A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Tiny Thing Swap - CLOSED (you guys are wicked-fast!)  (Read 18124 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Writer78
« on: October 05, 2005 05:53:17 AM »

Swap name:   One Tiny Thing Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:   Writer78
Sign-up date range:  October 5-October 10 OR 12 people, whichever comes first
Date to send item by:  October 20

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):  12 (it's all I can commit to wrangling - if you miss out, PLEASE don't hesitate to start a Round 2)

Non-U.S. participants allowed?  Yes

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All ages

Details of swap:
The idea is to make one (just one, no more, no less) tiny craft item.  It should be physically small (miniatures are encouraged) and should be something that you can craft with a high level of skill.  Even if it is a fairly simple/easy item for you to make, please embellish or perfect it so that it best represents your skill.  (For example, if you wish to make a coin purse, I encourage you to embroider, add beading, or take other steps to make it a really special piece.)

You will receive only one partner.  You may only send that partner ONE tiny craft - "extras" are not allowed in this swap.  (Partly because it can be embarrassing to receive more than you sent, and partly because this will force you to put all of your creative energy into make one really stellar, tiny craft.)  The idea behind this swap is to give you a simple, low-pressure craft swap that won't stress you out or cost a lot to ship.

How do you know if your idea is "tiny?"  Examples:  A coin purse is tiny; a clutch purse is not.  A pair of earrings is tiny; a necklace, earrings, and bracelet set is not.  A trinket box is tiny; a pencil box is not.  An ATC (artist trading card) is tiny; a full-size drawing is not.  A pair of small barrettes is tiny; one large barrette is tiny; a selection of barrettes is not.  (If you're not sure if your idea qualifies as "tiny," ask me!)

DETAILS OF FEEDBACK:  Because this is a very simple swap, I am giving you just 10 days from partner assignments to mailing.  You may very well finish early and want to send right away.  ANYONE WHO HAS NOT PM'ED ME TO CONFIRM THEIR SHIPPING BY OCT. 20 WILL GET NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON OCT. 21.  Once you do come through after 10/20, I will change to Positive, but I expect to be out of town that weekend, so you could be stuck on Negative for the whole weekend if you have not sent by 10/20.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap   One Tiny Thing Swap
Craftster username 
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?

What kind of tiny things would you like to receive?  (Please list as many as you can think of, but please also note if there is one that you especially hope to receive)

What kind of tiny things can you craft?  (Please only list crafts that you know you can accomplish with a high level of skill.)

What else would you like to tell you partner?  (Please be sure to include any restrictions, such as no animal byproducts, religious symbol preferences, etc.)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

SWAP DUOS: (If your name is in red, you have sent and are awaiting delivery; if your name is in green, your partner received and you have positive feedback)

Writer78 <-------> CraftyZary
cortag04 <--------> radioactivecrafter
ttchica78 <-------> Flareon
The Meow Wont Purr <------> Nushybum
sporkx71<---------> aliciasjoy
loves2experiment <---------> starpiste
princessandthebead <-------> fidget

Swap gallery is here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=57919.0
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005 10:40:28 AM by Writer78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005 08:55:59 AM »

I really, really, really wanna do this but I'm waiting for feedback on my first swap.  Hopefully, I'll get clearance from my swap organizer before the signups close.  If not, I'm willing to bet a toe (well...not mine...) that there'll be Round 2 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2014
Writer78
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005 09:04:26 AM »

loves2, I would suggest shooting a PM to your organizer (if you haven't already) and asking her about getting feedback quickly (assuming your package has reached your partner).  We've got 5 people so far, and the swap has just been up a few hours, so if this trend continues, it looks like we will fill up fast.  I'd love to get you in if I can!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005 09:58:39 AM »

I signed up!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005 09:59:57 AM »

loves2, I would suggest shooting a PM to your organizer (if you haven't already) and asking her about getting feedback quickly (assuming your package has reached your partner).  We've got 5 people so far, and the swap has just been up a few hours, so if this trend continues, it looks like we will fill up fast.  I'd love to get you in if I can!

Writer78, I did send a pm to my swap organizer with a request for feedback when you mentioned that you are limiting the signups to 12 participants Smiley  However, there are 36 participants in the swap I participated in and it would be unfair (and perhaps even unreasonable) to expect her to do me the favor of posting an early feedback Smiley  Hence, when I sent her a pm, I did add that if it's too much of a hassle, to simply disregard my request Smiley  I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2014
craftymomof2banks

Follow me on facebook! Link is below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005 10:25:41 AM »

I signed up, I just finished a swap, does this keep me from joining? I don't think I have any feedback. How do I check on this?  Anyway, hope I get in.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005 11:02:15 AM »

Pibbgirl, I'll make an exception on DC #'s for flat mail.  The guy at the post office told me that they can't do a DC if the envelope is thin enough to be processed by the machine; if it's bulky and needs to be hand-stamped, then they'll do it.

So, everybody, the rule is this: if you are sending internationally, no DC required.  If you are sending a flat envelope, please ask at the post office for a DC#.  If the post office refuses, then just tell me so in your PM.  If you are mailing in the US and your package is large/bulky enough for a DC, please don't skip it - it costs around 50 cents and is valuable proof-of-mailing in case your package goes astray.

Loves2, I think asking for that feedback was perfectly fine; the organizer will certainly understand, and adding feedback takes no time at all.  If your partner has received by now and reported back to your organizer, then all I need is either a "Positive" in your feedback or a PM from your organizer saying you're good to go on a new swap.

craftymom, I'm confused - there is no swap listed in your profile.  (Click the "Profile" button and scroll down, and you'll see an empty table where swap participation should be listed.)  What swap were you in, and who was the organizer?  I will need to get clarification and approval from her in order to add you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005 11:33:20 AM »

Cool idea - already in too many swaps for Oct. but will be watching  Grin
Now if there is a round II........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005 11:39:26 AM »

Wow, more than half the spaces taken....

Woosh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005 12:06:28 PM »

Loves2, I think asking for that feedback was perfectly fine; the organizer will certainly understand, and adding feedback takes no time at all.  If your partner has received by now and reported back to your organizer, then all I need is either a "Positive" in your feedback or a PM from your organizer saying you're good to go on a new swap.

My partner did send me a pm to let me know that she has received my package...and she also posted pictures of the stuff I sent her in the swap gallery.  Now, I'm keeping my toes crossed too Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Winter Market 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Boutonniere
How to Make a Faux-Agate Pendant
How to Crochet a Spring Fling Pillow: Basic Outline
How to Make a Succulent Centerpiece
Embellishing Knit Scarves
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...