A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Tiny Thing Swap - CLOSED (you guys are wicked-fast!)  (Read 17921 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2005 05:20:23 AM »

I LIKE it loves2! You are a nut!

I'm a nut, I'm a nut, I'm a nut! *singsong voice*

Loves2, what does "done crafting" feel like?  LOL  If there's not one waiting to jump into my hands ones gets started real quick!

The only project that I have on hand (not counting ones that I've abandoned or ones that I have to get started on!) is a sweater.  Yep...it's my first one and it's taking a long, long, long time.  Estimated completion date: Winter 2006?

I don't use this phrase much, but - holy crap!!!  Starpiste, if my single tiny element preview is any indication, you are getting one of the COOLEST things EVER From Loves2!!!

I love you guys - this is so fun!

My tiny part of the 'one tiny thing' has made you blaspheme?!?  I guess that's high praise indeed, eh?  Aw, thanks Wink  I'm sure everyone here loves you too *sniffle*  Yeah, this is a blast!

Oooo... I am 100% intrigued with your description of Loves2's treasure!! Shocked  Can't wait to see it!!

Yeah, Princess left plenty of instructions around.  heheh  Wink Kiss  'sok, I follow directions well.

Writer78 was just being inordinately kind with her words Wink  I can't wait to see everybody's projects!

Whew!  princessandthebead, you're lucky that Fidget knows how to follow directions.  I, for one, can't follow directions (and would probably challege the validity of the directions) if my life depended on it...Sad

THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2014
CraftyZary
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2005 06:36:24 AM »

I finally made it to the mail today.  Yesterday I did not make it on time, I arrived to the post office 2 minutes late and of course it was already closed and dark (yes, the german way  Cheesy) but today I made it!

So, writer78, your ONE (yes, I respect the rule) tiny thing for the swap is already on the way to you. It is just one, and it is tiny, but I hope you like it! At least it passed a tough proof = my husband liked it very much, and that says a lot! Cheesy

I can not wait to see everyone else's tiny things (ha, that sounds dirty but it is not meant dirty!) I am sure that everyone did wonderful.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2005 09:27:16 AM »

CraftyZary, looking forward to seeing your craft! 

Yes, the Husband Test is important.  Mostly mine just nods and says, "Uh-huh" or something equally noncommittal about what I've done.  The ******** for Princessandthebead actually got a, "Well, now that's cute!" out of him.   Cheesy

Seeing everyone's tiny things doesn't sound so dirty to me;  at least you didn't call 'em naughty bits.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
starpiste
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2005 10:30:09 AM »

writer - your enthusiasm about what has been made for me is very exciting.

I have a confession about what I'm making for Loves2 though....I have not started it yet!!!! I have a really good reason though. On Thursday I found out a craft event I'm going to tomorrow includes a workshop on techniques of the the craft I'm doing. So I decided to put my crafting for this project on hold to see if I  pick up any great new techniques or supplies there. I was thinking of making one now and then maybe sending a second one but that would be breaking our rules so very much so I'm waiting. I do have all the supplies I will need should I not get anything new tomorrow though and I will be able to send on time. I just figured if I can make my craft better I should wait.

oh, writer, is there a gallery set up yet? this threads been moving so fast I may have missed a link to it but I don't want to miss out on a single tiny-thing picture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2005 10:36:13 AM »

I can't believe that this has only been going on for 5 days.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
Writer78
« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2005 10:56:08 AM »

Thanks for checking in, Starpiste!!  I know you'll take good care of Loves2 with your craft.  One suggestion I made to Nushy was to go ahead and make two things, if you wish, and then just send the one you think is better.  Then you end up with a spare craft to keep for yourself or to give in another swap.

Yes, there is a gallery.  The link is in my first post on page 1 of this thread.  We should hear of arrivals any time now, so pictures should be appearing soon!

Also, I just sent to CraftyZary - wahoo!!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #226 on: October 15, 2005 11:27:21 AM »

Yay for CraftyZary!  It must have been tough, being partnered with Writer78 Wink

starpiste, I hope you didn't mind me giving Writer78 a sneak preview of one tiny part of your one tiny thing.  I wanted to make sure that I was on the right track!  Have fun attending the craft event.  I can't wait to see what you've decided to create for me!   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2014
Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #227 on: October 15, 2005 06:03:59 PM »

I have a confession about what I'm making for Loves2 though....I have not started it yet!!!!
I have not started either! I had midterms this week so I was a tad bit busy, but now I am home on fall break where I have better access to craft supplies so it will be started tomorrow, woo. With all this praise going around for the awesome stuff already done I have swap jitters before even starting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #228 on: October 16, 2005 08:42:10 PM »

"'Twas the Night Before Monday, and all through this house, not a 'one tiny thing' crafter was stirring, not even a mouse"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2014
Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: October 16, 2005 09:13:53 PM »

"'Twas the Night Before Monday, and all through this house, not a 'one tiny thing' crafter was stirring, not even a mouse"
Wrong-o, my friend! Grin I was busy doing a nun's stitch around the edge of a needlebook and decided to rest my eyes and see what's happening on the boards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 3/9
How to Crochet a Cross Cable Pattern Part 4/4
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 4/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 1/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 5/9
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...