A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wholly Craft -- Columbus  (Read 3620 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jennyw
« on: October 06, 2005 09:12:05 AM »

Hey, I have to talk up this new craft store, Wholly Craft, that just opened up in Clintonville. (I swear I'm not a shill for these folks, I'm just really really excited about it -- I'm not selling anything there, I don't know the owners and I'm probably gonna end up spending *way* too much money there, as a matter of fact.) Anyhoo, it opened up last weekend, and they seem to have a lot of stuff made by Craftster folk/people of similar tastes: think silkscreened posters, purses, accessories, bags, stuffies, dolls, and all of it is super-reasonably priced. They're also selling craft supplies such as vintage fabrics, yarns and craft books. Oh, and they're selling zines, too. I'm really excited that Columbus finally has a place like this, and I want to see it prosper. So yeah ... hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, address is 3171 N. High St.

Now if we could only get an independent bookstore, I would never leave Clintonville.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
choirgirl
melodramatic photographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005 09:57:29 PM »

Wow, that sounds great! What is the nearest cross street?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennyw
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005 06:38:35 AM »

It's between Lakeview Avenue and Pacemont Road (or about five blocks south of E. North Broadway, which there are exits for on I-71 and 315).

Poverty had held me back for weeks, but I finally went in there and bought stuff -- a necklace, a patch, a sticker and one of those Wool & Hoop crewel kits -- I'm very excited about the place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
choirgirl
melodramatic photographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005 06:52:30 AM »

So, I'm so excited to check this place out! I've been lamenting the lack of such independent-minded shops in this city lately. Now I know what I'm doing this weekend...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennyw
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005 06:56:51 AM »

I know, it's great. Like I said, all I need now is a good independent bookstore, and I'd be in bliss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ayisha

my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005 08:25:59 AM »

I really want to go visit this place too... except that I'm waaaaay out on the east side and don't get to Clintonville much.  What sucks is that a few years ago I lived friggin' right there on Pacemont, I know exactly where the place is  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy shop = http://ayisha.etsy.com/  . . .  ebay id = ayishaj  . . .  LJ = http://ayishaj.livejournal.com/
jennyw
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005 08:36:17 AM »

Ah, make a weekend trip of it! There's also the Pattycake bakery right across from Cup O' Joe (at the corner of High and Tulane), which has yummy vegan baked goods.

Oh, and my friend told me last night that Wholly Craft's hours are now noon to 8 p.m.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ayisha

my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005 11:19:28 AM »

i went - cute little place!  i didn't buy anything tho, but i signed up for the newsletter.  the owner said they were eventually going to have classes and whatnot, which is pretty sweet.  we didn't stop by pattycake, since my boyfriend was bent on going to benevolence for tofu sandwiches... and they turned out to be closed sundays  Cry  we ended up with a pint of jeni's ice cream tho so it all worked out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy shop = http://ayisha.etsy.com/  . . .  ebay id = ayishaj  . . .  LJ = http://ayishaj.livejournal.com/
jennyw
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005 11:32:59 AM »

I'm so glad they're planning on classes -- I was thinking it would be cool if they did something like that. I'll hafta snoop around and find out more.

After ogling Pattycake for weeks, I finally went there this weekend and got one of the biggest, most delish chocolate cupcakes (vegan or no) EVER. My boyfriend, who is a meat-eater and who loves the most unhealthy foods under the sun, got a carrot cake cupcake and loved it, too.

I've heard Benevolence's tofu sandwiches are good, but I love their big salad so much I can never bring myself to get anything else. Happily, the co-op by my house sells their salad dressing now. It's sooo good.

And Jeni's is tasty, too. I always have a hard time deciding what to get.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lissalush
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005 12:44:44 AM »

I'm in Dayton, but I am sort of familiar with Clintonville...is this close to RagORama? It sounds great. Has anyone who has been there talked to them about selling items there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Camera Settings For Panoramic Stitching
In choosing a Digital Camera do Megapixels matter?
Photography and the Green Screen
Motion Capture Texturing Tutorial
3D Editing Systems Review
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...