A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
763 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: danglies for stretched ears  (Read 2694 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kimmykat420
« on: October 03, 2005 07:29:22 PM »

i recently stretched my lobes up to a 4g, but got a little sad over the fact that i couldn't wear any of my dangly earrings. so this is what i came up w/ to fix that problem. they fit perfectly through my 4g tunnels, but i don't think they would fit well in anything smaller.

thanks for looking! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Flowers are the sex organs of plants. Who thought it'd be romantic to castrate plants?!"

"You may control my mind, but you'll never control my ass!"

SPEND YOUR MONEY, BUY MY STUFF!
www.punkymompirate. etsy.com
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005 07:31:09 PM »

Someone was posting a question about doing that earlier...or was that you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005 07:34:30 PM »

awesome idea! i am actually planning on getting my ears stretched just a little smaller than yours. do you know how big that would be?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
Carleigh_who else
Carleigh...and I'm out

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005 07:38:27 PM »

I posted about that earlier...But there have been a lot of people who have so it probably wasn't me. I still can't find anything for mine!!!! You're look really good though!! Everything falls out of mine.. Undecided That is the only thing bad about having mine so big, but other than that I AM IN LOVE WITH MY BIG EAR HOLES! haha.. Mine are at 3/4" sooo about 7 sizes bigger...wow that is a lot...What a trip. But if you happen to come across a real cool idea you should PM me or post it on here again, because I really like this! Beautiful!

_Carleigh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Carleigh_who else
Carleigh...and I'm out

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005 07:42:12 PM »

awesome idea! i am actually planning on getting my ears stretched just a little smaller than yours. do you know how big that would be?

I know that my ex-boyfriend got his punched out at an 8 guage. I wouldn't reccomend that though if you want them to go back to normal. I would just do it by yourself and be safe about it. Make sure everything is clean so you don't irritate your ears and don't skip sizes!! Ahh..the thought of skipping hurts just thinking about it. I have a reason for saying this though. I know a couple of people who have just shoved stuff in there ears to stretch them and they end up ripping there ears and it looks pretty painful..

Okay I'm sorry that was off of the topic...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimmykat420
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005 08:28:32 PM »

haylie: the last person i saw post about wanting something for decoration was carleigh, i do believe!

roxybadoxy: the next smallest size from mine would be a 6g, after that comes 8g. this link should show you about how big each gauge is.

http://jewelry.about.com/cs/identifyjewelry/l/blgaugechart.htm

carleigh: these are a solid loop going through the tunnels, so they might not fall out as easily. they would probably have to be actually grabbed by something or someone and pulled from your ears. i used a metal jewelry finding, (i have no clue what it's called,) that forms a loop and the end of it fits into a little metal hole on the other end, so it's not hanging open. did that make sense outside of my head? Cheesy here, these pics might explain what i said a little better.

here's the whole thing open:

here's an upclose pic of it open:

and here it's closed:

it's pretty sturdy so far. i have a curious toddler that really likes to grab things that interest her, and it's stood up to her.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Flowers are the sex organs of plants. Who thought it'd be romantic to castrate plants?!"

"You may control my mind, but you'll never control my ass!"

SPEND YOUR MONEY, BUY MY STUFF!
www.punkymompirate. etsy.com
aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005 09:42:34 PM »

Those are very cute!  I think the wire you're using is called memory wire.
Would it work to run some thin chain through the tunnel and then close the chain with a regular necklace clasp?  That might be another way to have danglies. You could hang beads off the chain with head pins.
I think it's cute, and had my nose pierced when I was younger, so I'm not totally square, but the thought of gauging ears makes me so squeamish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005 06:32:49 AM »

I know that my ex-boyfriend got his punched out at an 8 guage. I wouldn't reccomend that though if you want them to go back to normal. I would just do it by yourself and be safe about it. Make sure everything is clean so you don't irritate your ears and don't skip sizes!! Ahh..the thought of skipping hurts just thinking about it. I have a reason for saying this though. I know a couple of people who have just shoved stuff in there ears to stretch them and they end up ripping there ears and it looks pretty painful..

Okay I'm sorry that was off of the topic...  Wink

thanx for the info! i've wanted to do it for the longest time and yea i just wasn't sure what size i should get? thanx!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
L

skinned up knees and salty lips

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005 06:35:36 AM »

no words to describe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog. read often. comment more.
<A HREF="http://www.apessimistsview.blogspot.com">

you taste so sweet but i cant eat the same thing everyday...
icandostufftough
MELONhead

cant help myself

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005 08:54:04 AM »

very good...i had mine 2g and i ended up taking them out.. but i can still fit big stuff in them... but you know what is really dangly a bunch of hoops... specially the surgical steel cheap ones throught the tunnel.... or get a plug, drill a hole ieach side and stick some stuff in those... like your colors too .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"reality leaves alot to the imagination"

I dig things and people
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set White Balance Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Underwater Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Timer Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Sunset Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Spot Meter Function
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...