A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,465
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Creative Writing Swap Gallery *EDITED with progress info 10/31!*  (Read 3279 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

evilwench
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005 12:07:37 AM »

well sedna+ got my pkg... and since she doesn't have a way to post pics, I'll post the ones I took before it went out Cheesy

Here's everything all laid out together... the set includes; a journal, recovered in handmade paper (in one of her fav colors, blue). a set of creative writing exercise cards, in their very own box. a collection of 976 words, in a blue velvet pouch (for inspiration Cheesy). and a "creative writing altar", also in her fav colors, blue & silver.

this is the inside of the journal... sedna+ is a bio major, so I altered a diagram of "the structure of dna" & rewrote it as "the structure of story";

here's a closeup on the set of creative writing exercises...

and the "words of inspiration", spilling out of their bag...

and last (but not least) a closeup of the front of the altar (it was hard to shoot, 'cause I painted the back with silver, and the flash got REALLY reflective lol)... the statue is the hindu goddess, Sarasvati. She's the goddess of all arts: music, painting, sculpture, dance, and writing. She is credited with presenting the gift of writing to mankind so that her songs could be written down and preserved.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2005 12:13:41 AM by evilwench » THIS ROCKS   Logged

In my dreams I can fly
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005 03:02:54 AM »

I want an altar like that, I want an altar like that! (and I'm not even in this swap o_O)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005 06:30:35 AM »

This stuff looks fabulous!  I especially love the fortune cookies (so cute!) and the exercise cards (gorgeous pictures!).  Nice work, ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005 10:37:16 AM »

oh my, I think I may have to send my person a second package, my stuff was sadly lacking compared to everyone else's.  I guess I got craftster's block while putting it together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiwitart
Angry Pixie

Writing is like butterfly soup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005 04:41:04 PM »

Goodness, such lovely things. I'm feeling a bit self concious about the things I'm sending now. haha, also kind of posting so I remember this thread exists.  Grin I'm forgetful like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cejaypi
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005 07:16:11 PM »

those fortune cookies rock Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cejaypi
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005 07:22:33 PM »

Well virus_insanity said she received (and thankfully liked!!) and said I could go ahead and post pics...

I made her a muse doll (with dreadlocks!! and own writing utensil!!!), a crocheted "thinking cap", a poem journal, and fountain pens! I had a lot of fun with this swap  Smiley

These were just little fun things I threw in - don't really have a name for 'em

THIS ROCKS   Logged
virus_insanity

your one and only virus girl

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005 09:05:50 PM »

I took pictures of the the items that I got from cejaypi, also.  Alot of close ups of the muse (my favorite thing!!!!) and some pictures of me with the hat on (I love it!).  My computer won't let me load the pictures onto it, so I'm going to have to figure out how to do that, and once I do I'll post up more pictures!  I LOVED what I received.  I just sent out today, so hopefully everything will get there soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need cds by these people burn for me! THE PIMPS,Rasputina,My Ruin,Scarling,Switchblade Symphony,Concrete Blonde,The Dresden Dolls,Jack off Jill,Tapping the Vein,Darling Violetta,Kidneythieves,Lacuna Coil,Collide,Rhea's Obsession,Lennon,Tura Satana,Genitorturers,Hungry Lucy,Deathgirl.com,Chaiasm
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2005 10:10:31 AM »

That "thinking cap" is FABULOUS!  What a great idea!  People's creativity just blows me away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2005 11:26:22 AM »

This stuff looks great!  I've been lacking inspiration lately...too bad I missed this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Godzilla - Pixelmator
How to Create a Blurred Background - Pixelmator
How to Create a Glossy Menu - Pixelmator
How to Create Wavy Lines - Illustrator
How to Create Brushes Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...