A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
741 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: gemini 10  (Read 6295 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kp
« on: October 07, 2005 09:09:14 AM »

http://img1.yoxio.com/img/202271.jpg

my ancient digital camera can't quite capture all the details...let me know if you want anything described.  there's a little paint (just the bluish stuff), some electrical tape, and a drawing i did that was collecting dust in there, but most of it is stuff i picked up off the ground or rescued from the clutches of the trash/recycling (lots of junk mail).  it's supposed to be about my boyfriend's near-death experience (which i've already gone on about in the 'show off your sweeties' thread).  i haven't quite decided if it 'works' or not.  

i'd feel weird competing for rubber stamps with something like this, so i'm hereby disqualifying myself by admitting that it's only 11 inches high.  but i really would appreciate some feedback...hope that's okay.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013 01:18:16 PM by rackycoo - Reason: changed non-working images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005 04:05:06 PM »

There's something I really like about that. I can't quite place it, but I'm drawn to it somehow... it's really interesting. I think the placement of the different items helps a lot and the fact that there are different textures adds something. Don't be so hard on yourself... I really like the meaning behind it. I totally got a sense of a crime scene (close but not quite, eh?) when I first glanced at it. The "fragile: handle with care" thing really does a lot for this piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005 05:00:13 PM »

I think it works well. And the fact that it means something to you makes it that much more important and meaningful.

I like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
kaleidoscopeeyes

have a molly and a smile!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005 05:02:45 PM »

that's awesome.  good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kp
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005 06:23:15 PM »

thanks a bunch, guys.  i was starting to worry it was too serious/not crafty enough to get any responses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gingerquilts
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005 06:25:05 AM »

I like it as well.  It always adds something when you put something personal in what you do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

olga
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005 07:28:02 AM »

This reminds me of collages that artists used to do back in the day, in Picasso's day. They would use found objects, papers, cigarette boxes, string, to create something that still resembled abstract art.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kp
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005 07:54:07 AM »

wow, thanks.  i showed it to someone and they said it reminded them of robert rauschenberg's art...i have taken several art history classes recently, so maybe i was unknowingly inspired by the original collage makers.

it does mean a lot to me, and i'm glad i made it (especially because i hadn't really tried collage before).  it's a little hard, though, because i chose and arranged everything in there very carefully so that all the little elements would represent something, but i'm afraid it just kind looks like a bunch of stuff to anyone who isn't me.  oh well...guess that's why it's going on my wall.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyKT5
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005 05:00:27 PM »

Wow, I really like it.  Before I read your description of it I thought it was actually a type of emotional representation of 9/11.  I think it's a great piece and you should be proud of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005 05:16:10 PM »

I absolutely love this. And the fact that it means something and it wasn't just to enter a contest makes it all that much better. like someone else said there's something about it that draws me to it.  just can't place what it is. But it's definately wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kp
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005 08:07:54 AM »

thank you so much to everyone who's commented.  being able to share this with people has been so much nicer than sitting alone in my room staring at my creation.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RougeRaven
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005 01:30:01 PM »

Horray for being honest! Not only with us but with yourself. I feel you captured the emotions/thought process nicely, excellent work. (I would've voted for this piece)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Carolina Herrera Fall 2012 Backstage Hairstyling
Tracy Reese Fall 2012 Backstage Hairstyling
Hair Extensions Backstage at the Nicole Miller Fall 2012 Fashion Week Show
New York Fashion Week Runway Hair Trends
40s Style Hair & Makeup at the Douglas Hannant F/W 2012 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...