A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,671
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Just a quick query  (Read 694 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xelliex
« on: October 07, 2005 06:46:31 AM »

I recently got a sewing machine, but i'm no expert on using it.
I can thread it and use it, but the problem i really have is catching the thread from the bobbin (you know what I mean).
I can never ever ever EVER do it. Does anyone have any pointers on how to do it easily and quickley? I may go insane.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PassionFaerie
Certified PackRat

Um, yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005 07:14:25 AM »

hold both the top thread and the bottom thread to the right, wind the needle and couple times, then drag both strings across to the left. Tug gently and you should see where your bobbin thread is catching, then just pull it through. I'm not very good at explaining things, but hope  that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radical Imperfection!
xelliex
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005 07:21:25 AM »

hold both the top thread and the bottom thread to the right, wind the needle and couple times, then drag both strings across to the left. Tug gently and you should see where your bobbin thread is catching, then just pull it through. I'm not very good at explaining things, but hope  that helps!
i'll give it a whirl right now, thanks alot!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xelliex
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005 07:37:38 AM »

i still can't do it
i am such a craft failure Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pibbgirl
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005 07:47:33 AM »

Once you thread the top and turn the wheel on the right of the machine to move the needle down then up and catch the bobbin thread, then pull the top thread to the left a tiny bit, then you can use a pencil or something to kind of sweep (while holding the top thread to the left) under the presser foot and help pull the bobbin thread out.  Then pull both to the left a bit to keep things from getting tangled.

I hope that helps, it is really hard to explain without being able to show someone.
If that doesn't help, can you be more specific about what part of the threading you are having trouble with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xelliex
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005 08:50:09 AM »

Once you thread the top and turn the wheel on the right of the machine to move the needle down then up and catch the bobbin thread, then pull the top thread to the left a tiny bit, then you can use a pencil or something to kind of sweep (while holding the top thread to the left) under the presser foot and help pull the bobbin thread out.  Then pull both to the left a bit to keep things from getting tangled.

I hope that helps, it is really hard to explain without being able to show someone.
If that doesn't help, can you be more specific about what part of the threading you are having trouble with?

i'll try this.. I just can't get the bobbin thread to loop or come through the hole
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vanessa Cyanide
You won't like me.

Couture is lame. End of story.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005 09:02:50 AM »

Is the bobbin thread right when you put it in? Theres usually a diagram on how the thread goes, but it drops in, then loops around a little metal peice. If youre still having problems, look up your local sewing machine shop or the manual (if you have one).
I know they can be a pain in the back end, you'll get it though!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cyanidekustoms.bravehost.com
"I dont give a fu*k about punk rock no more" -The Dwarves
I want to give the Devil back the Devils' rock n roll!
Motorcycles and cars made of METAL....nothing gets to a girls heart faster... oh yea-  And crafting stuff that gives off toxic fumes....mmm m
xelliex
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005 09:23:20 AM »

Is the bobbin thread right when you put it in? Theres usually a diagram on how the thread goes, but it drops in, then loops around a little metal peice. If youre still having problems, look up your local sewing machine shop or the manual (if you have one).
I know they can be a pain in the back end, you'll get it though!!!

it's odd because it always works when my mum does it, just not me!

GRR!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xelliex
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005 10:12:12 AM »

my mum came in and did it straight away   Angry

xlividx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lorde Golden Globes Makeover Time-Lapse
The Best & Worst Beauty Looks At The 2015 Golden Globes
How To Recreate Beautiful Red Carpet Makeup Looks
How to Create a Luminizing Makeup Look with Natural Products
Energy Bites, 2015 Color of the Year and More: 5 Things to Try This January
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...