A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,354
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: web hosting  (Read 1480 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dotty_gem

I'm a yorkshire lass! ee by eck!

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2004 01:35:45 PM »

Hi i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about starting a website??? I am kinda clueless!! I have briefly read other posts about web hosting but they mainly seem to be based in the US and I wasn't sure if it worked differently in the Uk (hence putting this here!!) HEHE sorry for my general stupidity but I really want to set up but I just don't know where to start!! Any help would be great, any help at all or even just a hello from a fellow British crafter!!!!
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neany

So let your hips do the talking

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004 05:51:42 AM »

Well I've not done it yet but I will be soon and I've been wondering the same thing. I'm going to talk to my brother about it as he's my net expert much to his annoyance Wink but right now I can't get hold of him. As soon as I do and if I get a good answer from him I'll let you know (unless someone else has done it by then of course!)

I've also been wondering about the whole paypal thing now they have a European division.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucy_uk
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004 09:47:58 AM »

Hiya,

Thinking this thread might be of use http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=3287.0 - hope that works (if not it is on this england board - "anyone know anything about velnet.co.uk")  Grin

After finding out about Supanames I bought my domain and hosting from them, and all is ok so far. I have the email up and running but not anything hosting yet - they are a really good price and even include a free .co.uk domain name! Also the few queries I have had they have been really quick with responding! I'd definatley recommend them.

Still be interested in any other tips from anyone tho  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Coming soon.... Gorgeous modern handmade greeting cards & other goodies...
http://www.dottyrocks.com
Debzy

I'm a Scouser!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004 11:05:41 AM »

i, too, am in 'the process'  Grin

i'm thinking of using www.homestead.com... they're an american site but us UK plebs can still use them... just pay by credit card.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
-George Bernard Shaw
neany

So let your hips do the talking

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004 12:01:52 PM »

I'm just going through them now and comparing with the one my brother suggested which is http://123reg.co.uk/host.shtml, they have web hosting from 1.59 a month which seems pretty good
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpaceCraft
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004 01:54:06 AM »

Hi i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about starting a website??? I am kinda clueless!! I have briefly read other posts about web hosting but they mainly seem to be based in the US and I wasn't sure if it worked differently in the Uk (hence putting this here!!) HEHE sorry for my general stupidity but I really want to set up but I just don't know where to start!! Any help would be great, any help at all or even just a hello from a fellow British crafter!!!!
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

well I don't really know much about web hosting tbh, but you said you wanted a "hello from a fellow british crafter" so...

HELLOOOOOOOO!!!

sorry about the random post. just felt it had to be done Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
From Nice to Naughty: Emma Roberts for the 2014 Elkin LookBook
VF NEWS: Donna Karan Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
Tips And Tricks To Maintaining A Youthful Look, From Bobbie Thomas
Bobbie Thomas With Marlo Thomas
How to Lock Your Lashes in Place
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...