A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
804 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Loving food, but trying SOOO HARD to lose weight!!!  (Read 3232 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005 09:35:35 AM »

i work the checkout of a grocery store, and sometimes after work i'll buy stuff that i saw people buy just because it looked good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allie-loki
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005 09:52:56 AM »

another good tip i got from my trainer: keep a food diary.

write down what/when and how much you eat. after a week or so of doing this you might come to realize that you eat way more than you need to. i was shocked to realize that all the gum, mints, sweeteners and creamer (in my tea/coffee), and diet pop add up at the end of the day; it would often come up to 50-60+ calories. ok so its not a lot but 60 calories worth of fake sugars a day? what a wake up call that was. i hardly use fake sweeteners or drink diet pop anymore and i consume a lot less gum and mints than i used to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chainsaw_mclusky
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005 12:05:53 PM »

What I know is that I have no concept of portion control. I know that I eat healthy foods for the most part, but I eat too many and too much all at once.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mintbamboo
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005 12:11:54 PM »

apparently, walking for 10 minutes right before you eat will speed up your metabolism (as opposed to walking right after you eat).

aslo, gets lots of phyisical activity. even if its not going to the gym 5 times a week or anything, go for lots of walks, jogs, ect. some exercise is better than none (and im not saying you dont exercise, im just trying to be general).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
laureg

*alchemist extraordinaire*

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005 12:36:27 PM »

What I know is that I have no concept of portion control. I know that I eat healthy foods for the most part, but I eat too many and too much all at once.

isn't that the truth!!!  Undecided

i got some helpful advice from a  dietician. she told me that if you're eating good-quality foods, your body's nutritional requirements are met long before a person can start to feel full. it's because portion sizes are out of whack everywhere. a supersized this and that, a reastaurant meal that is in reality- enough to feed two people.

once i actually started to pay attention to this stuff- a standard bagel is on average 4-5 servings of bread, one serving of meat is the size of your palm, one serving of potato salad is the size of a small scoop of ice cream, 3 tbsp of peanut butter is the size of a golf ball, a large apple is actually 2 servings of fruit, etc, etc. i was shocked! she also advised that i drink at least one big glass of water with my meals, so i'm not feeling hungry and needing to over-eat. if i want some potato chips, fine, but measure a few out in a small bowl and when it's gone, it's gone.

i found these tips actually made me pay more attention to how and what i ate, and how it relates to my energy levels, how i feel during the day (sluggish or not, etc.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are not the boss of me
decibel
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005 01:05:59 PM »

Ugh! I feel your pain! I am obsessed with food. On most of my lunch breaks from work I drive to one of the nearby fancier grocery stores and just walk up and down the aisles checking out the amazing things you can buy these days. Yesterday was the grand opening of a Whole Foods right around the corner from where my parents work and I have already been there 3 times!

OMG I DO THAT, TOO!!!! I also make future mental shopping lists for stuff that I want to buy, but can't afford at the time!!! I am such a dork. Tongue

Me too! It's so not a healthy behaviour. I am obsessing about food. I look at food, I think about food and obviously eat too much of it. Tongue
Yeah, I got friends, a love and a pretty decent life all in all. I guess I just grew older, lazier and started to eat differently. And I seem to have stopped all forms of excercise!? I've gained a LOT of weight over the last year, I'm not even fluffy-cute anymore, I'm chunky-uncomfortable! Shocked

Anyone up for a LOSE-WEIGHT-ALONG? Smiley (Seriously?)

So, here's my great plan, that will get me ready for beach 2006. Haha!

I'm planning on starting out with the CAMBRIDGE DIET for a couple of weeks/months, and then keep losing some pounds AND learn to eat healthily through the WEIGHT WATCHERS method (or "plate method"). Ofcourse I have to start excercising again, I'm thinking of swimming and power yoga.

I am aware that CD is seen as a "radical" diet by some, but I have read up on it, it is thoroughly tested, and I know all the pros AND possible cons by now.
Also, a friend of mine lost almost 80 pounds in less than 6 months  Shocked with that method, and she looks and feels great! So inspiring!
I want that speedy start, a boost! (I should get them to sponsor me, the way I go on about their methods)
I also did lose weight before through Weight Watchers, and it worked great (I lost 18 kilos = 35 pounds?). That's a long time ago, and much have happened in my life since then - I've grown bigger, hehe! Soooo, anyone with me? Anyone of you wise Craftsters have any advice?

I'd love a LOSE-WEIGHT-ALONG. For real! (We could do craft-instead-of-eat alongs! Wink)

Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eyes of summer

"We are all just prisoners here of our own device"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005 01:19:53 PM »

I'd love a LOSE-WEIGHT-ALONG. For real! (We could do craft-instead-of-eat alongs! Wink)

ooh, good idea!

Also, i have to stress:  exercise is key. Walk, join a gym, sign up for dance classes or kickboxing classes...try to find something you like, and stick with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some things in this world are invisible, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

my crafty blog: http://www.eyesofsummer.blogspot.com/
tamagotchi
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005 02:13:09 PM »

Ohhh, me too!  I love to eat more than ANYTHING.  Going out to eat at a new restaurant is like christmas come early for me.

I hear that soup (not the creamy kind!) is really good for losing weight, because it fills you up but doesn't have very much fat in it.  Liquids in general are good - if I'm feeling a little hungry I'll try to have a glass of juice instead of eating snacks.  I would also suggest trying out foods from other cultures.  Japanese food, for example, is tasty but fairly low in fat.  I would also try to eat more fish and raw fruits and vegetables.  Only eat things you REALLY like.  I tend to eat things just because I like to eat, not even because I like them.  Another idea is to try and cut out fatty ingredients, like cheese, when you're making a meal.  That's all I can think of just now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
Knit Picker
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2005 02:21:05 PM »

Lose-weight-along?

Man, do I need to get into this.  Count me in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005 02:51:25 PM »

Lose-weight-along?

Man, do I need to get into this.  Count me in!

Oh, cool! Me too Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Trends Match Your Style
Denim on Denim Trend
Wearing Summery Gray
Find the Perfect Jeans for Your Body
How to Shop an Outlet
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...