A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new site-feedback?  (Read 3569 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LuckyDuct
« on: May 04, 2004 06:29:28 PM »

ok, so I just finished making a new website for my purses, and was wondering if it looked good?? I know there are still some broken links and stuff I need to add and change, but overall? THANK YOUUUUU. http://www.luckyduct.com

-RAchel
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joeyjojo666

Long Live Godzilla.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004 04:35:06 PM »

That was one dang cute/cool site you have missy! I am in awe of your talent. It's a very user friendly site.

-Joey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my latest stuff visit my Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=727

Also featured at:
http://www.ilikeseamonsters.com/catalog/
LuckyDuct
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004 03:53:14 PM »

Hi all. so a few weeks ago i made a whole new website, and a couple days ago i switched around the layout of the purses. does it look somewhat professional?  any suggestions are welcome. thanks!!!!
-rachel
http://www.luckyduct.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dahlea
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004 09:58:48 PM »

I like the colors of your site, but I'll tell you, when your page first loaded, I was really turned off by your links at the top of the page. Things on Paint or whatever program that was definitely don't look professional. If I was a random shopper who happened across your page, I really wouldn't like that. Other than that, you have really good product. That's my only complaint about your page!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grossholes
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004 11:00:31 AM »

I like the colors of your site, but I'll tell you, when your page first loaded, I was really turned off by your links at the top of the page. Things on Paint or whatever program that was definitely don't look professional. If I was a random shopper who happened across your page, I really wouldn't like that. Other than that, you have really good product. That's my only complaint about your page!

i really beg to differ with you.. i have a whole website based on stupid ms paint shit! (www.geocities.com/grossholes).. i think the paint program is a wonderful misunderstood program.. why does a website need to look professional in the first place? looks pretty dandy to me  :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I only like pwincesses.
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004 11:17:05 AM »

why does a website need to look professional in the first place?
If it's just your personal website, it doesn't.  But if you're setting up a website as a shop, it should be professional looking.  Why?  Because the website is all that potential customers have to go by in evaluating you.  If it doesn't *look* professional, they may think that you don't run your business in a professional way, too.  And so they'll be less likely to trust you with their money and credit card info.  Just like if you had a store that was messy looking.  They may assume that if your website looks sloppy, you are a sloppy person who is sloppy in business dealings.

LuckyDuct, I think that particularly since a lot of your stuff is recycled/repurposed you need to give the impression that you are detail oriented and putting out a quality product.   Because if something made out of trash is done sloppily, it looks like trash rather than like a cool reinvention of   a consumer item, you know?  I think everything else about your site is great and has that polished look you need, but I agree with dahlea that you should change those buttons. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grossholes
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004 02:29:46 PM »

in all honesty, ive never gone to a website and thought "i dont like the way they didnt use a professional program to make the layout of their site, theres no way in hell im buying this stuff". thats kind of like looking at a person on the street, eyeing out their clothes, hair, and facial features, and judging them on their capabilities as a person.. i guess all around it just depends on the person.  the buttons are fun if you ask me, the only problem with them would be the fact that it was saved in a .jpg format which gave it that kind of dusty around the edges look to them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I only like pwincesses.
mew
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004 04:28:04 PM »

This is probably just personal preference, but I think the colour scheme is a bit strong.
The problem with that is that the bright fuschia and other colours end up making all the photos look rather washed out and rather grungy.
If you want the colours of the products to stand out and look better, then I'd suggest a more subdued background.

it was saved in a .jpg format which gave it that kind of dusty around the edges look

I have never heard of that, unless the compression on the jpgs is really high and you're sacrificing that much quality for file size. Newer software can compensate by having specific "save for web" type options that cut down file sizes without quite that strange look.
 What other options are there really? .gif has only 256 colours, .png isn't supported by most browsers, and many other options are just far too large in file size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuckyDuct
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004 06:17:51 PM »

oh wow thanks everyone. Grassholes- best site ever! i was trying to go for that whole paint shop coolness-look, but i guess not everyone thinks its good. maybe by saving them .gif's or something i'll find a happy medium. and thanks everyone else, this really helps me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beebidollz

and the green grass grows all around

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004 02:30:34 PM »

i agree with melidomi ( i believe i spelled it correctly) it needs to look professional. potential customers judge your site when they first go on it.
if your selling things, its much more important.
and yes.. the color scheme hurts my eyes.. a color like fushia should be used to accent things / should be used sparingly...
just a thought
THIS ROCKS   Logged

werd....
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Bacon and Mozzarella Omelete
How to Make Apple Pancakes
KD101: Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli
Family-Owned Soul Food Restaurant Visited by Celebs & Politicians
Richard Blais’ 10-Minute Chicken Dinner
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...