (Read 42583 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

silentlu
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2005 11:45:15 AM »

i just finished making my costume. i'm going as a black cat...kinda

i made a skirt with black furry material and tulle underneath and a tail attached.
i also made ears connected to a headband.

i'm going to wear a black t-shirt and a hoodie with black tights and my boots.

i'll post pictures soon.

it was so fun to make (and i'm so proud of it) i may make another out of purple leopard print and ebay both =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog ---> http://ltraylor.com
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2005 02:31:38 PM »

I'm gonna be Alice for halloween.

A slightly more to my tastes and slightly less innocent girl type alice.. but still alice Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
kidkoala
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2005 03:24:45 PM »

I'm going as a fetus.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
                      -Woody Allen
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2005 04:09:41 PM »

I'm Dorothy this year. I'm hoping to be able to take my 4 yr. old cousin trick or treating b/c she is being Dorothy as well.  Cheesy I posted it on here already but here is a quick picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

obgpf
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2005 06:13:17 PM »

Ha.  Someone else with the Absinthe Fairy idea. I suppose all I need it green fabric....and high heels. I've never used a pattern when making clothes for myself....so this will be no different. I can't wait to post pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Duckgrrl
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2005 06:24:15 PM »

I was the green fairy from Moulin Rouge (A.K.A : Absinthe Fairy) one year (unfortunately, I don't have a digital pic I can download....or upload...whatever)  I took an old strapless chiffon prom dress and cut the skirt way short (and kind of jaggedy), then dyed the dress green. The dress had a weird, built in shawl thing so I cut it to make the drapey, asymmetrical look that Kylie Minogue had going on.  I wore skin colored fishnets and silver high heels to complete the look.....and of course, some green sparkly wings.

It was a very cost effective costume: The dress was only a $1, and the rit dye was probably $1.50 ....the shoes were probably the most expensive purchase at $12 on ebay (but I ended up wearing them in my wedding 2 years later, so it was a good investment.) 

So anyway, to those of you who had posted your wish to be the absinthe fairy....it CAN be done inexpensively!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
betzi

A Really Useful Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2005 10:01:00 PM »

Well, i don't know if i'll have an occassion to wear it yet, but since i'm pregnant I thought it would be funny to  make an oven out of a box, and cut it so that my belly is "in" the oven, with a picture of a sticky bun on it...get it, "bun in the oven"?    Cheesy or maybe it would require too much explaining... Cheesy 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005 10:03:15 PM by betzi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftypixie

opinions were like kittins, I was giving them away

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2005 10:29:52 PM »

i'm making my costume too. I'm going to be the mad hatter this year. I have my material and I've started cutting out the pieces for the jacket, ugh there are so many pieces. I'll look tomarrow and share the patterns i'm using for it...hmm I'd better start moving on it I have to have it finished by hte 22nd for my party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

robotsrock
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2005 04:00:38 AM »

That Dorothy dress is uber cute. My little sister went out as Dorothy for a friend's themed party, but she bought her costume and looked more like Slut-Dorothy. Ha.

I'm having a big Halloween party in my house, with a shadow machine and fog and OTT decor. I don't know what to go as yet; toying between a '40s pinup sailor, or Little Red Riding Hood, or a zombie nurse. Probably going for the sailor option, as it means I can wear it out to a local burlesque / rockabilly club night.

I'm trying to persuade my boyfriend to go as Teen Wolf but he's having none of it. I think the best I will get from him is a half-assed "zombie". BOYS WHO DRESS UP PROPERLY ARE BEST!

p.s Uncle Rico!!! <3 <3 <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CosmicCarrot
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2005 08:01:21 AM »

i've been debating with myself for months whether to be a pirate or a fairy...i've wanted to be a pirate forever and never gotten around to it, but i really want an excuse to make some fairy wings and stick flowers in my hair...i think i'll just make both and decide when the time comes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Show Back on the Air
How to Make a Lego Pokemon
How to Play Wacky Races
How to Play Dreidel Drinking
How to Play Beer Checkers
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...