A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A different kind of guestbook...  (Read 4156 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SparkleHorse
The Green Fairy

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2005 09:15:39 AM »

I got married a few months ago, and I wanted to share one of the ideas we used that turned out - in hindsight - really well.

My best friend made our invitations, and we stuck a note in there that said something along the lines of:

"Dear Guests:
                           We're trying someting different with our guest book. Please bring to the reception a snapshot (copies are fine) of you with one of us, or just of you and your family.  We will provide markers, pens and papers, for you at the reception and ask that you write a note to go with your picture.
                       Love,
                            Sara and Scot"

And this worked out SO WELL. My sister-in-law announced at the reception where the pens and such were and people took them back to their tables through the night. My husband's family brought all these adorable pictures of him when he was a kid, and we got shots of parties we didn't have already. And the notes are so sweet! 

I've already looked at the album I made from the notes and pictures about a hundred times already - a LOT more than I would've looked at a guest book.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005 10:33:04 AM by SparkleHorse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But why don't you scream now?" Alice asked, holding her hands ready to put over her ears again.

"Why, I've done all the screaming already," said the Queen. "What would be the good of having it all over again?"
Sarahlotfi

Colors: deliciousness for the eyes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005 09:19:14 AM »

thats a really cool idea - but I HAD to comment because MY name is Sarah and my fiances name is Scott!!! what a coincidence!! AND - we recently met another couple named Sarah and Scott (although I'm not sure how they spelled their names).

woo hoo - Sara(h)s and Scot(t)s RULE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People who don't work with their hands are parasites.  --Jenny Holzer
SparkleHorse
The Green Fairy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005 09:21:29 AM »

BWAAAHAHAHAHA!! we're taking over the world, one wedding at a time!

when my (future) mother-in-law looked at the invitations, she goes, "Huh...I never noticed that you guys are both missing a letter..." since I'm Sara-with-no-h and he's Scot-with-one-t.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But why don't you scream now?" Alice asked, holding her hands ready to put over her ears again.

"Why, I've done all the screaming already," said the Queen. "What would be the good of having it all over again?"
papaya
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005 01:51:10 AM »

I have a very similar kind of idea, though we're making it a wedding time capsule to be opened on our twentieth anniversary!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SparkleHorse
The Green Fairy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005 06:21:06 AM »

p -

what kind of things are going to be in the capsule?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jadeye
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007 02:10:30 PM »

This is an awesome idea and I love scrapbooks, I know that I would look through something like this more than just a book with lines and peoples names in it.  My fiance liked this idea a lot as well, thanks for posting!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
all cut up
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007 06:18:01 PM »

What an awesome idea!  I'm having a thanksgiving wedding and my fiance and I were trying to figure out how to involve family pictures in the whole thing and we were also wondering what to do for a guest book.  You may have just solved our problem!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morbidlovexox
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007 07:43:34 PM »

We're Sarah and Scott too!! hehehe Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves, monotonous and un-renewed, it is shyness before all else.
sunnydays914
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007 09:06:20 AM »

That is awesome! That is totally what the FH and I wanted to do but didn't know how to work it out.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Step Inside The Carriage House With Author Louisa Hall
Dr. Mike Moreno on Why Moving Is So Important
Tracy Guzeman on Her Debut Novel, The Gravity of Birds
Jessica Buchanan on Her Dramatic Rescue by SEAL Team Six
Enhanced Book on Historic Moments in the Civil Rights Movement
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...