A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,774
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: can you sell a handmade bag/purse with licensed fabric???  (Read 1976 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rr
« on: October 04, 2005 07:48:43 PM »

can you sell a handmade bag/purse with licensed fabric??? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KCGal
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005 08:17:11 PM »

Gosh, that's an interesting question.  I hope some clever person from the craftster universe can give you a good answer!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janetsjunk
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005 02:39:53 PM »

I would maybe ask someone at a local fabric store or something.  They may know.  I seem to remember that someone told me that most of it is licensed and you can't do it without paying license fee's.  Maybe email one of the fabric sellers online?  Hancock?

And please let us know if you find out.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005 09:54:46 PM »

licensed fabrics like munki-munki fabric? is that what you mean?

you're not allowed to, if what i'm asking is correct. you can only use the fabric for personal use. otherwise i have no idea, sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
janetsjunk
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005 06:25:09 AM »

I just wonder if everyone is doing it illegally then....because people do it all the time.  I wonder how many are caught and what the consequences are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ITZA
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005 08:21:01 AM »

Check out this site.  This lady sells licensed fabric items on ebay.  One might say that this is a gal who fought the law and won.  She gives some tips and advice on how she did it.

http://www.tabberone.com/

This might give you some food for thought.

Deb
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaami

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005 02:31:22 PM »

man, that's one rough site to look at!

maybe m&m's are licensed differently? some companies are licensed to exclusive limits or something, like the munkimunki stuff i mentioned before. say for instance, you can purchase their fabric and make some pj's out of them, and you could visit their website and buy the same pair, but munkimunki's online store is the only place that can sell them... if that makes sense? or amy butler. you can buy her fabric, make some things out of it as long as they are not exactly her patterns and material or you market them under her name, and you can sell the item. where as you can purchase m&m fabric  or items just about anywhere on the planet...

i really don't know how it all works, licensing is confusing! i think conglomerates and monopolies and branding all has to do with whether or not you can or can't sell a certain item. but don't take my word for it! it's just a guess. (also extremely confusing.)  Embarrassed

the best bet might to be contacting whoever makes the fabric directly.
hopefully you can get the information you're looking for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

ITZA
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005 04:50:40 PM »

Try this one.  I think the info I meant to send you is here:

http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/trademarks.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaami

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005 05:17:33 PM »

Try this one.  I think the info I meant to send you is here:

http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/trademarks.html

i guess i'm not seeing how this helps the info? all this person/people have done is file lawsuit after lawsuit against major corporations. i can't be bothered reading it, maybe that's why it's not making sense to me. i don't know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ITZA
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005 10:14:46 PM »

Since you don't have time to read it, I will summarize it for you.

They were sued by companies with licensed fabrics.  They have been sued or sent letters of intent to sue my many companies such as Disney, NFL, MLB, Nascar, King, Shabby Chic, etc. 

Taberone is not an attorney.  She is just one gal at home sewing her little fingers to the bone and selling her products online and at shows, etc.  She did the research and outlines her research in her website.  She filed countersuits, researched the law, fought these big companies in court and won all of the battles involving companies with licensed fabrics.

That is what the website explains and it goes on to tell others how to win IF and when they are sued or receive letters from companies with licensed fabrics.  She quotes court cases and legal documents that she has taken the time to research and write up to share with others who want to sell products with licensed fabrics.  It is her experience and she shares her knowledge with anyone who wants it or needs it.

So if you don't have the time or are not so inclined to read it, I suggest you bookmark it for future reference.  I hope you never need to use the info on those pages, but if you do, you will have it readily available and can save yourself a lot of hassel, grief and legal fees.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Short-Hair Shortcuts
Vanessa Hudgens Wavy Hair Tutorial
How to Do a Formal Hair Get-Up
How to Create The Hive Hairstyle
How to Create a Pinup Hair Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...