A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Opinion on an 80's costume  (Read 2930 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

madmiffy
« on: October 06, 2005 05:07:36 PM »

Hey! I am going to dress as an 80's teen this year because I LOVE Madonna, Duran Duran, Paula Abdul, ect., and I was wondering what you think would be good. I was thinking hair in ponytail off to side, neon cutoff tights, some blue stilettos or my green/black checkered vans, plastic neon heart bracelets, bright colored plain shorts, cutoff sweatshirt, racerback bright colored bra, barbie shoe earrings, legwarmers, sparkly elastic headband. Do you guys have any suggestions? Comments? Old halloween pictures? I would love anything you could suggest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~MADmiffy~
evehel

"sometimes i just get SO mad"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005 05:11:44 PM »

lace gloves with the finger tips cut off
black lacy bra or lingerie as a top
socks with lace on the cuffs, folded down with high heels
fake moles on your face
lots and lots of those jelly bracelets
tease your hair ALOT and use aqua net hairspray

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebelfreek
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005 05:22:10 PM »

Blue eyeshadow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://antigone.etsy.com  <- Go shoppity!
AllygatorintheElevator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005 05:29:29 AM »

gigantic belt over your oversized cut-off sweatshirt
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pedeka

I love being a girl.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005 05:37:51 AM »

There were a bunch of things mentioned on this thread. Hope they help!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=55088.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamagotchi
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005 04:01:27 PM »

tying up one side of your tshirt or putting it through a buckle (god, I remember doing that!), anything involving a bedazzler, neon spandex leggings, DEFINITELY the blue eyeshadow.  I just finished watching a mr.t movie, and every girl had on blue eyeshadow.  I also remember muscle tees being popular.  I would suggest going to a thrift store and looking for stuff.  they always have tons of 80s shoes and hair accessories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
meowari
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005 06:30:15 PM »

White hightop Reebocks w/ the tongues all poofed out, two layers of socks (neon colored)over leggings that are under a big shirt with a big belt around the waist, white eyeliner and white highlighting eyeshadow right under the (thick) eyebrows to go with the blue eyeshadow, lots of blush applied in a line up the cheekbone, crimped hair, bangs, big plastic earrings...
... this is the mid to late eighties look, by the way. My sister graduated in '87, and that's what her friends wore. Check at the library for magazines they have on microfilm from the 80's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mreld
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005 11:39:41 AM »

last year my friend had the same costume idea. we actually found legwarmers at walmart for a couple of bucks. came w/a solid color and a sparkly one so that they could be layered. just wanted to let you know to look there if you decided to go w/legwarmers. and no, they weren't in the costume section, but over next to the underwear and socks and stuff. like ppl still wear them everyday O.o
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little corner of the internet: http://theknacksofnic.blogspot.com/
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005 11:47:36 AM »

I was a punk/goth in the 80's  Wink but the skirt over capri leggings, big shirt/blazer over leggings, and my personal "uniform" from the late 80's: black (or ripped, or fishnet) tights under rolled up jeans shorts & DM's. Also, acid wash or pegged jeans, and the dreaded scrunchie (or even worse, the banana clip!), or a giant long off-shoulder sweater & leggings all work. Or neon cheerleader wear ala Toni Basil. LOL. I said Toni Basil. God, I feel old.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
hugs-n-bugs
I'm better than Martha, well almost.

Have glue gun, will travel...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005 12:56:46 PM »

OMG I still have the banan clip, i found one not too long ago in my stash and acctually tried to use it, I felt like a dork so I took it down.   Also BIG BANGS  make sure they are straight up and flat on the back, also Gold eyeshadow will work and big blocky clush on face.

Have to have lace anklets to wear with the high heeled shoes, Bright pink lipstick,a nd layers, OMG I remember actually having a couple of neon outfits that I layered about 4 shirts under and roleld the sleves up and a belt with a big buckle to cinch it, I must have looked like I was 40 pounds overweight.  Paint your finger nails neon, prefereably a couple of neon colors and have them super long.  and Big earrings, not hoops, but big plastic ones with lots of fake stones on them and a BIG bow to go in your hair.

Like OHMIGOD, I like Hope You like Have a Totally rad Time at your Party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for fellow craftsters to share ideas with!
http://www.myspace.com/giggles1100
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stop Hair Static
How to Get Modern Hollywood Pin Curls
How to Manage Winter Hair with Organic Products
Tress Trends of 2010
How to Make Your Hair Sparkle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...