A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,239
Currently Running With Scissors:
775 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my ubernatural w/long sleeves - first sweater!  (Read 19309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2005 07:12:52 PM »

well, i didn't make my ubernatural with long sleeves, but i'll post it here anyways, since lesophie was the one who encouraged me to finish it. i think sewing the buttons on made it cuter, i'm so impressed with the finished product! i used lamb's pride bulky, so i had to play with the pattern since my guage was different. i also didn't do the YOs for the raglan increases. so before i show the pics - does anyone have any suggestions for getting the lamb's pride to stop shedding mohair all over the place?!

and without further ado, here it is, in all its ubernatural-ness...

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010 08:11:18 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2005 11:25:14 PM »

super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2005 03:04:53 AM »

My specs:
Yarn: MalAbrigo super bulky wool in VerdeAzul (7skeins even with the added long sleeves) for a size L on US15s

LeSophie, I am thinking of making this sweater, and I am very confused about a few things, can you help me?

1.I am a 42" bust, but i measure 40" under my arms. Should I be making the large size or medium?

2. I read this thread and others and have heard a lot of complaints about the pattern... is this pattern updated to reflect the corrections, or will I have to rewrite it a bit with the corrections from Stefanie's blog?

Thanks alot for your help, in advance!

Emms  Grin
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005 03:25:00 AM by loisgriffinwannabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeSophie

mmmmmmmmmm......yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2005 01:20:33 PM »

Nice sweaters Synne and kabili!  I think all of the mods (intentional or not) look great!

BlackMarketBaby:  Pics! Pics!  Let's see it!

loisgriffinwannabe: I think it depends on how fitted you want the sweater.  I like it better fitted and think you'll be fine with the medium.  The other thing to keep in mind is that when you put the sweater on scrap yarn at the underarm section you can adjust your sizing at that point.  I'm pretty sure that I have covered the flaws in the pattern in this thread.  This is the easiest way (imho) to knit a sweater and it is very forgiving as you can knit back a few rows if you get into a jam!  Let us know if you need more help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my new blog at http://lesophie.blogspot.com/ !
illhtac

the progress is in the process

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2005 04:25:54 PM »

everybody's ubernatural's look so good!  I love this pattern.  I want to make another one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

octagonfudge
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2005 05:49:27 PM »

Everypne's looks awesome!  I finished mine a couple days ago, no pics yet.  Soon, I hope!  Maybe tomorrow!  I knit it out of "blizzard" which is some alpaca business, and it is soooo warm!  I wore it and my jean jacket the other day and it was just fine!  Although, stupid midwest weather is like, 55 degrees now, so it's too warm for it....what the heck.  Hate you, midwest.

Anyway, about that bind-off I mentioned...it works on ss as far as I know, it doesn't change the look or anything.  The M1's, you don't drop or pass over or anything, just when you get to them when you're binding off, you slip them onto the right needle and bind off like any other sticth.  You gotta pay attention to the pattern, I guess.  For stockinette, I would still do the M1's every two stitches or something, just so it's not TOO stretchy, or else that would be sad times. 
Pics soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jumped on the bandwagon- www.octagonfudge.blogspot.com
BlackMarketBaby
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2005 10:35:51 PM »

kabili:  gorgeous cardi!  I especially love the way it looks with the top 3 buttons done up!
   loisgriffinwannabe:  I did a couple of incrases for the bust after joining the body (see more details a couple of pages back) - my cardi is still very fitted, just not TOO tight over the breasts.  You could try that too, if you feel you need more space for the girls.
   LeSophie:  haha, I STILL haven't finished!   Also, I have no way to post pics (no webcam, no digicam, no cameraphone...) I will try eventually, but that'll only when I get to the end of the film currently in my camera...
  Another thing I've noticed: not that it really matters, but if one makes the button-holes at the beginning of the RS rows, then the cardi actually buttons the "male way" (ie. when it's on you, the left side goes over the right, rather than the right over the left).  Also, this may just be me, but with the thick-and-thin yarn my buttonholes always seem to look neater from the back.  So, although I didn't notice these points until I was much too far in to the knitting to want to go back, if I was to do this again I'd probably make the buttonholes at the beginning of the WS rows - both these issues would thus be resolved.  Just to switch the way the cardi closes, of course, one could do the buttonholes at the end rather than at the beginning of the RS rows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bestsundaydress

colour me black and white

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2006 02:07:15 PM »

Ok, I know this is an old thread, so I don't know if anyone checks it anymore...

I have just completley screwed up...Made ubernatural in superchunky cashmerino, did the swatch, tried it on as i made it, all good and perfect and beautiful!  I made it in a size medium, have just BO and tried it on, all excited and proud of myself, and it's too small!  It doesn't fit over my hips at all (so the real problems sizewise are from the waist down) and although it fits everywhere else, the stitches are pretty stretched over my bust....  Was thinking I could block that, but I've never done that before, or even made anything other than like, scarves and basic things like arm warmers, etc. 

So here I am, about to pull my hair out.  I've already made Cleaves with this bloody yarn which turned out to be a disaster too...
Maybe I should just frog it and start ALL over again!!   Cry

What to do?!?!?!

Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feed my crafting habit - buy my prints at http://silxy.deviantart.com/store!!
kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2006 03:02:09 PM »

Ok, I know this is an old thread, so I don't know if anyone checks it anymore...

I have just completley screwed up...Made ubernatural in superchunky cashmerino, did the swatch, tried it on as i made it, all good and perfect and beautiful!  I made it in a size medium, have just BO and tried it on, all excited and proud of myself, and it's too small!  It doesn't fit over my hips at all (so the real problems sizewise are from the waist down) and although it fits everywhere else, the stitches are pretty stretched over my bust....  Was thinking I could block that, but I've never done that before, or even made anything other than like, scarves and basic things like arm warmers, etc. 

So here I am, about to pull my hair out.  I've already made Cleaves with this bloody yarn which turned out to be a disaster too...
Maybe I should just frog it and start ALL over again!!   Cry

What to do?!?!?!

Huh

well, is the problem that your BO is too tight? would undoing the BO and working it again more loosely (and possible with larger needles) help?

my other quick fix suggestion would be to just wear it with only the top few buttons done, and the bottom open. i think it looks cute that way - you can see a pic of mine a few posts back.

finally, if neither of these suggestions quite work, i would still say that you don't have to frog the entire thing. if the entire waist section (and not just your BO) is indeed too small, then i would suggest ripping back to just before you started the waist ribbing, where there were a few decrease rows. go back to right before these decrease rows, and then leave them out. work straight stockinette in their place and then start the ribbing again.

hope this helps, don't despair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2006 10:11:40 AM »

I finally got the yarn for this!

Its Handpainted yarn's SuperBulky Verde Esperanza, isn't it gorgeous!

LeSophie, you said you cast on less to get it to not be so off the shoulder. How much did you CO?
I am casting on today!

Emms  Grin
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 08:58:56 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Audio, Swapping Symbols and Testing a Movie
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating Animations
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introducing Keyframes, the Transform Tool and Tweening
Macromedia Flash 8 - Duplicating Library Items
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Elements to the Stage
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...