A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new site-feedback?  (Read 3450 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Crafty Jule
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2004 03:40:40 PM »

Hi! I think your products are real cute & look to be well made. 
The pink is a bit strong. But personaly I like the buttons you made,Ii think they are cute & quirky ...it works for the product.

The 2 other thingds that i see are on the bottom of the second page there isn;t a link to the 3rd, & a lot of the purses don't have measurments listed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slurpymundae

qu'est-ce que fack?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004 08:19:48 PM »

I will admit, I'm also kind of turned off by the MS Paint graphics, but BELIEVE ME, i use MS Paint all the time, and it is a wonderful, yet misunderstood, program. It's my companion to Adobe Photoshop 7, and I use both of them often. I agree that a more polished look would make the customer believe the your maturity and authority as a creator and it would also reflect better on the quality of your bags. I love the bags, but I do agree that some look washed out because of the colours. Now, I wouldn't say to scrap the pink and yellow if you like it, because after all, it is YOUR SITE. I just believe that a white background against the images of your purses will complement the designs and colors in your wares better. Pink and yellow and bright colour everything you want, except for backgrounds around those images of your wares. Smiley Now I'm not sure if it's my place to say this, but I think that maybe cleaning up the spelling and language and grammar and whatnot will really clean up the site too and make people believe that you are a true businesswoman. Maybe I'm just saying that because I'm heading into my 2nd year of University in an English-based area, I'm highly critical like that. So perhaps ignore that comment, unless other people notice that all the spelling and grammar errors are bothering them too, for one reason or another, and driving them away from buying your bags.

If you are processing orders through e-mail requests (which I see that you are) rather than through Paypal or any other such program, you should make it more simple. The simpler, the better. A form would be a great option. You can find lots of free scripts for mailing forms just by typing it into a search engine. Perhaps you could have a drop down menu with the names of all your wares, plus one for custom orders, and have a section for their comments or descriptions of custom items, and have their e-mail address there too. That way, they can simply fill out the form, press 'Submit', and they're on their way to having a bag from you! Forms are tricky to configure and such, but I'd at least look into it if I were you. People are lazy; the easier you make ordering, the more likely they are to order. Best of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"need less, use less, we're asking for too much, i guess... i know, i know you've tried to change things. i know." -metric
mizswim4him

yeah whatever..

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004 07:53:53 AM »

I think that it is fair.  I  would definately change the links.  Looking professional is very hard, but you have to in order to succeed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuckyDuct
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004 01:10:31 PM »

wow thanks everyone! i really appreciate all of your suggestions, and will try to fix as many as those things as possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuckyDuct
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004 07:17:43 PM »

OK buttons have been changed, along with many other details. is it better?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rahrah

meow, meow, purrrrr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2004 08:53:40 PM »

I never saw your original website. I just wanted to say that I think your bags are extremely creative!
Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

illustration & other creative endeavours,
visit me
www.deborahmerlo.co m
glccafar
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2004 05:38:16 AM »

The colors of your site blinded me.  I clicked away immediately and never even saw your product.  Shallow?  Perhaps.  True?  Yep. 
Good luck with your business! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuckyDuct
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2004 07:27:16 AM »

noooo i love my colors!!! i'm sorry, but if you're blinded, you're blinded. sigh.  i realize that im getting a lot of guff for it, but i just cant bring myself to change it. some day....perhaps in the near future...ill mull it over.  and Mysticalself...pert tty necklaces, not so pertty website? its not offensive or anything, but the flowers and colors just don't really do it for me! sorry if thats harsh, but i figure if everone else is telling the truth....ohh this is fun. ok thanks again everyone. keep 'em coming.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004 07:37:11 AM by LuckyDuct » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Garbage Collector

Are we there yet?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2004 07:20:54 PM »

I like your colors!!  They actually work with the look of your purses (the strong packaging graphics with bold colors).  Probably the people who don't like the website colors won't like the purse colors either ... ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuckyDuct
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2004 08:32:37 AM »

finally someone who likes my colors!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Budge-Proof Makeup in 3 Easy Steps
Top 5 Winter Makeup Trends
How to Wear Bright Lipstick
Quick Tips for a Polished and Professional Makeup
Easy Mirror-Free Makeup Touch-Ups
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...